Man Murdered for allegedly killing a cow

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Man Murdered for allegedly killing a cow

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 01, 2015 9:40 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34409354

A 50-year-old man in northern India was killed in a mob lynching on Monday night allegedly over rumours that his family had been storing and consuming beef at home.

This is what religion does - doesn't matter what the religion is, people lose their grasp on reality, and value absurdities.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Man Murdered for allegedly killing a cow

#2  Postby NineBerry » Oct 01, 2015 9:57 am

Vegans...
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 15, 2015 3:59 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34473354

Politicians from India's ruling Hindu nationalist BJP party have beaten a Muslim member of the Kashmir state assembly, after he served beef at a private party in a hostel for state lawmakers.

Religion - making people act like dicks for millennia.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 16, 2015 2:01 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34546960

What a dong!

A senior leader of India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has said that Muslims living in the country should give up consuming beef.

I guess they should just eat pork instead? /facepalm

Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana state, said the cow "is an article of faith" in India.

Nob-end - it's an article of faith for HINDUS, but India is not just comprised of Hindus.

Mr Khattar said Hindu sentiments were hurt when others consumed beef

Then maybe you should be telling them to grow the fuck up?

"Muslims can continue to live in this country, but they will have to give up eating beef. The cow is an article of faith here,"

I'd suggest India kicks you out instead. Or perhaps people could tell you that you can continue to live in India, but you have to stop spouting prejudiced bollocks.

The chief minister said "freedom of one person is only to the extent that it is not hurting another person".

"Eating beef hurts the sentiments of another community, even constitutionally you cannot do this. The constitution says you cannot do something that offends me, I cannot do something that offends you,"

First of all, as the Chief fucking Minister, you should be aware that the constitution does not say that at all. Secondly, assuming the constitution DID say that, then you've just shown that you've broken the constitution by offending non-Hindus, and everyone who possesses a functioning brain.

Muppets with their muppet religions! :S

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby skepticofskepticism » Jun 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Sigh.

How easy do you guys make it for others to convince you all of you all kinds of retarded and factually untrue things. And this is supposed to be a "rational" forums.

The media misreported the whole thing - I should know, because it is right next to where my grandparents live. The guy who was unfortunately killed was not killed because of religious strife, but because of a long running feud with another family in the same town. His killers created the aura that as if he was lynched for eating beef, hoping that it would trigger some kind of religious strife. The religious people (who according to you all are people driven to barbarism and unchecked violence) DID NOT bite the bait, and the government was able to conduct its investigation and the murderers taken into custody.

Please if you don't understand the local nuances of something, either take the time to understand them, and don't fit a particular event as per your own prejudices.
skepticofskepticism

Name: Sid

India (in)
Print view this post

#6  Postby NineBerry » Jun 24, 2016 11:32 am

What a relief. It wasn't backwards barbaric religious traditions. Just backwards barbaric cultural traditions (family feuds)
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby crank » Jun 24, 2016 12:17 pm

skepticofskepticism wrote:Sigh.

How easy do you guys make it for others to convince you all of you all kinds of retarded and factually untrue things. And this is supposed to be a "rational" forums.

The media misreported the whole thing - I should know, because it is right next to where my grandparents live. The guy who was unfortunately killed was not killed because of religious strife, but because of a long running feud with another family in the same town. His killers created the aura that as if he was lynched for eating beef, hoping that it would trigger some kind of religious strife. The religious people (who according to you all are people driven to barbarism and unchecked violence) DID NOT bite the bait, and the government was able to conduct its investigation and the murderers taken into custody.

Please if you don't understand the local nuances of something, either take the time to understand them, and don't fit a particular event as per your own prejudices.

Your post would be relevant except for the fact that such killings happen rather too often, though not of a bovine nature. Is such a killing any less believable than killing over a cartoon, or a blog? It's a bit like how in the US, the RightWingnuts have gone so far over the top that truthful reporting is difficult to distinguish from parody.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Hindu Mob Lynch a Muslim Over Beef Cow

#8  Postby Dark energy » Apr 05, 2017 8:32 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/cow-vigilante ... a-10826081

So sad,R.I.P,a distant uncle of mine used to work in a cow slaughter house.i will share with him the news.
And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hindu Mob Lynch a Muslim Over Beef Cow

#9  Postby Manticore » Apr 06, 2017 5:12 am

I think Sky belongs to Rupert Murdoch, so, unless it is confirmed by other sources, it's probably wise to assume that it is untrue.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems