Indian Rationalist Refuses to Die - Guru Upset

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Indian Rationalist Refuses to Die - Guru Upset

#1  Postby Alan B » Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

When a famous tantric guru boasted on television that he could kill another man using only his mystical powers, most viewers either gasped in awe or merely nodded unquestioningly. Sanal Edamaruku’s response was different. “Go on then — kill me,” he said.

Indian Rationalist Still Alive!
First, the master chanted mantras, then he sprinkled water on his intended victim. He brandished a knife, ruffled the sceptic’s hair and pressed his temples. But after several hours of similar antics, Mr Edamaruku was still very much alive — smiling for the cameras and taunting the furious holy man.

“He was over, finished, completely destroyed!” Mr Edamaruku chuckles triumphantly as he concludes the tale in the Rationalist Centre, his second-floor office in the town of Noida, just outside Delhi.

Edit: Although this story from the Timesonline is dated 19 March 2010, the actual event took place on 3 March 2008.
See here. This link shows a clip with the participants wearing the same clothes as the TimesOnline clip (which has the time stamp deleted).
Last edited by Alan B on Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Indian Rationalist Refuses to Die - Guru Upset

#2  Postby cursuswalker » Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

LOL Guru :D
Image http://www.caerabred.org/

Space Corps Directive 723. 'Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.'
cursuswalker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems