Yale Lectures On Hebrew Bible

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Paganism, Taoism etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Yale Lectures On Hebrew Bible

#1  Postby Sovereign » Sep 07, 2011 1:49 pm

For those interested, here is heterodoxism2's channel and there are 11 playlists dividing the talks into several lectures. Here is the first video of the entire series. Each video's description box has additional information to various links that relate to the topic. Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq4zsJDYHXQ[/youtube]
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Yale Lectures On Hebrew Bible

#2  Postby KeenIdiot » Sep 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks for the link, I'll have to watch these later.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby HughMcB » Oct 29, 2011 4:47 am

Judaism, Torah, religious texts
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Zwaarddijk » Oct 29, 2011 6:22 am

HughMcB wrote:Judaism, Torah, religious texts

your point being?
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#5  Postby ElDiablo » Nov 25, 2011 12:26 am

:popcorn:
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby paracensus » Sep 09, 2014 2:50 am

Sovereign wrote:

my experience of that link:
"In The Beg..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.
Sorry about that.

followup:

heterodoxism2 has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

following up on that i noticed a heterodoxism8, heterodoxism15, and others... presumably the proverbial whack-a-mole situation.

is this link objectionable, forum-format-wise or otherwise? (i've not yet fallen afoul of any copyright gaffes, but that's by no means due to any savvy on my part):
http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-145#sessions

somehow this 'open' course is too delicate/proprietary to be displayed by a mere pseudonymous youtuber?
(one vainly hopes that the minions of an ~ivy~league~ institution have better things to do than make nigh-freely-available educational material... slightly less available.) :scratch:
paracensus

Name: Janusz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Sovereign » Sep 09, 2014 5:12 am

paracensus wrote:
Sovereign wrote:

my experience of that link:
"In The Beg..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.
Sorry about that.

followup:

heterodoxism2 has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

following up on that i noticed a heterodoxism8, heterodoxism15, and others... presumably the proverbial whack-a-mole situation.

is this link objectionable, forum-format-wise or otherwise? (i've not yet fallen afoul of any copyright gaffes, but that's by no means due to any savvy on my part):
http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-145#sessions

somehow this 'open' course is too delicate/proprietary to be displayed by a mere pseudonymous youtuber?
(one vainly hopes that the minions of an ~ivy~league~ institution have better things to do than make nigh-freely-available educational material... slightly less available.) :scratch:

What you probably had was an attack by Biblical literalists on the channels because it ran antithetical to their position. I remember one huge argument on several of the channels when I found it between several literalists and the channel's owner. I suspect the owner of the channels got tired of fighting the DMCAs that literalists like to volley at channels that show anything other than what they believe. It's a shame really. Thanks for posting that link btw.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Other Religions & Belief Systems