The real history of Thor

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: The real history of Thor

#261  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 8:54 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

As usual, your citation fails to support your argument. No mention of Danish culture in there because, as is no surprise to everyone with a clue, there was no Denmark or Danish culture in 1800 BC.


But my argument is not that it was Danish culture, it is that Nordic culture was evident in the land that is now referred to as Denmark,...


As I have already shown and you acknowledged: the land is now called "Germany".


Denmark is now called Germany, really?

No, the country Schleswijk-Holstein is in. :roll:

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:You have repeatedly tried to claim that the Angles were Scandinavian.


What were the Angles then?

Already been explained to you many times: Germanic.


Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:There was no Denmark 3,800 years ago and you have showed no such evidence at all. Regardless, 'Nordic culture' doesn't mean Scandinavian, doesn't mean Danish, doesn't mean anything relevant to a gulf of 2000 years.


What does Nordic culture mean then?

Read the wiki page. :roll:

Nevets wrote:
Nevets wrote: meaning, that if the Scandinavians conquered Denmark, which is geographically in Europe mainland, they did so in 1800BC.


Spearthrower wrote:That is so far removed from reason, there's nothing else to say but 'wrong'.


So, who were the peoples that inhabited Denmark 1800BC?

Scandinavians is an anachronistic name for that period. :coffee:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31080
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The real history of Thor

#262  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 8:56 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:]You're so confused as usual. Greeks colonized Pontus around 800 BC.


Your claim is easily debunked. Quite simply. Pontus is of Persian origin.
The Kingdom of Pontus or Pontic Empire (Ancient Greek: Βασιλεία του Πόντου, Basileía tou Póntou) was a Hellenistic-era kingdom, centered in the historical region of Pontus and ruled by the Mithridatic dynasty of Persian originhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language


And Persian is indo-european :grin:

Except ST wasn't talking about the kingdom but the region of Pontus, which was colonised by Greeks before the Persians ever got there.
So rather than debunking anything, you've once again succeeded only in demonstrating your ignorance and failure of reading comprehension.

Nevets wrote:
See, you're I am an amatuer fantast.

FIFY. Stop projecting Nevets. :coffee:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31080
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#263  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 8:57 am

Spearthrower wrote:Ok, so what method do you use for processing different time periods? How did you assert that todays Germanics were living in Denmark before 6th Century?

Cite me saying it you fucking lying asshat.


Well who lived in Denmark before 6th BC? Latins? Indians? Chinese? Slavs?
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#264  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:04 am

How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#265  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:07 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:]You're so confused as usual. Greeks colonized Pontus around 800 BC.


Your claim is easily debunked. Quite simply. Pontus is of Persian origin.
The Kingdom of Pontus or Pontic Empire (Ancient Greek: Βασιλεία του Πόντου, Basileía tou Póntou) was a Hellenistic-era kingdom, centered in the historical region of Pontus and ruled by the Mithridatic dynasty of Persian originhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language


And Persian is indo-european :grin:

Except ST wasn't talking about the kingdom but the region of Pontus, which was colonised by Greeks before the Persians ever got there.
So rather than debunking anything, you've once again succeeded only in demonstrating your ignorance and failure of reading comprehension.

Nevets wrote:
See, you're I am an amatuer fantast.

FIFY. Stop projecting Nevets. :coffee:


But he is lying.
He provided no source that the Greeks had anything to do with Pontus 800BC.
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#266  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:08 am

Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31080
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#267  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:10 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:


Pontus 800BC fantasist
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The real history of Thor

#268  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:11 am

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:]You're so confused as usual. Greeks colonized Pontus around 800 BC.


Your claim is easily debunked. Quite simply. Pontus is of Persian origin.
The Kingdom of Pontus or Pontic Empire (Ancient Greek: Βασιλεία του Πόντου, Basileía tou Póntou) was a Hellenistic-era kingdom, centered in the historical region of Pontus and ruled by the Mithridatic dynasty of Persian originhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language


And Persian is indo-european :grin:

Except ST wasn't talking about the kingdom but the region of Pontus, which was colonised by Greeks before the Persians ever got there.
So rather than debunking anything, you've once again succeeded only in demonstrating your ignorance and failure of reading comprehension.

Nevets wrote:
See, you're I am an amatuer fantast.

FIFY. Stop projecting Nevets. :coffee:


But he is I am lying.

FIFY. Stop projecting Nevets. :naughty:

Nevets wrote:He provided no source that the Greeks had anything to do with Pontus 800BC.

Which isn't lying. :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31080
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#269  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:11 am

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:


Pontus 800BC fantasist

Silly ad-hom noted. :naughty:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31080
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#270  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 9:21 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:
No, i have not failed to address anything. Your response, is the "exact" same response as the others earlier in the thread.


Spearthrower wrote:Hermit's response is the same because he's drawing from the same reality as the rest of us.

It's you who appears to believe that their rabid confusion and make-believe dictates facts.


What reality is this?


Nevets wrote:Go to history of Denmark.

Denmark has been populated by Nordic peoples since at least 1800BC, according to Nordic Bronze age findings


Spearthrower wrote:We're talking about the Angles, you start referring to Denmark - ergo, before you even start, you're already confused and wrong.


Spearthrower wrote:Can you explain how Anglia, that is current day Denmark, is not connected to Angles? And is this belief supported by any reliable source?


Spearthrower wrote:The Kingdom of Denmark is an anachronism with respect to the Angles. During the time of the Angles, there was no Denmark.


I see, so because there was no Denmark, one concludes from this that Anglia is not connected to Angles? Or am i reading this wrong?

Spearthrower wrote:So what could it mean to talk about Denmark with respect to the Angles? Well, we could be talking about the geographical area of Denmark, and if we did that, we'd presumably be using the modern day geographical area of Denmark. The place the Angles inhabited prior to the existence of Denmark is largely south of modern day Denmark - the northern part of it is in present-day Denmark, but the majority of it is in Northern Germany.


Really. The majority of Anglia was in Northern Germany? Ok, but is this claim supported by anything whatsoever?

Spearthrower wrote:Trying to find some time when that piece of land was in the contemporary Denmark is an exercise in anachronism because it just doesn't matter. It will not establish that the Angles were Danish, Scandinavian, or Norse. The Angles were Germanic - end of story. Germanic peoples were not Danish, Scandinavian or Norse. End of story.


So the anachronism confirms that Angles were German?


Nevets wrote:
Now there is no reason to associate Denmark with Nordic, because Denmark is actually part of european mainland, and not geographically consistent with Nordic territory, so Nordic Bronze age is not the samething as Bronze age.


Wut?


Nevets wrote:And i would not usually explain what Nordic peoples are, as usually it would not need to be explained, but i suspect the next argument will be, what does Nordics have to do with Norse people, so i will tell you.


Spearthrower wrote:We all know what you mean: you don't know anything relevant at all, but you're going to pretend it's other people who don't understand rather than you, and you're going to go cite some section from Wikipedia to pretend you know what you're talking about, only it's going to be irrelevant and thus show you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, we've seen that a couple of hundred times already.


Well i am "trying" to understand.
But having difficulty.


Nevets wrote:Nordic countries.
The Nordic countries, or the Nordics,[2] are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, where they are most commonly known as Norden (literally "the North").[3] The term includes Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden as well as Greenland and the Faroe Islands—which are both part of the Kingdom of Denmark—and the Åland Islands (Finland) as well as Jan Mayen and Svalbard archipelagos that belong to Norway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries


Spearthrower wrote:Thank you. You just claimed you'd explain what 'Nordic people' are, and you've instead cited an excerpt called 'Nordic countries'. :clap:


What people inhabit Nordic countries? Would that be Chinese? Germanics maybe?


Nevets wrote:But does it matter?


Spearthrower wrote:No, of course it doesn't as we've consistently told you. It's a shell game you're playing. Your ridiculous diversion arose because you claimed that the Angles were Scandinavian, Danish, Norse etc. when they absolutely weren't and your claims were false, anachronistic, and contradicted by your own sources.


No, of course, Angles are not Scandinavian.
What are they?


Nevets wrote: Is it not enough that the Ahrensburg culture that arrived around 15000bc, spread out over europe? I think the Norse people have had great influence on European mainland.


Spearthrower wrote: Ahrensburg culture is not 'Norse', so it's irrelevant and crazily anachronistic.


What was Ahrensburg culture?

Spearthrower wrote:They also didn't "spread out across Europe" - they were nomadic hunter-gatherers centred in the region of Northern Germany.


Do you have reason to believe that they remained in North Germany and did not spread out anywhere else? What source of information are you using? What draws you to this conclusion?

Spearthrower wrote:They had no lasting impact whatsoever on the European mainland. Waves and waves of incoming people obliterated them, their material culture, and their way of life.


But is this your imagination, or are you drawing your assertions on something solid? Do you have anything could support thos claim, that they were obliterated by everyone else?


Ahrensburg cultureAnd they still have a stronghold, even today, in Denmark, even though Denmark is not in the subcontinent of Scandinavia. Geographically it is european mainland. But politically it is Scandinavai


No, they do not have a 'stronghold' anywhere - this is insane. And you've ended with some counter-factual bollocks that you think is clever enough to prove you right even though it's an admission that you're completely wrong.


So what people Govern Denmark?[/quote]


^^^ broken tags left as is^^^

Image
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#271  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 9:26 am

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:


Pontus 800BC fantasist



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonies_ ... k_colonies

The Mycenaeans Greeks by the 15th century BC had reached Rhodes, Crete, Cyprus, where Teucer is said to have founded the first colony, and the shores of Asia Minor.[17][18] Moreover, Greeks were settled in Ionia and Pontus. Miletus in Ionia was an ancient Greek city on the western coast of Anatolia, near the mouth of the Maeander River. The Late Bronze Age, 13th century BC, Milesian saw the arrival in the area of Luwian language speakers from south central Anatolia calling themselves the Carians. Later in that century, other Greeks arrived. The city at that time rebelled against the Hittites Empire. After the fall of that empire, the city was destroyed in the 12th century BC and starting about 1000 BC was resettled extensively by the Ionian Greeks. Before the invasion from Persia in the middle of the 6th century BC, Miletus was considered the greatest and wealthiest of Greek Polis.[19][20] Over several centuries, numerous Ancient Greek city-states were established on the coasts of Anatolia. Greeks started Western philosophy on the western coast of Anatolia (Pre-Socratic philosophy).[21] Thales, Anaximander, Anaximenes, Diogenes of Apollonia were among of the renowned Milesian school philosophers. Heraclitus lived in Ephesus (/ˈɛfəsəs/;[1] Greek: Ἔφεσος Ephesos; Turkish: Efes) another ancient Greek city[22][23] and Anaxagoras was from Clazomenae, a city on the coast of Ionia and a member of the Ionian League. All Ancient Greek dialects were spoken in Anatolia depending on the origin of the City states and the list of ancient Greek theatres in Anatolia is one of the longest among all places Greeks had settled. In Pontus, Greeks traditionally lived in the region of Pontus, on the shores of today's Turkey's Black Sea and in the Pontic Alps, in northeastern Anatolia and the former Armenian province of Kars in Caucasus, and also in Georgia. Those from southern Russia, the Ukraine, and Crimea are often referred to as 'Northern Pontic Greeks', in contrast to those from 'South Pontus', which strictly speaking is Pontus proper. Those from Georgia, northeastern Anatolia, and the ones who lived in present-day Armenia are often referred to as 'Eastern Pontic Greeks' or Caucasus Greeks. The Greeks have founded well known cities to this day. The cities of Sinope (Greek: Σινώπη, Sinōpē) and Trabzon (Greek: Τραπεζοῦς Trapezous), were founded by Milesian traders (756 BC) as well as Samsun, Rize and Amasya. Greek was the lingua franca of Anatolia from the conquests of Alexander the Great up to the invasion of the Seljuk Turks in the eleventh century AD.



More facts you don't know so you wave it away.

Now you'll pretend you knew it all along and that it confirms your antithetical prior claims.

Obvious troll is obvious.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#272  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 9:27 am

Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?



Image
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#273  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 9:27 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Ok, so what method do you use for processing different time periods? How did you assert that todays Germanics were living in Denmark before 6th Century?

Cite me saying it you fucking lying asshat.


Well who lived in Denmark before 6th BC? Latins? Indians? Chinese? Slavs?



Image
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#274  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 9:28 am

Nevets wrote:
But he is lying.


Translation: I am wholly ignorant of this - now he's cited my favourite and only source Wikipedia, I'll pretend I knew it all along, then spin it into fatuous non-sequiturs.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#275  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:32 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:


Pontus 800BC fantasist



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonies_ ... k_colonies

The Mycenaeans Greeks by the 15th century BC had reached Rhodes, Crete, Cyprus, where Teucer is said to have founded the first colony, and the shores of Asia Minor.[17][18] Moreover, Greeks were settled in Ionia and Pontus. Miletus in Ionia was an ancient Greek city on the western coast of Anatolia, near the mouth of the Maeander River. The Late Bronze Age, 13th century BC, Milesian saw the arrival in the area of Luwian language speakers from south central Anatolia calling themselves the Carians. Later in that century, other Greeks arrived. The city at that time rebelled against the Hittites Empire. After the fall of that empire, the city was destroyed in the 12th century BC and starting about 1000 BC was resettled extensively by the Ionian Greeks. Before the invasion from Persia in the middle of the 6th century BC, Miletus was considered the greatest and wealthiest of Greek Polis.[19][20] Over several centuries, numerous Ancient Greek city-states were established on the coasts of Anatolia. Greeks started Western philosophy on the western coast of Anatolia (Pre-Socratic philosophy).[21] Thales, Anaximander, Anaximenes, Diogenes of Apollonia were among of the renowned Milesian school philosophers. Heraclitus lived in Ephesus (/ˈɛfəsəs/;[1] Greek: Ἔφεσος Ephesos; Turkish: Efes) another ancient Greek city[22][23] and Anaxagoras was from Clazomenae, a city on the coast of Ionia and a member of the Ionian League. All Ancient Greek dialects were spoken in Anatolia depending on the origin of the City states and the list of ancient Greek theatres in Anatolia is one of the longest among all places Greeks had settled. In Pontus, Greeks traditionally lived in the region of Pontus, on the shores of today's Turkey's Black Sea and in the Pontic Alps, in northeastern Anatolia and the former Armenian province of Kars in Caucasus, and also in Georgia. Those from southern Russia, the Ukraine, and Crimea are often referred to as 'Northern Pontic Greeks', in contrast to those from 'South Pontus', which strictly speaking is Pontus proper. Those from Georgia, northeastern Anatolia, and the ones who lived in present-day Armenia are often referred to as 'Eastern Pontic Greeks' or Caucasus Greeks. The Greeks have founded well known cities to this day. The cities of Sinope (Greek: Σινώπη, Sinōpē) and Trabzon (Greek: Τραπεζοῦς Trapezous), were founded by Milesian traders (756 BC) as well as Samsun, Rize and Amasya. Greek was the lingua franca of Anatolia from the conquests of Alexander the Great up to the invasion of the Seljuk Turks in the eleventh century AD.



More facts you don't know so you wave it away.

Now you'll pretend you knew it all along and that it confirms your antithetical prior claims.

Obvious troll is obvious.


Fine. But i had already said Greek goes back 1500 years.
You have just proven it. Well done.
Now find a source that states Greek was spoken before this time.

Why tell me about Pontus 800BC? How does this show that Greek was around 1500BC and before?
Are you silly?
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The real history of Thor

#276  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 10:02 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?



Image


Shove this up your psuedo intellectual cake-hole and eat it

"Graeco-Aryan, or Graeco-Armeno-Aryan, is a hypothetical clade within the Indo-European family that would be the ancestor of Greek, Armenian, and the Indo-Iranian languages.

The Graeco-Armeno-Aryan group supposedly branched off from the parent Indo-European stem by the mid-3rd millennium BC."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeco-Aryan
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#277  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 11:01 am

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:What’s appauling? What’s raindeer?


Unlatinised Urban

Do you insist on a one world Hermes dialect?

It is 2020.

There are children can now txt talk more knowledge in one minute that old school grammatical proper academics possibly could in their lives


Well, that’s clearly nonsense, isn’t it. Just think about what you’re saying for a second. You’re saying that someone can text more knowledge in a minute than some academics could in their entire lives. That’s a physical impossibility. Stop being silly.

In any case, what some unknown children can do has no connection with your frequently exposed ignorance. Sorry, ignorence.
There is no hope for you at all.























Oh, and you mean ‘than’, not ‘that’.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#278  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 11:15 am

The clueless trolling continues:

Nevets wrote:
Fine. But i had already said Greek goes back 1500 years.


Empty of meaning.


Nevets wrote:You have just proven it. Well done.


I didn't "prove" anything.


Nevets wrote:Now find a source that states Greek was spoken before this time.


Why would I need to do that?


Nevets wrote:Why tell me about Pontus 800BC? How does this show that Greek was around 1500BC and before?
Are you silly?


More trolling and misrepresentation.

Spearthrower wrote:According to your 'logic' - Scandinavians aren't Scandinavian, they're Pontic..


Nevets wrote:How can the Indo-European language that arived in Norway 3000BC be Pontic?


Spearthrower wrote:Because that's the most likely geographical place of the original PIE speaking people who spread into Europe.


Nevets wrote:Sorry to dissapoint you, but Pontic Greek also derives from Indo-european.


Spearthrower wrote:You're so confused as usual. Greeks colonized Pontus around 800 BC.

The original PIE speakers spread into Europe over 3000 years prior to that.



Obviously, the conversation was you denying that PIE spread into Europe both to Greece and Scandinavia - you then garbled something out about Pontic Greeks, so I pointed out to you that the Pontic Greeks were just Greek colonists who settled the region in 800 B.C. - so treating them as different from other Greeks in that context is wholly meaningless. The origin of their language is the same as the origin of Greek language because their languages are the same language.

You thrive in this kind of trolling. Looking forward to seeing you booted for your absurd behavior.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#279  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 11:16 am

Nevets wrote:
Shove this up your psuedo intellectual cake-hole and eat it

"Graeco-Aryan, or Graeco-Armeno-Aryan, is a hypothetical clade within the Indo-European family that would be the ancestor of Greek, Armenian, and the Indo-Iranian languages.

The Graeco-Armeno-Aryan group supposedly branched off from the parent Indo-European stem by the mid-3rd millennium BC."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeco-Aryan



More distraction and trolling.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The real history of Thor

#280  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 15, 2020 11:17 am

Fallible wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:What’s appauling? What’s raindeer?


Unlatinised Urban

Do you insist on a one world Hermes dialect?

It is 2020.

There are children can now txt talk more knowledge in one minute that old school grammatical proper academics possibly could in their lives


Well, that’s clearly nonsense, isn’t it. Just think about what you’re saying for a second. You’re saying that someone can text more knowledge in a minute than some academics could in their entire lives. That’s a physical impossibility. Stop being silly.



It's what he wishes were true as he needs every illogical advantage he can conceive of.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27890
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest