Crazy Mormon Douchebag

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Crazy Mormon Douchebag

#41  Postby lordshipmayhem » Aug 30, 2011 12:34 pm

BrandySpears wrote:
NineOneFour wrote:Yes, modern Mormons oppose polygamy, or mainstream ones do.

Not in the afterlife they don't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_ ... _Mormonism

Because as everyone knows, after you're married, you're dead. :grin:
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#42  Postby NineOneFour » Aug 30, 2011 1:02 pm

I still don't understand why Paula, Sweitzen, Midnightfire, and I have to be the only ones attacking him. ;)
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#43  Postby trubble76 » Aug 30, 2011 2:42 pm

crazy mormon douchebag wrote:"...I'll leave you to your group think activity with the following: I know that Mormonism is immoral and destructive to persons and societies. I have no problem interacting personally or professionally with Mormons. I am more than willing to do what I can to help anyone get past any moral failing because Thor knows I need help sometimes. I will not support legislation that seeks to rationalize immorality."

I fixed it up a bit for him. And before you ask, no, I don't do MyTwitFace or whatever it is.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#44  Postby AlohaChris » Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Maybe post this to FB and ask him to explain why the rebellious Lamanites were cursed with black skin (The mark of Cain) at around 2:32 in the video but the Nephities who were loyal to god "white & delightsome"?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5e7MR1i4s[/youtube]
"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer for why the sun goes down at night."
- Cavil of Cylon
AlohaChris
RS Donator

Name: Chris
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#45  Postby NineOneFour » Aug 31, 2011 12:50 am

Done.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Witticism » Aug 31, 2011 5:37 am

NineOneFour wrote:Facebook follies, got to love it.

I have this Mormon co-worker who showed his true colors last night by responding to a pro-gay marriage comment of mine with the following:

"Your consistent insinuations that all opposition to so-called 'gay marriage' is fueled by the hateful and the ignorant demonstrates your lack of understanding of the other side of the issue. The majority of opposition cannot be defined by the motives of a small subset. The majority of the opposition would also oppose any legislation or program promoting extramarital sex, polygamy, abuse, divorce, abortion, violence, racism, drug use, or any other practice deemed as immoral. These practices are destructive to society and individuals."

:coffee:

Comments?

A Mormon who opposes polygamy ... there is a first for everything I guess :smug:

Wow. The matrix really has a hold of this bloke. :roll:

To me, opposition to same-sex equality is bigotry pure and simple.

For instance, in my lovely country we have very strong anti-discrimination laws however discrimination is still entrenched in this country [and seemingly many others around the world] because of the following scenario.

Australian person A is allowed to marry Australian person B.

Australian person C is NOT allowed to marry Australian person D.*
(Obviously I am referring to persons C and D being of the same gender.)

When some citizens are allowed to marry whomever they want but others are not, then you create two classes of citizens – which is antithesis to the Australian ‘fair go’ ethos that is inherent in our culture.

Yet this is the sad reality we find ourselves in as our politicians are to gutless to face up to reality – the majority of Australians couldn’t give a rat’s arse about who marries who and are supportive of same-sex marriage. :nod:

* The only exception I agree with would be where person C is an adult and person D is a minor – just thought I’d add that for the logical fanatics who can’t resist pointing it out.
If you are not vegan, please consider going vegan. It’s a matter of nonviolence. Being vegan is your statement that you reject violence to other sentient beings, to yourself, and to the environment, on which all sentient beings depend.
Gary Francione
Witticism
RS Donator

Name: Witti
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#47  Postby ChasM » Aug 31, 2011 5:59 am

To be fair, the cartoon was produced as a snickering anti-Mormon diatribe by some Xian sect that probably thinks its beliefs are completely sane and beyond reproach. :point: Not an entirely accurate portrayal of Mormonism, but some wacky parts are indeed on the mark.

Jon Krakauer's fascinating story of a ritual murder in Utah, Under the Banner of Heaven, has a nice condensation of the history of Mormonism and the LDS Church [reformed - no more plural wives; no more institutional racism, etc.] and the fringe Fundamentalist LDS churches [stick to the racist, patriarchal authoritarian, super horny, pedophiliac [sic?] ways of Joe Smith, Brigham Young, et al.].

The LDS church is working hard to change its wacky image [witness their media campaign with sponsored vids on YT], particularly when some of their fringe brethren wind up in the media showing off their multiple wives. The Elizabeth Smart kidnapping was a nice intersection of LDS/FLDS, where a nice, kind, affluent white LDS family crossed paths with a FLDS whacko prophet, who took their daughter & spent a lot of time raping his young celestial bride. All is forgiven, apparently, since he was doing it for the Lord.

misanthropic_clown has a good thread on the subject of all things Mormon:
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/christianity/ask-a-mormon-t7107.html
Last edited by ChasM on Aug 31, 2011 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The most common of follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind. HL Mencken
ChasM

Name: "Bob"
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#48  Postby ChasM » Aug 31, 2011 6:10 am

Witticism wrote:
A Mormon who opposes polygamy ... there is a first for everything I guess :smug:

Actually, Wit, Joe Smith had to hide the fact that he had multiple wives - many of his followers found it reprehensible. Some split from the church when he revealed his revelation on celestial marriage. After he died, some monogamists tried to succeed him to fix this PR nightmare, but horny ol' Brigham Young rode in just in the nick of time and saved the day for the polygamists. I forget when, but somewhere around the turn of the century [~1900] the LDS Church issued a fatwah renouncing the practice, which led to the offshoot fundie sects who longed for the good ol' days of many fresh, nubile 14-yr-old wives for their horny old codger leaders. :naughty2:
The most common of follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind. HL Mencken
ChasM

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#49  Postby ChasM » Sep 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Excerpt from a genuine Mormon illustrated fairy tale history:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xlogBiTJO0[/youtube]
ChasM

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#50  Postby AlohaChris » Sep 14, 2011 2:15 am

Nice vid Chase, I particularly loved blond-haired, blue-eyed Mormon Jesus, complete with 18th century style shit (just like Joseph Smith's!)...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer for why the sun goes down at night."
- Cavil of Cylon
AlohaChris
RS Donator

Name: Chris
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems