The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#81  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am

I can't even begin to analyse why she might possibly have said something so completely absurd.W.T.F.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm

You're talking to yourself again.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Not "don't break your hand!" but "don't break my wall!" :lol: :roll: :doh:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#84  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Seriously, it means nothing to anyone except you. Get help.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Well; we're pretty much engaged now so :crazy: talk about teething troubles :lol: :party:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#86  Postby jamest » Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Don't ever listen to a guy who needs help, in order to get help. The difference between you and them, KIR, is that most of them consider themselves to be 'healthy'. Like fuck.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 09, 2018 1:26 am

She's had such a positive impact on me already though m8 and she doesn't consider herself to be healthy - she's having her gall bladder out soon and pops as many pain killers as she's allowed pretty much every day because she's in such pain :waah:

There is a possibility in my mind however that her "gallbladder problems" are psychosomatic however; derived from her psychological/social/family/bereavement/work stress (she does a very tough job) problems. I've heard of that phenomenon at least twice before and the nurse on her hospital ward the other day said to me "maybe it's psychological". I pointed out her lying to her and I don't think she's lied to me since so that's progress - and the pain she was in tonight before the Tramadol and paracetamol was located in her arm where the doctors had been digging around for a vein yesterday - not her stomach.

Also - I do actually consider myself "healthy" currently - bar the alcohol abuse (hopefully historic - the local 24 garage has agreed to put my photo up in the staff room so all the staff know not to serve me - my idea - a useful safety precaution hopefully) and the tobacco...oh yeah and the broken rib and the psoriasis and the sprained jaw.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby jamest » Feb 09, 2018 2:10 am

I was talking about the people here.

I hope you're well. If you have a problem not yet encountered on The Only Way Is Essex, let me know. That sounds like a dig, but I'm being serious.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#89  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 09, 2018 3:51 am

jamest wrote:Don't ever listen to a guy who needs help, in order to get help. The difference between you and them, KIR, is that most of them consider themselves to be 'healthy'. Like fuck.

Another big difference is not being diagnosed with schizophrenia. Also, thinking it's not a good idea to go around terrorizing people is a pretty big difference too.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 09, 2018 5:10 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:Don't ever listen to a guy who needs help, in order to get help. The difference between you and them, KIR, is that most of them consider themselves to be 'healthy'. Like fuck.

Another big difference is not being diagnosed with schizophrenia. Also, thinking it's not a good idea to go around terrorizing people is a pretty big difference too.

All I can do is repeat myself here same RE your first point. According to my most recent interaction with mental health professionals I am "not currently suffering from mental illness" so I may have once been diagnosed with schizophrenia but am not currently diagnosed with schizophrenia. If you keep saying I am currently suffering from schizophrenia I'm going to report you for trolling - of the worst possible kind TBH.

As far as the terrorising goes I will not be doing any more of that, so I no longer think that is a good idea - on the contrary.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#91  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 09, 2018 5:37 am

Keep It Real wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

All I can do is repeat myself here same RE your first point. According to my most recent interaction with mental health professionals I am "not currently suffering from mental illness" so I may have once been diagnosed with schizophrenia but am not currently diagnosed with schizophrenia. If you keep saying I am currently suffering from schizophrenia I'm going to report you for trolling - of the worst possible kind TBH.

I've never once said you're currently suffering from schizophrenia, please read the posts you're responding to before making ridiculous threats. You can report it all you like, I'm sorry you're offended by the fact that you were diagnosed with schizophrenia and you can't deal with the fact that there is no cure, all you can do is manage it when your'e suffering.

As far as the terrorising goes I will not be doing any more of that, so I no longer think that is a good idea - on the contrary.

That's nice, but the fact that you ever thought it was a good idea at all is still troubling.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 09, 2018 5:48 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:I've never once said you're currently suffering from schizophrenia, please read the posts you're responding to before making ridiculous threats. You can report it all you like, I'm sorry you're offended by the fact that you were diagnosed with schizophrenia and you can't deal with the fact that there is no cure, all you can do is manage it when your'e suffering.

There may not be a cure, but complete recovery is possible, so the distinction is moot. If you agree I'm not currently suffering with schizophrenia then why fucking mention it in the first place?
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#93  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 09, 2018 6:03 am

Keep It Real wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I've never once said you're currently suffering from schizophrenia, please read the posts you're responding to before making ridiculous threats. You can report it all you like, I'm sorry you're offended by the fact that you were diagnosed with schizophrenia and you can't deal with the fact that there is no cure, all you can do is manage it when your'e suffering.

There may not be a cure, but complete recovery is possible, so the distinction is moot.

"I could die before I experience symptoms again" is still not synonymous with "complete recovery", no matter how hard you may wish it to be so.

If you agree I'm not currently suffering with schizophrenia then why fucking mention it in the first place?

I have no idea if you're currently experiencing symptoms of schizophrenia. But the fact that you've been diagnosed with it means you could be suffering from it at any time. It was mentioned because jamest seemed to suggest that having an actual ailment is the same as having a worldview he doesn't like, which is incredibly irresponsible. I'm hoping you take his words of encouragement for their intention rather than their literal advice, because he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's talking about.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Fallible » Feb 09, 2018 7:34 am

Hmm...'a guy who needs help'. How do you make that assessment? I'm not sure about your 'difference' either. KIR considers himself to be healthy, or have you not been reading his posts? Your approach to mental wellness deserves a self-help book of its own to nestle in with The Secret on the bookshop shelves. For my view of the author of that, see Derren Brown's Happy.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#95  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm

james wrote:
The difference between you and them KIR is that most of them consider themselves to be healthy

Youre talking about mental health here and in that context maybe I do consider myself healthy. I am not in denial about my mental health however. It just so happens that in spite of it I can still function reasonably well. I dont let that lure me into
a false sense of security. So then rather than pretend it doesnt exist I acknowledge its existence and either work with it or
around it. But I never think to myself I dont have it. That simply never happens

A number of members both past and present have documented their battles with mental illness and none of them are in denial about it. They might consider themselves healthier than KIR but that is something entirely different. I know of no member here who has experienced mental illness being in denial about it. If they were they wouldnt be mentioning it in
the first place. Your comment therefore appears to be an evidence free assertion
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#96  Postby Keep It Real » May 01, 2018 5:23 pm

New prescription coming tomorrow hopefully. Enough's enough - that last psychotic break happened whilst sobre - IMHO due to the stress/trauma of the incidences of psychosis whilst drunk and the consequences of said incidences. Acute stress reaction indeed. Wonder what they'll put me on this time...and what the side effects, if any, will be.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#97  Postby Fallible » May 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Thank fuck, KIR.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Keep It Real » May 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Quite. I'm also not going to be doing anything that remotely resembels activism or academia by my mind for the forseeable future. Gonna write and illustrate children's books I think...nice chilled fun work - no stress. Got part way into 3 time ago and have still got the files so can pick up where I left off. I was told the other day that it often takes a while to get back into taking antipsychotics because they often illicit nasty side effects initially but I'm going to soldier throught that - I just hope it doesn't hurt too much - no need to think they're going to.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#99  Postby surreptitious57 » May 01, 2018 7:42 pm

You have taken previous meds with alcohol which you know you should not be doing so you need to stop that from now on
You should also inform your mental health team that you have been mixing if you have not done so for they need to know
What happened to you instructing your off licence not to give you alcohol that never lasted long as you gave in too easily
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#100  Postby Keep It Real » May 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi surr, long time no parle. My kSafe will hopefully handle most of my alcoholism - 4 pack bought = no more funds til tomoz. The mental health pros know all about my mixing. I can't help it if the local offies will serve me when I ask them to, even if I have previously asked them not to.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience