A Real Ritual

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

A Real Ritual

#1  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Ritualistic Lucid Dreaming

In a lucid dream infinite power, within the bounds of the dreamers own body, is bestowed upon the dreamer; if the dreamer can control the dreamers urge for fun, the dreamer may conduct a ritual, which will result in a downgrade to a normal dream wherein the dreamer may find answers to difficult questions, that they like or dislike, or enlightenment---or the dreamer may be granted special, sometimes unique, mental or physical powers. To conduct a ritualistic lucid dream follow the steps that're written below this paragraph in full:

1. Be in a state of a lucid dream; sleeping multiple times in a day can help influence lucid dreams, either on the second sleep, third or thereafter. Another method is to keep a healthy mind; do not touch narcotics, as narcotics, especially cannabis and tobacco, may reduce your dopamine or make your rapid-eye-movement weaker.
2. Focus dream energy into a small focal point; a triangle made out of the fingers will suffice, but it's fine to use any shape or form. The more expertise that you have, the greater flexibility you will attain.
3. Use vocal or visual stimulation to perform the ritual; perhaps ask, "what happens when I, or they, die", and then the ritual will present to you, in a normal dream format, the answer(s) to your question. There are many rituals that one can perform---it doesn't always have to be a question.
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

Name: Shannon Green

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: A Real Ritual

#2  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 3:01 pm

s13ep wrote:
3. Use vocal or visual stimulation to perform the ritual; perhaps ask, "what happens when I, or they, die", and then the ritual will present to you, in a normal dream format, the answer(s) to your question. There are many rituals that one can perform---it doesn't always have to be a question.

I accept that you used this question for illustrative purposes only, rather than as a suggestion of the sort of question that could only be answered through this ritualistic process.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Sendraks wrote:
s13ep wrote:

I accept that you used this question for illustrative purposes only, rather than as a suggestion of the sort of question that could only be answered through this ritualistic process.

I trust the dream...
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Good for you. I trust evidence that is verifiable.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Sendraks wrote:Good for you. I trust evidence that is verifiable.

That which is evident is enough for me; if it was all about evidence how could I interpret my dream properly? Wouldn't it simply be blackness?
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 3:54 pm

I've no idea how you would verify that you had interpreted a dream properly.

Nor is it obvious why improperly interpreting a dream would simply be blackness.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Sendraks wrote:I've no idea how you would verify that you had interpreted a dream properly.

Nor is it obvious why improperly interpreting a dream would simply be blackness.

I wake up with the answer in my head, it's not fuzzy for everyone...

Wait, aren't you the one who only takes merit in hard-evidence? Where do you go about witnessing a dream-state? Any 'evidence' of a dream-state you've witnessed?

I take it you've never had a ritualistic lucid dream.
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 4:11 pm

s13ep wrote:I wake up with the answer in my head, it's not fuzzy for everyone...

As I said, good for you.

s13ep wrote:Wait, aren't you the one who only takes merit in hard-evidence?

I would suggest that my comments in this discussion thus far would indicate that I value verifiable evidence.

s13ep wrote:I take it you've never had a ritualistic lucid dream.

No idea.

I've had answers to problems come to me in my sleep before now. The thing here is that these were "answers" I could go and verify i.e. the key you're looking for is in the brown coat. The usefulness and general accuracy of the "dream answer" were verifiable. There was no ritualistic process involved though, just that my sub-conscious state was able to resolve a problem my waking mind hadn't been able to untangled.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

s13ep wrote:

Alternatively, we might have had experiences similar to what you're describing, but we interpreted them differently. For example, I would simply call it a dream, and I would attach no more meaning to it than I do to any other flight of fancy- with the understanding that sometimes good ideas can arise from flights of fancy. But these ideas, once obtained from whatever source, must make it through a much more discerning process than uncritical acceptance if they are to be useful.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
s13ep wrote:

Alternatively, we might have had experiences similar to what you're describing, but we interpreted them differently. For example, I would simply call it a dream, and I would attach no more meaning to it than I do to any other flight of fancy- with the understanding that sometimes good ideas can arise from flights of fancy. But these ideas, once obtained from whatever source, must make it through a much more discerning process than uncritical acceptance if they are to be useful.

I don't interpret imagery with words. It's a case of, if I see it happen, I believe it.

If I asked what's going to happen when I die, and then I'm presented with a dream-state that shows me a chair in some Hostel (referring to the horror movie) room I'd take it for what it is, was, and felt like, alone, without attached word.

The hypocrisy in this thread.
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 4:25 pm

s13ep wrote:The hypocrisy in this thread.

Is where?

I don't need a lucid dream to answer the question what happens when I die. Which, in so far as I am concerned, amounts to "not a lot." I realise that yourself and others out there, have fanciful notions attached to what happens when you die, but they are a) not verifiable and b) at odds with the prevailing evidence that supports no ongoing concerns vis the conscious mind of that individual.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#12  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Sendraks wrote:
s13ep wrote:The hypocrisy in this thread.

Is where?

I don't need a lucid dream to answer the question what happens when I die. Which, in so far as I am concerned, amounts to "not a lot." I realise that yourself and others out there, have fanciful notions attached to what happens when you die, but they are a) not verifiable and b) at odds with the prevailing evidence that supports no ongoing concerns vis the conscious mind of that individual.

Let other people have their go before you prance around making innate assumptions.
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 4:41 pm

s13ep wrote:
Let other people have their go before you prance around making innate assumptions.

That doesn't answer the question about your claim of hypocrisy.

I'm also not required to "let other people have their go." The available evidence does not support any sort of continuation of consciousness after death. Fanciful claims of post-death consciousness are not verifiable.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby laklak » Oct 19, 2015 4:48 pm

I have solved problems in dreams. Usually the dreamed solution has absolutely fuck all to do with the real world problem, but I can sort of squish it into a semblance of relevance if I squint and look out of the corner of my eye. For example, I was worrying about the port engine, it runs rougher than the starboard, and smokes more when it's started. That night I dreamed about a man fucking a penguin (not me, of course, it was some other guy). After a while I realized that penguins are affected by oil spills, and diesel is an oil product, and fucking something can be viewed as injecting them with a penis. Et voila, my problem is the diesel fuel injectors!

Thanks, Timecube!
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#15  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Ah, but you're interpreting. According to Timecube, you should be out watching some guy fuck a penguin.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 5:23 pm

If you've never had a ritualistic lucid dream, you're not qualified to argue for it's falsehood. In my dream, Trump nuked Syria, and then Syrians started to eat one another.

Plus, even though they minimalized collateral damage, it still damaged Syria and it's people!

My point is, again, there was no 'working out' to do, it was the dream-news, per say, and I enjoyed it.

I also took to belief in it's content, that if Trump nukes Syria, it's people will be damaged, as well as the other nature there.

Knowing how people know the evident probability, and possibilities within range, it's probable that there will be no collateral damage.

Doesn't seem so stupid in my eyes! Furthermore, what exactly do you know about the power of dreams other than "It's chemical reactions in in the body"?

Too dull for me! I'm a believer in beautiful, intense colours.
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Yes, well, around here we're bored to tears with people believing whatever sort of fanciful nonsense they want. The site's called Rational Skepticism, not I Dreamed I Fucked A Penguin And I Liked It.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby quas » Oct 19, 2015 6:20 pm

laklak wrote:I have solved problems in dreams. Usually the dreamed solution has absolutely fuck all to do with the real world problem, but I can sort of squish it into a semblance of relevance if I squint and look out of the corner of my eye. For example, I was worrying about the port engine, it runs rougher than the starboard, and smokes more when it's started. That night I dreamed about a man fucking a penguin (not me, of course, it was some other guy). After a while I realized that penguins are affected by oil spills, and diesel is an oil product, and fucking something can be viewed as injecting them with a penis. Et voila, my problem is the diesel fuel injectors!

Thanks, Timecube!

So your power animal is Marla Singer?
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#19  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 19, 2015 6:44 pm

s13ep wrote:If you've never had a ritualistic lucid dream, you're not qualified to argue for it's falsehood.

Bullshit.

And that is all the strength of argument that's required to deal with your silly little claims.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby s13ep » Oct 19, 2015 6:46 pm

In this thread, the egotistical "smart ones" express how my claims are stupid by reading "Trump nukes Syria" as "man fucks penguin".
THIS
IS
RITUAL
s13ep
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems