The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#61  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Nicko wrote:
I'm saying you need to be in regular contact with a qualified professional whom you trust.

I doubt that's going to happen, but, again, I could be wrong and my GP might refer me for regular checkups when I see her next Friday. As Fallible said, mental health provision is the poor cousin of physiological health provision and I doubt my GP will commit the resources to check up on me, say, every week.
"What's it like to be rich? You can't have two lunches." - some famous musician.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Fallible » Jul 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Keep It Real wrote:There is no supervision available. My CPN didn't seem to think my coming off antipsychotics was irresponsible. The only embarrassment around is that some people frequent the forum despite believing people aren't overwhelmingly honest in their posts. If I thought that I'd view this forum as being a prodigious waste of time.

It's not embarrassing to exhibit common sense. The way you speak to the people whose opinions you claim to respect and who you are claiming to trust is what's embarrassing. It's irrational, and a repeating pattern in your postings here. You ask for opinions, advice and contributions, then when people oblige, you become personal if the asked for input deviates from your own view.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Pretty hypocritical Fallible. You're having a proper go at me..OK; you've never claimed to respect my opinion or trust me but that doesn't mean it's not a personal attack. When have I ever got personal with someone who I claim to respect? Is this because I gave you a :tinfoil:? OK, I might have had a proper go at you in the past but that was a long time ago, before I grew to respect your opinion properly. I've taken your advice in this thread, but that doesn't mean I agree with you about everything. What you call common sense I call paranoia. It saddens me that you have such a low opinion of me. Thomas Eshuis winds me up with his derogatory posts, and I've never claimed to respect his opinion. It's not like you've never received an advisory.
"What's it like to be rich? You can't have two lunches." - some famous musician.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 23, 2017 10:50 pm

I actually think your post is just ego-dystonic player hating Fallible. Perhaps I should take that as a compliment, but TBH it just makes you seem small. Does it make you feel good to have a go at me and put me down? WTF is that post having a go at me???!!! PATHETIC!! If no apology is forthcoming I'll have to relegate you to the status of the also rans....ah fuck it; I've lost you already. You fucked up.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Fallible is a failure.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Fallible » Jul 24, 2017 7:30 am

Yes, just like that.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 24, 2017 9:13 am

Keep It Real wrote: Does it make you feel good to have a go at me and put me down?

Some people never grow out of bullying. I've lost all respect for you Fallible. Tiny.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Fallible » Jul 24, 2017 10:19 am

I'm devastated.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 24, 2017 11:26 am

Me too.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#70  Postby DavidMcC » Jul 24, 2017 11:47 am

It's ironic that KIR has turned on Fallible, because I seem to remember that she defended him from perceived criticism by me, about year, or so ago.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#71  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 24, 2017 12:06 pm

That was presumably before she decided I was a threat to her ego and started hating on me.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#72  Postby scott1328 » Jul 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Perhaps KiR's recent posting history is providing ample evidence of why he should seek at competent medical advice about his medication. I for one have observed a noticeable change; and not for the better.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm

He's made up his mind. People have given sound advise he's welcome to take or leave.

You're an adult, KIR, and are welcome to make decisions about your body, good and bad. If you're going to do this sans medical oversight, that's up to you. People have expressed major concerns about you doing so though.

Do whatever you're going to do. Don't be too proud to ask for help if shit gets ugly. That help shouldn't come from here though. All we know is an online persona from your posting history. We cannot replace a professional or true friend.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 24, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm getting all the medical oversight I can. If there's something else I could do to get more I ask people to let me know. I've taken the advice in this thread circa contacting medical professionals. I feel fine - no anxiety or paranoia. All is well.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:
You're an adult, KIR, and are welcome to make decisions about your body, good and bad.

Thanks for this Rachel.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Blip » Jul 25, 2017 6:40 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
KeepItReal, in your post here, you call another contributor a failure.

This contravenes the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2c, which concerns personal attack.

Please don’t make remarks of this sort.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic; they may be removed without further warning.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience