The god Thor

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: The god Thor

#41  Postby Ciarin » Mar 27, 2010 12:59 am

cursuswalker wrote:

It's a VETY useful trick when christians ask you how you "can" bre an atheist. Especially when you add the cmapaign by Thorosts to get lightning conductors removed from buildings, as they impeded his divine will. Totally fictional by the way.

yes, it's quite useful here in the other religion forum rather than the christian forum. also what's a Thorost?
Ciarin

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby jparada » Mar 27, 2010 1:33 am

Ciarin wrote:
You're not sorry. And I'm pagan,. from my point of view christians are monotheist. My pagan belief system does NOT hold the existence of every god claimed as true.

FYI, there are atheist pagans and monotheist pagans. Paganism != polytheism

I'm talking about paganism as practiced on Antiquity. They as a rule recognized the deities of their neighbors as true, even if they didn't worship them. BTW, i would like to know how do you decide whether a deity is real or not.
jparada

Colombia (co)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Ciarin » Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am

jparada wrote:
Ciarin wrote:
You're not sorry. And I'm pagan,. from my point of view christians are monotheist. My pagan belief system does NOT hold the existence of every god claimed as true.

FYI, there are atheist pagans and monotheist pagans. Paganism != polytheism

I'm talking about paganism as practiced on Antiquity.

Cite me your references that indicates every pagan in the ancient world considered monotheists to be atheists.

They as a rule recognized the deities of their neighbors as true, even if they didn't worship them. BTW, i would like to know how do you decide whether a deity is real or not.

"they as a rule"? show me evidence that all pagans shared this rule.

The gods in my pantheon are real, other ones I don't care about.
Ciarin

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby NineOneFour » Mar 27, 2010 2:23 am

Moonwatcher wrote:
cursuswalker wrote:Do any Christians here believe in the existence of the god Thor?

I'm an atheist and I don't believe in Thor (redundant statement) but he's my favorite mythical god. His way of dealing with things is very- blunt. Nor does he have a later segment of the holy book where he suddenly becomes the opposite of what he started out being.

Agree. Thor kicks ass. And he has his own Marvel comic. How many gods can say that??? Pussies.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#45  Postby NineOneFour » Mar 27, 2010 2:26 am

Melhael wrote:Favourite deity: Apollo. The guy's hot, slept with anything that moved and was the god of most cool things, like poetry, medicine, etc. :)

Wat?

Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems