The real history of Thor

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: The real history of Thor

#281  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 11:24 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:Ok, so what method do you use for processing different time periods? How did you assert that todays Germanics were living in Denmark before 6th Century?

Cite me saying it you fucking lying asshat.

Well who lived in Denmark before 6th BC? Latins? Indians? Chinese? Slavs?

Stop trolling Nevets. :naughty:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#282  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 11:26 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
You mean, besides the fact that we don't? Your trolling is becoming increasingly desperate. :roll:

Pontus 800BC fantasist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonies_ ... k_colonies

The Mycenaeans Greeks by the 15th century BC had reached Rhodes, Crete, Cyprus, where Teucer is said to have founded the first colony, and the shores of Asia Minor.[17][18] Moreover, Greeks were settled in Ionia and Pontus. Miletus in Ionia was an ancient Greek city on the western coast of Anatolia, near the mouth of the Maeander River. The Late Bronze Age, 13th century BC, Milesian saw the arrival in the area of Luwian language speakers from south central Anatolia calling themselves the Carians. Later in that century, other Greeks arrived. The city at that time rebelled against the Hittites Empire. After the fall of that empire, the city was destroyed in the 12th century BC and starting about 1000 BC was resettled extensively by the Ionian Greeks. Before the invasion from Persia in the middle of the 6th century BC, Miletus was considered the greatest and wealthiest of Greek Polis.[19][20] Over several centuries, numerous Ancient Greek city-states were established on the coasts of Anatolia. Greeks started Western philosophy on the western coast of Anatolia (Pre-Socratic philosophy).[21] Thales, Anaximander, Anaximenes, Diogenes of Apollonia were among of the renowned Milesian school philosophers. Heraclitus lived in Ephesus (/ˈɛfəsəs/;[1] Greek: Ἔφεσος Ephesos; Turkish: Efes) another ancient Greek city[22][23] and Anaxagoras was from Clazomenae, a city on the coast of Ionia and a member of the Ionian League. All Ancient Greek dialects were spoken in Anatolia depending on the origin of the City states and the list of ancient Greek theatres in Anatolia is one of the longest among all places Greeks had settled. In Pontus, Greeks traditionally lived in the region of Pontus, on the shores of today's Turkey's Black Sea and in the Pontic Alps, in northeastern Anatolia and the former Armenian province of Kars in Caucasus, and also in Georgia. Those from southern Russia, the Ukraine, and Crimea are often referred to as 'Northern Pontic Greeks', in contrast to those from 'South Pontus', which strictly speaking is Pontus proper. Those from Georgia, northeastern Anatolia, and the ones who lived in present-day Armenia are often referred to as 'Eastern Pontic Greeks' or Caucasus Greeks. The Greeks have founded well known cities to this day. The cities of Sinope (Greek: Σινώπη, Sinōpē) and Trabzon (Greek: Τραπεζοῦς Trapezous), were founded by Milesian traders (756 BC) as well as Samsun, Rize and Amasya. Greek was the lingua franca of Anatolia from the conquests of Alexander the Great up to the invasion of the Seljuk Turks in the eleventh century AD.

More facts you don't know so you wave it away.

Now you'll pretend you knew it all along and that it confirms your antithetical prior claims.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Fine. But i had already said Greek goes back 1500 years.
You have just proven it. Well done.
Now find a source that states Greek was spoken before this time.

Why tell me about Pontus 800BC? How does this show that Greek was around 1500BC and before?
Are you silly?

QED. Predictable, vapid trolling. :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#283  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 11:26 am

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

Shove this up your psuedo intellectual cake-hole and eat it

Stop projecting Nevets. :naughty:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#284  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Nevets wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Nevets wrote:How come Thomas Eshuis and Speirthrower have the exact same writing style. Same vocabulary, and same everything?

Aww, look at him trying to be all sassy like the big boys.

Shove this up your psuedo

What’s psuedo?

intellectual

He says, to an actual intellectual.

cake-hole

What do you think cake-hole means? Because either you are confused about where it is on your body, or you think it’s something else.

and eat it

Eat it?? Oh noes!! That’s really mean!

"Graeco-Aryan, or Graeco-Armeno-Aryan, is a hypothetical clade within the Indo-European family that would be the ancestor of Greek, Armenian, and the Indo-Iranian languages.

The Graeco-Armeno-Aryan group supposedly branched off from the parent Indo-European stem by the mid-3rd millennium BC."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeco-Aryan

Ughhhh...bore off.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#285  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 5:43 pm

My opponents appear to think that Norse people are Germanians, despite the fact that germania was the Roman name for the european mainland, and europe at that time, like today, consisted of many groups, mostly not Celtic.

Germania (/dʒɜːrˈmeɪniə/ jur-MAY-nee-ə, Latin: [ɡɛrˈmaːnɪ.a]) was the Roman term for the historical region in north-central Europe initially inhabited mainly by Germanic tribes.

During antiquity, Germania was initially inhabited not only by Germanic tribes, but also Celts, Balts, Scythians, Sarmatians, Alans and later on Early Slavs, Pannonian Avars, and Huns https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania

Yet my opponents appear to think that it was the Germanians that inhabited the norse countries, and not the norse peoples that also settled in some parts of Germania, making up for the Celtic group in Germania.

My opponents also seem to be of the impression that Greek "was not" a branch off from Aryan, which is itself, a branch of european.
Nevets
Banned User

Name: steven gall

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#286  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Nevets wrote:My opponents appear to think that Norse people are Germanians, despite the fact that germania was the Roman name for the european mainland, and europe at that time, like today, consisted of many groups, mostly not Celtic.

Germania (/dʒɜːrˈmeɪniə/ jur-MAY-nee-ə, Latin: [ɡɛrˈmaːnɪ.a]) was the Roman term for the historical region in north-central Europe initially inhabited mainly by Germanic tribes.

During antiquity, Germania was initially inhabited not only by Germanic tribes, but also Celts, Balts, Scythians, Sarmatians, Alans and later on Early Slavs, Pannonian Avars, and Huns https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania

Yet my opponents appear to think that it was the Germanians that inhabited the norse countries, and not the norse peoples that also settled in some parts of Germania, making up for the Celtic group in Germania.

My opponents also seem to be of the impression that Greek "was not" a branch off from Aryan, which is itself, a branch of european.

Nevets seems to think that beating his wife will make his fantasies about Norse Vikings come true.
It won't though. :roll:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#287  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 16, 2020 1:01 am

Said no one else here, ever.

Every time you've tried that bullshit, I've challenged you to quote me or someone else, and every time you've failed to do so.

Just mumbled nonsense. Your 'opponents' have noted that this is fuck all to do with anything relevant to this thread - plus you're entirely misrepresenting them for not taking your bait and switch.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems