The good bits of Scientology from atheists' perspectives

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: The good bits of Scientology from atheists' perspectives

#41  Postby surreptitious57 » Mar 05, 2018 10:09 pm

I would want to know more about them from a knowledge perspective so that I am better informed
I have only seen documentaries about them and all of them have unfortunately been very negative

The idea of keeping files on everyone is sadly not unique to them but is symptomatic of the
need for absolute control within any organisation or state that is fundamentally totalitarian

I did not know about the abortions but cannot say that I am actually surprised
Their view on mental illness is laughable but is also very stupid and dangerous
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby John Platko » Mar 06, 2018 2:55 am

surreptitious57 wrote:I would want to know more about them from a knowledge perspective so that I am better informed
I have only seen documentaries about them and all of them have unfortunately been very negative

This is a really good documentary exploring the basics of scientology practice without the dysfunctional organization being involved. Some scientologists have split from the mother church and started their own church. :scratch: I think I've heard a similar story somewhere.

This is entertaining.

The idea of keeping files on everyone is sadly not unique to them but is symptomatic of the
need for absolute control within any organisation or state that is fundamentally totalitarian

I did not know about the abortions but cannot say that I am actually surprised
Their view on mental illness is laughable but is also very stupid and dangerous
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#43  Postby John Platko » Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Another good bit of Scientology is you get to test its results before you die.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 06, 2018 4:17 pm

John Platko wrote:Another good bit of Scientology is you get to test its results before you die.

I'm not sure you're trying to sell anything here, but in case you are, what are you trying to sell?

Here's what I have to say about your relentless ambition to check everything out: Life is short, before you die.

I don't have any problem with your checking everything out. But if you're selling, what are you trying to sell?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#45  Postby John Platko » Mar 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
John Platko wrote:Another good bit of Scientology is you get to test its results before you die.

I'm not sure you're trying to sell anything here, but in case you are, what are you trying to sell?

Here's what I have to say about your relentless ambition to check everything out: Life is short, before you die.

I don't have any problem with your checking everything out. But if you're selling, what are you trying to sell?

I can't sell this stuff, Cito, :nono: ; Scientology has the copyright to it all and they are more litigious than religious. :nod:

Note: there was a time when you could get bootleg copies of all their big $$$$$ technology free online but they seemed to have mopped up that leak.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems