The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#141  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:42 am

I have also never professed to be a pacifist iirc...I mean how many infractions in one post?!?!!?!?
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#142  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:43 am

Fallible wrote:Yeah, you just lock your money away and tell the offy not to serve you for fun.

Tell me honestly please fal - did you "like" Thommo's post I've reported? I'd like to know before I leave the building.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#143  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 6:50 am

No comment on my post, then?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:52 am

Where's Recursive Prophet when you need him...
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#145  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:56 am

Fallible wrote:No comment on my post, then?

Tell me honestly please fal - did you "like" Thommo's post I've reported? I'd like to know before I leave the locality.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#146  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 7:03 am

Or lie about it - I just don't want to be in a bad mood today or I might have my depressed/concerned/anxious face on when speaking with this "psychiatrist" l8r.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#147  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 7:06 am

Tell me honestly please KIR - what would be the purpose of locking your money away so you can't get it and telling the local offy not to serve you if you were not dependant on alcohol?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#148  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 7:07 am

If I do, will you answer my question?
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#149  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 7:08 am

Keep It Real wrote:Or lie about it - I just don't want to be in a bad mood today or I might have my depressed/concerned/anxious face on when speaking with this "psychiatrist" l8r.

Poor you. I've got to go for the results of the MRI on my liver today to find out if the spot they found is metastatic cancer. I'm not overly concerened about your mood or face.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#150  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 7:11 am

Ah. I see. Good luck - I'm sure we're not the only one's hoping for assistance from the gracious winds of fate today.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#151  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Somebody at church I spoke with about my...er...primary interaction today, when asked "what is a private psychiatrist?! Anybody know?" answered "they interrogate you with a ballaclava on." ROFLCOPTER central : ) She was very impressive, as it happens, IMO. I even raised my voice and cursed a few times. I reckon, in general however, she found the experience even more traumatic than me. Exhausted.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#152  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 1:24 pm

I hope she's OK on her long journey home..ah, that would be paranoia...tut tut :naughty:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#153  Postby Thommo » May 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Thommo wrote:He's gone from his repeated incidents of kicking people's doors in to being up in court for ABH after his neighbour shouted at him and his girlfriend to keep the noise down (an odd choice for a professed pacifist one might think, but then again he posted several times about how she had been encouraging him to violence, which was a pretty serious warning sign a professional may have noticed in time) and he went around and kicked the shit out of him.

One person's door and I didn't kick it in.

You said at the time you did (and then you said you didn't, and later you admitted again you did), and if I've misremembered that the other incidents you had a while back also included a second incident with a door. You certainly did something that landed you up before the bench though, among other incidents.

Keep It Real wrote:I assaulted him because he tore my girlfriend's internal sutures etc, not because he banged on his floor.

You said that what happened was that you were at her house and he shouted at you to keep the noise down. You said that five days earlier your girlfriend had told you that he had pushed her against a railing and her sutures had come out so you were already angry at him. You then had a back and forth with the girlfriend where she encouraged you to go around and beat the shit out of him, which you then did.

That was a premeditated, serious assault, occasioning actual bodily harm, and it would certainly be worse for you in court if the facts that you premeditated the attack and specifically denied feeling any remorse were presented. Hopefully you haven't repeated this anywhere else and certainly won't do so in court as these are specific factors in sentencing.

I sincerely hope that the help you're getting now will continue on past the court case (although I admit you have given the exact opposite impression that you see this as a thing you have to do to manage the court case and make sure you don't get a longer sentence) because you seriously, seriously need the help. Long term. You need to think about the decisions you're making and how they are doing harm to you, how being influenced into violence is a really bad thing, how repeatedly buying alcohol when you're an alcoholic is a really bad thing. A professional can help you with that, placing the blame on other people is just going to enable you to carry on until it really hurts you. That would be extremely sad.
Thommo

Print view this post

#154  Postby Thommo » May 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Thommo wrote:You're talking bollocks. You don't need to have had a treatment to know that a treatment is efficient.

Rigorous clinical studies have been conducted for treatment programmes, whether talking therapy, psychotheraphy, counselling or drugs and someone who hasn't had these (completely real, completely physical) treatments is every bit as able to discuss and understand their efficacy as someone who hasn't.

Indeed anecdote would be of no value.

I've no idea what you think you're doing, but KIR is on a bad path. He's gone from his repeated incidents of kicking people's doors in to being up in court for ABH after his neighbour shouted at him and his girlfriend to keep the noise down (an odd choice for a professed pacifist one might think, but then again he posted several times about how she had been encouraging him to violence, which was a pretty serious warning sign a professional may have noticed in time) and he went around and kicked the shit out of him. He seriously needs help. Urgently. He not only has psychosis (which he was denying for a long time, but thankfully has admitted again recently - although we'll see if that lasts), he's also substance dependent on several things.

If he doesn't get help he's going to end up in jail. So "have a fuckin' word" with yourself eh? Maybe if you want to help, you should accept that he needs to go to a professional not listen to a crackpot on the internet who has stayed up late drinking and shitposting about how he's a genius because he never finishes the things he starts.

Actually fuck it - reported. There're misrepresentations/lies/personal attacks and then there's that comment.

It's not a personal attack, I'll find you the details if you don't remember sharing them.

I genuinely think this is symptomatic of the problems you're having. You find it easier to believe that I (and others) stopped advising you to get help because we've decided you are "often intelligent and not crazy" than because you react like this, because the reality is - and I understand and sympathise - very difficult to face up to. It's hard for you to look at the facts of how your behaviour makes you feel when they are unvarnished. I'm truly sorry that things are going wrong in your life and that it is so clearly making you unhappy.

But the only way you can change that is to get the help you need to change the way you're behaving.

You need to address the cause. And with the best will in the world none of us can help you with that (not even Fallible, she's not here in a professional capacity and to the best of my knowledge couldn't help with diagnosis or prescription of an anti-psychotic if it were required anyway) by gleaning a few small nuggets of information on the internet and saying what we want in response.

Similarly you share these details from your personal life, unsolicited, on a public forum and then change your emphasis from mood to mood and post to post, often to allow you to believe something less hurtful. You get cross when your (10th? 20th? 30th?) instant fix for your problems receives scepticism, as your K-safe did. You build it up to be the solution to not just your problems, but everyone's problems, and of course it fails to deliver. Nobody is surprised by this and you shouldn't be either.

Mental health is really tough. Getting out of a hole is hard work. But nobody can get out of it but the sufferer themselves, and the easiest way for that is professional help. It's not the guy who works at the offie's fault, or responsibility. His job is to sell booze. Please, please stick with going to a psychiatrist or similar. They can help you, and it will be tough (especially at first), but you can get to a place where you feel better.

That's never going to happen as long as you think it's everyone else's fault and the next quick fix is going to be miraculously different from the last dozen.
Last edited by Thommo on May 04, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo

Print view this post

#155  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 2:34 pm

If I were getting paid 25kpa to be a marker I would happily sit here correcting all the glaring errors in your last two posts Thommo, as I see them, but I'm not so I'm not.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#156  Postby Thommo » May 04, 2018 2:52 pm

You should. If they are actually wrong in any meaningful way, I really think you should correct them.

As far as I've been able to tell there are two small mistakes - one is that I said "kicking" referring to the door when you said you put it through with a rock, but then I also said you "kicked" the guy's head in. That's just colloquial use and a semantic quibble.

The other is that I said you did it more than once, when in fact, whilst you have discussed other incidents, and mishaps that have landed you up in contact with the police actually kicking doors in seems to be isolated to the one incident. Which is great, and I'm sorry I got that detail wrong.

As for the rest:
(I've spoiler tagged everything because I think it's going to be tough for you to read, I'm including it because I think we should be facing the reality though)
[Reveal] Spoiler: "Here’s you on pacifism"
Keep It Real wrote:I was raised a pacifist so struggle accepting the fight, but I need to - it’s inevitable.

Keep It Real wrote:Can’t kill everybody innit exactly fall....I lay a finger on nobody....smash thru a door but no flesh involved

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Here’s you on putting in someone’s door and kicking off"
Keep It Real wrote:I got upset about being hated and put through somebody’s front door at 4 am and waltzed in for a chat....he thanked me when I came in that he had managed to offend me that much that I kicked off that way...he felt complimented lol

Keep It Real wrote:heheh it’s a long trip up to Mosside and the train is dear....if I’m kicking in anyone’s door it’s Donald’s....

Keep It Real wrote:My first time arrested for putting a rock through that front door...can’t remember when that was...September was it? Circa 3 months off the antipsychotics? Wish the search function worked...I begged to be taken to the mental hospital from the holding cell but they refused so I just gave up on that for subsequent incidences and I guess decided it was just the alcohol causing my problems although I drank the same amount amount for the 5 years on antipsychotics with no troubles at all....what a fool I am to have not analysed/diagnosed this sooner...comorbid innit :doh:

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Here’s you saying that the prompt for you to kick your neighbour’s head in was him banging on his ceiling, complete with identification that the incident your girlfriend told you about was five days earlier:"
Keep It Real wrote:This didn’t surprise me much but...well. 5 days after A&E he was banging on her ceiling (his floor) because he "felt" we were making too much noise. She said circa "go up and knock on his door." I said circa "you really want me to do violence on him?" - those two sentences were repeated a few times and then I went up and knocked on his door - a lot - hard. Eventually he answered with a saucepan in his hand. He didn’t stand a chance. Fortuitously (imo) my assault on him got downgraded to ABH. Thoughts?

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Numerous places you talk about yourself as an alcoholic, drug and alcohol abuser, dependent or similar and how the years of failed quick fixes are leading to bad consequences in your life"
Keep It Real wrote:er....oh so certain....so I’m not an alcoholic then? Not an addict? Because I can lock away my cash just fine...

Keep It Real wrote:Junky, alcoholic KIR - sentenced to execution at midnight and to be replaced by the sober remnants.

Keep It Real wrote:Tried AA but all that focus on alcohol just made me want to drink. The trick to not drinking is not to focus on it imo, says this wiley old ex-alcoholic of 3 days - get a hobby. I’m writing a novel me.

Keep It Real wrote:And there’s no reason mentally ill alcoholic drug users can’t be good neighbours. Did I mention I live on a council estate?

Keep It Real wrote:I would be being hypocritical if I didn’t admit that I needed free food because I am still skint from my/our gigantic booze/fags benders....

Keep It Real wrote:Amphetamine, crack, weed, booze and fags for pretty much 10 days straight...christ I’m glad my mother doesn’t read this forum lol

Keep It Real wrote:You’ve participated in the "Will I give up drugs, fags and booze from midnight" thread, so should be well aware of my substance abuse problems and how my motivation is lacking.

Keep It Real wrote:Ah fucking hell. I relapsed. Bought fags and booze. Guess I got cocky. I’m so fucking sorry to you guys - you’ve all been fantastic. I’ll quit again at midnight - back on the horse. I’m so embarrassed. As soon as I posted that I’d achieved my goal the rot set in. I won’t post in this thread again for a week after tonight - it’s absurd for me to take up your time like this when I fail again so easily. Sorry everybody, particularly monkeyboy, Fallible and Scholasticspastic.

Keep It Real wrote:My choices are all dependent on factors beyond my control.

Keep It Real wrote:no pain no gain. Masochism is the way forward - to get off on the pain of not abusing myself with drink and drugs because it’s for the best...from midnight.

Keep It Real wrote:I need envisage that fire and let it burn bright in my mind - that waste of life, killing myself with drugs, alcohol and cigarettes, aimlessly drifting, bored out of my mind.

Keep It Real wrote:The excuse my brain cooked up this time was that quitting for new years was an artificial milestone and the decision need be generated closer to home. I also started that thread on taking responsibility for one’s actions which made me wallow in feelings of helplessness.

Keep It Real wrote:Dependant on alcohol? Moi? Surely not , the point is I’m so petrified of psychosis that the dependancy is now trumped, and could have been from 15 July 2017 if only the "pros" "caring" for me had a clue.
Thommo

Print view this post

#157  Postby Keep It Real » May 12, 2018 7:53 pm

OK fine here it is then.

What a shedload of pathetic contemptible lies and misrepresentations then on your part. I never said I kicked anybody's door in. I never called myself a 'pacifist' - I said it is inevitable that one must be willing to be violent. I'd shoot Nazis 'til the cows came home. Ok so I said I "lay a finger on nobody" and that was incorrect - stupid fucking me for not imagining the situation where a fully grown man assaults my girlfriend and tears her internal surgery sutures, followed by him continuing to be a dick thereby laying that final straw on the camels back. I guess I really should develop an imagination and imagine every conceivable horror in the world so I can predict my response FFS, If you can't read between the lines as to the real reason I filled in that fucking arsehole then I really don't know what to say. I never said I was dependant on alcohol.

Go ahead Thommo; reply; dig deeper. :contempt:
Last edited by Keep It Real on May 12, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#158  Postby Thommo » May 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:I was raised a pacifist so struggle accepting the fight, but I need to - it's inevitable.

Keep It Real wrote:Can't kill everybody innit exactly fall....I lay a finger on nobody....smash thru a door but no flesh involved

I never called myself a 'pacifist' - I said it is inevitable that one must be willing to be violent.

Keep It Real wrote:er....oh so certain....so I'm not an alcoholic then? Not an addict? Because I can lock away my cash just fine...

Keep It Real wrote:Junky, alcoholic KIR - sentenced to execution at midnight and to be replaced by the sober remnants.

Keep It Real wrote:Tried AA but all that focus on alcohol just made me want to drink. The trick to not drinking is not to focus on it imo, says this wiley old ex-alcoholic of 3 days - get a hobby. I'm writing a novel me.

Keep It Real wrote:And there's no reason mentally ill alcoholic drug users can't be good neighbours. Did I mention I live on a council estate?

Keep It Real wrote:My choices are all dependent on factors beyond my control.

Keep It Real wrote:Dependant on alcohol? Moi? Surely not, the point is I'm so petrified of psychosis that the dependancy is now trumped, and could have been from 15/7/2017 if only the "pros" "caring" for me had a clue.

I never said I was dependant on alcohol.

Yeah, right.
Thommo

Print view this post

#159  Postby The_Metatron » May 15, 2018 5:53 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Thommo, you caused the first crash with malformed quote tags. KIR, you did it with some emoticon or other.

This cost me an hour and a half. I’m not doing that again. In future, I’m going to delete the contents of posts causing SQL errors.

The_Metatron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#160  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2018 7:21 am

Um. That's your job.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience