Your place on the psychopathic spectrum

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Your place on the psychopathic spectrum

#21  Postby Sciwoman » Aug 24, 2014 8:45 am

tuco wrote:Is it nature of tests like this one being predictable? I mean its not that difficult to get the result I want.

I always look at tests like this as a bit of fun. I don't see how you can predict something like how much of a psychopath a person is with just a handful of questions.

Oh, btw, I got 15%.
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin
Sciwoman
RS Donator

Name: AKA Ayaan
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby tuco » Aug 24, 2014 8:50 am

Sciwoman wrote:
tuco wrote:Is it nature of tests like this one being predictable? I mean its not that difficult to get the result I want.

I always look at tests like this as a bit of fun. I don't see how you can predict something like how much of a psychopath a person is with just a handful of questions.

Oh, btw, I got 15%.

Sure, this one had handful of questions. However, I think I could get the result I wanted even if it had 20x more questions for example. Granted the questions were as "predictable" as in this test. I mean it seems obvious what (most of) the questions try to determine.

edit: I scored 91% in the @channel4 psychopathic traits test. First time I genuinely *cough* got 33%
tuco

Print view this post

#23  Postby The_Piper » Aug 24, 2014 9:06 am

6%. I'm burdened by this conscience, apparently. :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby BlackBart » Aug 24, 2014 9:07 am

24% - More Prudence Kitten than Shere Khan apparently.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby tuco » Aug 24, 2014 9:12 am

But seriously, I could not get higher score on IQ test, for example, if I wanted.
tuco

Print view this post

#26  Postby minininja » Aug 24, 2014 9:50 am

tuco wrote:But seriously, I could not get higher score on IQ test, for example, if I wanted.

But you could get a lower score. On a test like this a genuine psychopath might simply have no clue that non-psychopaths may feel uncomfortable cancelling long-standing plans, for instance, - which is why they are a psychopath, - and the best they could do to fake it would be (from their point of view) to pick answers at random. No doubt a proper test could still be much improved though, with better questions including trick ones to catch out people trying to cheat. This one is mostly a bit of fun, like the online IQ tests, many of which are wildly inaccurate or possible to cheat on.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 24, 2014 9:51 am

21%

A nice guy then; oh the horror.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Varangian » Aug 24, 2014 10:01 am

27%, but don't let that fool you.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#29  Postby tuco » Aug 24, 2014 10:07 am

minininja wrote:
tuco wrote:But seriously, I could not get higher score on IQ test, for example, if I wanted.

But you could get a lower score. On a test like this a genuine psychopath might simply have no clue that non-psychopaths may feel uncomfortable cancelling long-standing plans, for instance, - which is why they are a psychopath, - and the best they could do to fake it would be (from their point of view) to pick answers at random. No doubt a proper test could still be much improved though, with better questions including trick ones to catch out people trying to cheat. This one is mostly a bit of fun, like the online IQ tests, many of which are wildly inaccurate or possible to cheat on.

Often I hear in news that this or that person is dangerous psychopath - according to psychiatric evaluation - in case of alleged or convicted criminals for example.

I was not trying to ruin fun from this test, I was asking about nature of these tests, where by "these tests" I meant tests trying to determine psychopathy. In other words, I am genuinely (as far as I am aware;) curious how reliable such tests are?
tuco

Print view this post

#30  Postby Ironclad » Aug 24, 2014 11:02 am

76%

"You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies..."

Yup, that's about right :coffee:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#31  Postby tuco » Aug 24, 2014 11:08 am

Yeah, stop playing hardboat! :P
tuco

Print view this post

#32  Postby The_Piper » Aug 24, 2014 11:46 am

Ironclad wrote:76%

"You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies..."

Yup, that's about right :coffee:

My message warned me about people like you. :waah:

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."
:lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Ironclad » Aug 24, 2014 12:36 pm

It's all falling into place muhuhaha ha!
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#34  Postby The_Piper » Aug 24, 2014 12:42 pm

:o

:lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Fallible » Aug 24, 2014 3:22 pm

33%.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby UncertainSloth » Aug 24, 2014 3:31 pm

55%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

so, dull then....
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Dolorian » Aug 24, 2014 3:33 pm

39%

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."

Sounds about right!
Dolorian

Male

Print view this post

#38  Postby catbasket » Aug 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Answering honestly I scored 21%. Answering to get a good psychopath rating I scored 100%.
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Strontium Dog » Aug 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Liberal.

STRONTIUM'S LAW: All online discussions about British politics, irrespective of the topic, will eventually turn to the Lib Dem tuition fee pledge
Strontium Dog
Banned User

Name: Dan
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Varangian » Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:42

Was that supposed to be an answer?

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience