Fundies are Fundies

Hindus too

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Fundies are Fundies

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 24, 2021 8:10 am

Violent fundie Hindus are at it again!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-59778426

Police in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand have registered a case after a meeting of Hindu leaders called for violence against Muslims.

One of the organisers of the Haridwar event, Prabodhanand Giri, has often been photographed with party leaders, reported NDTV. In one photo, Uttarakhand's Chief Minister Pushkar Dhami, a BJP politician, is seen touching his feet.

At the event, Mr Giri was seen asking India's army, politicians and Hindus to do what was done in Myanmar - referring to the deadly violence against Rohingya Muslims that led to their exodus from the country.

He told NDTV that he wasn't afraid of the police and stood by his statement.

Hes not afraid of police because he has political connections which make him near untouchable unless there's sufficient public outcry to force police tsars to action. Unlikely.

He is, however, a fucking coward, inciting young men to commit acts of ideological violence in the name of religion while he resides in comfort profiting from their ire.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Re: Fundies are Fundies

#2  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 24, 2021 4:51 pm

What's the story with the feet touching? Who touched whose feet? Why? Is it a bad thing?
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Its an obeisance, a sign of deferential respect, typically for elders, religious figures, and teachers - you see a lot of that kind of thing in this part of the world.

The point, in the context here, is that the ruling BJP party have enacted policies which have seen a massive increase in violence against Muslims, and here we have a guy who's literally calling for Hindus to harm or kill Muslims, and he has the deep respect of the ruling party.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Maybe better to link to some articles from within India - it's gratifying to note that the press seems unified in condemning this shit.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... s-7686714/

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/after-o ... ed-2668429

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/d ... 09975.html

As the details have leaked, there's blatant calls to murder Muslims, to fight a war against Muslims, to ethnically cleanse Muslims in the same manner as in Myanmar.

And they all think they're above the law.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Its an obeisance, a sign of deferential respect, typically for elders, religious figures, and teachers - you see a lot of that kind of thing in this part of the world.

The point, in the context here, is that the ruling BJP party have enacted policies which have seen a massive increase in violence against Muslims, and here we have a guy who's literally calling for Hindus to harm or kill Muslims, and he has the deep respect of the ruling party.

Thanks.

A bad thing, I think we will see.
I AM Skepdickus!

The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 24, 2021 5:23 pm

This 3 day conclave of hate fits perfectly with BJP's strategy to win elections, and so these scumbags will never face any repercussions: Former BJP Leader Yashwant Sinha lays it bare in this scathing article

https://www.ndtv.com/opinion/haridwars- ... ha-2669130

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Everybody wants freedom of religion. Their religion.
I AM Skepdickus!

The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2022 4:45 pm

Just to reinforce that 'we' ain't the only country with deep historical problems generating institutional prejudice today...

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... w-7825025/

Yashpal Suvarna: Cow vigilante to college admin, BJP leader hopes for another leg-up with hijab row

Within the BJP ecosystem in Karnataka’s coastal districts, Yashpal Anand Suvarna is a rising star – as a cow vigilante, an ABVP leader, a Bajrang Dal activist, the general secretary of the BJP National OBC Morcha and, by all accounts, a future MLA.

To run through the terms for the unfamiliar:

BJP = Bharatiya Janata Party - the party governing India

Cow vigilante - Hindu ethnic nationalists who accuse Muslims of eating cows, often using it as justification to physically attack, murder, and burn down their businesses.

ABVP = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhil_Bha ... i_Parishad

Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) (transl. All Indian Student Council) is a right-wing all India student organisation affiliated to the Hindu nationalist Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).[2][3][4] It is one of the India's largest student organisations with more than three million members.[5]

ABVP has been accused to multiple violent incidents, including stone pelting,[26][27] arson,[28][29] vandalism[30] and physical assault,[31] on college[32][33] and school campuses[34] and elsewhere,[35][36][37][38] even leading to the victims' deaths in some cases.[39][40] Most notably, on 5 January 2020, according to the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students' Union, masked ABVP members attacked JNU students, smashing cars and pelted stones, while ABVP accused left wing organisations. ABVP later confessed the same on national media[41][42] and in a sting operation,[43] and the veracity of ABVP's involvement was also found out through investigative journalism which was later confirmed by Delhi Police.[44][45][46] A total of 28 people were injured, including students and teachers.[35][36]

Bajrang Dal activist = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajrang_Dal

The Bajrang Dal (transl. Brigade of Hanuman)[2] is a Hindu nationalist militant[1] organisation that forms the youth wing of the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP). It is a member of the right-wing Sangh Parivar.[22] The ideology of the organisation is based on Hindutva.[23][24] It was founded on 1 October 1984 in Uttar Pradesh, and began spreading more in the 2010s throughout India,[25] although its most significant base remains the northern and central portions of the country.

The Bajrang Dal opposes Muslim demographic growth,[26] Christian conversion,[27] and cow slaughter.[28]

On 24 January 2009, members of Sri Ram Sene, a Bajrang Dal affiliate, attacked young men and women after dragged them out of a pub in Mangalore.[55][56][57][58] A group of 40 activists of the Sena barged into the pub "Amnesia — The Lounge" and beat up a group of young women and men, claiming the women were violating traditional Indian values. Two of the women were hospitalized. The video of the incident has become one of the most watched clips on YouTube, though how the TV crew happened to be ready at the 'unannounced' attack is not known.[59]

Starting 14 February 2011, there was a fresh wave of violence directed at people celebrating Valentine's Day in Kanpur city, in the province of Uttar Pradesh. "Offenders", so called, are forced to hold their ears and do sit-ups as punishment for being caught celebrating the "Western holiday". Police were called in to calm the sectarian violence and discrimination.[60]

On 2 November 2014, during the Kiss of Love protest against moral policing, members of Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and many other right wing groups opposed and attacked protestors and threatened to strip protestors for kissing on the streets. These opposing groups claimed that public display of affection is against both Indian culture and the law of the land (under section 294 of the Indian Penal Code), though according to the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court, kissing in public is not a criminal offence.[61][62] Police took many of the Kiss of Love protestors into custody to save their lives, but were blamed for giving a free hand to counter protestors of the right wing groups.[63]

From 2015, Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad have been accused of promoting and indulging in Cow vigilantism, apparently targeting Muslims and lower caste Hindus, mostly Dalits. Human rights groups have slammed several state Governments for promoting and supporting such acts, even turning a blind eye. Police officers have been threatened by members of cow protection groups for intervening in such cases or arresting cow vigilantes.[64] Following the Una Flogging incident in Gujarat, where 4 dalits were brutally thrashed by Bajrang Dal goons and vigilantes when they were skinning dead cow carcasses, the victims have converted to Buddhism, which irked some perpetrators.[65][66]

Bajrang Dal has been accused of supporting rapists in the Hathras rape and murder, when ex BJP MLA Rajveer Singh Pehelwan held a protest rally to support the accused as they belonged to the upper caste Thakur community, after they were arrested. Along with members of Bajrang Dal, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and Karni Sena also attended the protest.

Following the introduction of Prohibition of Unlawful Religious Conversion Ordinance, 2020 in Uttar Pradesh to curb Love Jihad, Bajrang Dal, acting as a parallel police force, has been condemned for stopping consensual inter-religious and inter-caste marriages.[67][68] Bajrang Dal has also been slammed for supporting patriarchy and called for restricting freedom of women, particularly to the point of when they choose their partners out of caste and religion.[69]

MLA = member of the legislative assembly, meaning, a person who writes laws.

So this chap is a member of all the biggest violent far right groups of ethnic nationalist persuasion, which use physical violence to intimidate people to conform to their anti-miscegenation/anti-mixing of different religions, and also general secretary of a government commission, and tapped to become a future legislator.

The 44-year-old is also the vice-president of the Development Committee of the Udupi Government PU Girls’ College which is at the heart of the hijab row, who on Wednesday called the six students who moved court over the matter “terrorists”. Suvarna says he stands by his statement as those who do not follow the law of the land are “anti-nationals”.

School girls, who wanted to wear their hijabs to school because that's how they were raised, but were banned from entering classes unless they agreed to remove them eventually took their case of discrimination to court, and this 'gentleman' is now accusing them of terrorism. For going to court.

When next you're feeling down about how things are going in your own country, remember humans are arseholes everywhere, and then feel even worse.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 15, 2022 5:10 pm

This is very much a 'watch this space' as attacks on Muslims appear to be increasing, and they are increasingly being ignored or even supported by Hindu hardliners in the BJP. Frightening shit going down this week with Muslims having their homes bulldozed by authorities for apparently no reason at all.

ETA:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... -property/

Aakar Patel, AI India wrote:Over the last few days, the country has witnessed some deeply disturbing events related to anti-Muslim attacks and hate speech. On top of it, the authorities’ unlawful action of demolishing private property of people suspected of rioting, allegedly without notice or other due process requirements is a major blow to the rule of law. The majority of the demolished properties are owned by Muslims. Such punitive demolition of family homes of suspects could also amount to collective punishment, in violation of International Human Rights Law.

The authorities must urgently carry out a thorough, impartial and transparent investigation into the demolitions and ensure that those responsible for fanning violence and vandalism are brought to justice through fair trials. Victims must be provided with effective remedy. It is the duty of the state to protect all people within its jurisdiction, including minority communities.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#10  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 13, 2022 2:55 am

And again...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-61777306

Security forces in India have demolished the homes of several Muslim figures allegedly linked to riots triggered by derogatory remarks about the Prophet Muhammad.

Violent protests are bad - but not as bad as a state arbitrarily demolishing your house as punishment for allegedly being involved.

It certainly wouldn't happen to Hindus.

The BJP are showing that autocratic fascism isn't only driven by ethnicity.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 15, 2022 7:35 pm

This is becoming ever more twisted. More and more Muslim Indians are having their homes destroyed, not even allowed to take their belongings. This isn't even being done on court orders - it's just happening. Authorities are engaging in extra-judicial punishment of SUSPECTED criminals, and destroying their homes in which entire families reside enacting a collective punishment. It's fucking disgusting - shame on you India.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#12  Postby mindhack » Jun 16, 2022 9:45 am

I don’t know much about India, but to my European ears this sounds frightingly genocidal. :shock:
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 16, 2022 9:56 am

In essence, it goes something like this.

Narendra Modi, India's current PM, has a long history of 'Hindutva' - a form of extremist Hindu Nationalism. It presents like other forms of authoritarian quasi-fascism but using religion instead of ethnicity.

Back in 2002, Modi was Chief Minister of Gujurat - a state in the North-West of India, and thus home to a lot of Muslims, Sikhs, and of course, Hindus. A horrible fire occurred on a train resulting in the deaths of lots of people.... people to everyone else, but to Modi, what's important is that they were predominantly Hindus (hardly surprising given the general population distribution), and thus a tale was woven that it was a terrorist attack against Hindus. With Modi declaring it such, a vicious assault began - many academics consider it a pogrom - wherein well over a thousand people died, mostly Muslims, with days of widespread violence, rape, and the destruction of property.

This is the man who's prime minister of India, and since his BJP party won the election, it has consistently antagonized Muslim Indians and promulgated a narrative of Muslims doing evil things to good, true Indians (Hindus).

When recent remarks by BJP members of parliament provoked protests, with those protests being heavily and heavy-handedly policed, some protestors turned violent, clashed with the police and threw stones.

In response, BJP governors used this as an excuse to declare that a person had taken part in the 'riot' and their punishment would be to have the home they reside in just knocked down by bulldozers - no court order, no legal justification, not even a logical one. It's no different than if a member of your family committed (allegedly) a crime, and the police turned up and bulldozed the family home in response, not even allowing you to gather your belongings first.

It is despicable beyond words. I spent many years in India and it was a remarkably tolerant and diverse place... until Narendra fucking Modi comes along. So next time you see him hugging foreign leaders, remember what an evil cunt he is.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby mindhack » Jun 16, 2022 10:53 am

Jesus, evil mofo. I wonder if he got his ideas to destroy homes from the Israelis in Gaza, or is it just par for the course with fascistic governance.

Not that it matters much, but do you think Modi genuinely believes his extremist hindu bs, or is he more like Erdogan in that regard, as in, pandering to a crowd?
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 16, 2022 11:26 am

mindhack wrote:Jesus, evil mofo. I wonder if he got his ideas to destroy homes from the Israelis in Gaza, or is it just par for the course with fascistic governance.

There's speculation in India that this is exactly what's happening, not least due to the close relationship the BJP has pursued with Israel in recent years, but also the similarity is striking. Minority refusing to remain subservient - terrorize them.

mindhack wrote:Not that it matters much, but do you think Modi genuinely believes his extremist hindu bs, or is he more like Erdogan in that regard, as in, pandering to a crowd?

From my experience in India, very few people are non-religious. Hinduism is a very strange religion for a person from a place with long monotheistic traditions to get a handle on, but the belief is very deep, practically fanatical, throughout the population.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems