Brainwashing

Tyrants and their forces indoctrinating the masses

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Brainwashing

#1  Postby Obbop » Feb 18, 2021 2:48 pm

"Instead of facing reality, the delusional person would rather live in their world of make-believe. But in order to keep faking reality, they'll have to make sure that everyone else around them also pretends to live in their imaginary world.

In simpler words, the delusional person rejects reality. And in this rejection of reality, others have to play along with how they view the world, otherwise, their world will not make sense to them. It's why the delusional person will get angry when they face someone who doesn't conform to their world view …"

The easily-indoctrinated sheep live lives of fear. Warriors follow the saner path of determining what is an actual threat and what is an attempt by tyrannical elites and their lackeys seeking to control the masses.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... erica.aspx
Obbop

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Brainwashing

#2  Postby Animavore » Feb 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Covid-denying shite talk.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 18, 2021 3:39 pm

I think the word you were perhaps looking for Animavore is...

fap
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby felltoearth » Feb 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Joseph Mercola - Wikipedia
Joseph Michael Mercola (/mərˈkoʊlə/;[1] born July 8, 1954) is an American alternative medicine proponent, osteopathic physician, and Internet business person.

So not an epidemiologist. Got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby felltoearth » Feb 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Snake oil salesman.

Joseph Mercola - Wikipedia
Mercola operates Mercola.com, which he has described as the most popular alternative-health website on the internet.[4] Aside from the main site, it also hosts various blog subsites, like Healthy Pets and Peak Fitness. Traffic counting from Quantcast shows the site receives about 1.9 million novel visitors per month, each returning almost ten times each month; the number of views are roughly equal to those received by the National Institutes of Health.[2] The site and his company, Mercola LLC, brought in roughly $7 million in 2010 through the sale of a variety of alternative medicine treatments and dietary supplements.[2] The site promotes a number of disproven health ideas, including the notion that homeopathy can treat autism, and that vaccinations have hidden detriments to human health.[2] An article in BusinessWeek criticized his website as using aggressive direct-marketing tactics, writing:[4]

Mercola gives the lie to the notion that holistic practitioners tend to be so absorbed in treating patients that they aren't effective businesspeople. While Mercola on his site seeks to identify with this image by distinguishing himself from "all the greed-motivated hype out there in health-care land", he is a master promoter, using every trick of traditional and Internet direct marketing to grow his business ... He is selling health-care products and services, and is calling upon an unfortunate tradition made famous by the old-time snake oil salesmen of the 1800s.
Phyllis Entis, a microbiologist and food safety expert, highlighted Mercola.com as an example of websites "likely to mislead consumers by offering one-sided, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information."[19]

In 2016, Mercola agreed to pay up to $5.3 million restitution after federal regulators complained that he made false claims about tanning beds that he sold.[20]

Vaccinations
Mercola has been highly critical of vaccines and vaccination policy, claiming that too many vaccines are given too soon during infancy. He hosts anti-vaccination activists on his website, advocates other measures rather than vaccination in many cases such as using vitamin D rather than a flu shot despite the data not being conclusive[10][21] and strongly criticizes influenza vaccines. Mercola is viewed by many as an anti-vaccine propagandist.[22] As of 2019, he has donated at least $4 million to anti-vaccine groups though his Natural Health Research Foundation, including more than $2.9 million to the anti-vaccination group the National Vaccine Information Center, amounting to about 40 percent of that organization's funding.[10] He co-funded an anti-vaccination ad in Times Square in 2011.[22]

Mercola has asserted that thimerosal, a vaccine preservative, is harmful due to its mercury content.[23] Thimerosal has been removed from most vaccines given to young children in the U.S., with no effect on rates of autism diagnosis.[24][25] Extensive evidence has accumulated since 1999 showing that this preservative is safe,[26] with the World Health Organization stating in 2006 that "there is no evidence of toxicity in infants, children or adults exposed to thimerosal in vaccines."[26][27]

COVID-19
See also: Misinformation related to the COVID-19 pandemic
In 2020, Mercola was one of the partners in a website called "Stop Covid Cold" offering advice to the public on preventing and treating Covid-19 with alternative remedies. The website includes links to Mercola's online store and puts a strong emphasis on vitamin D supplements, despite a lack of scientific evidence pointing to the effectiveness of such a treatment.[28][29]

Mercola claimed that inhaling 0.5-3% hydrogen peroxide solution using a nebulizer could prevent or cure COVID-19.[30][31] A tweet from Mercola advertising this method was removed from Twitter on April 15, 2020, for violating the platform rules,[31] but he continued to make these claims on other platforms, including during a speech at a major conference of anti-vaccination activists in October.[28]

Despite Mercola being identified as a major amplifier of COVID-19 misinformation, his business received a federal loan of $335,000 from the Paycheck Protection Program in 2020.[32][33]

felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Animavore » Feb 18, 2021 3:49 pm

...'internet business person' - what? :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7  Postby felltoearth » Feb 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Pretty good summary here.

https://quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola/

felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Sheeple with your evidence-based diagnosis and clinically trialed medicines! Holistic doctors employ their chi energy to manipulate your chakra so you know you can trust their gut-derived assertions, I mean, dependability is literally written in their auras, for fuck's sakes! You're all so closed-quantum-minded; open your third eye people!

Do your own research - we all know that 5 minutes on Google can discover facts doctors with years of training and practice are ignorant of!

Please watch these life-saving documentaries so-called "real medical professionals" don't want you to see!

I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby BlackBart » Feb 18, 2021 6:13 pm

full.jpg
full.jpg (61.84 KiB) Viewed 141 times
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby chairman bill » Feb 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Having lost friends & colleagues to Covid, my greatest fear is that I'll beat the fuck out of any cunt I meet who says it's a hoax/like 'flu/etc., and then get locked up for it
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm

Guess we'll just have to settle for calling the OP a copypasta dumb shit that couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper sack.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby TopCat » Feb 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Obbop wrote:"Instead of facing reality, the delusional person would rather live in their world of make-believe."

Remarkably insightful.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby jamest » Feb 20, 2021 1:47 am

chairman bill wrote:Having lost friends & colleagues to Covid, my greatest fear is that I'll beat the fuck out of any cunt I meet who says it's a hoax/like 'flu/etc., and then get locked up for it

Everyone has lost friends/etc. since time began to ALL manner of supposed causes, but at no point in history has society ever closed-down and practically destroyed the economy (and potentially the society itself) for 'a cause' which has killed 0.0018% of the populace (in the UK - a year on) even when the majority of them are very old people.

THIS, is the gripe that most of us are complaining about. Many millions of people are literally going insane through boredom and/or financial crisis... and the long-term repercussions of this for society are sooooo dire that the entire system could collapse into utter anarchy. YET, people like you, soooooo short-sighted, want to cripple EVERYBODY into oblivion for the aforementioned statistics. :nono:

You don't need to be someone who says that covid-19 is a hoax (which I don't) or that the vaccine may eventually incur many more problems than the disease (which it may), to make a solid stand on the issue of "Stop with this bollocks!".

I'm very sorry that you've lost loved-ones to what was supposedly covid-19, but I myself cannot condone a principal which supports destroying society to the point of anarchy to the point of millions of starving/dead people, wrt to the aforemention statistics. And, if this bullshit agenda progresses much further, I predict widespread riots within this country within the year.

If you want to kick the shit out of me (or others) for saying that, then go ahead. But let it be said that there are significant numbers of people in this country who are DONE with the lockdowns et al for something which has yet to kill anywhere near the percentage of populace that the flu can and did do. The 'Spanish flu':

Estimates vary on the exact number of deaths caused by the disease, but it is thought to have infected a third of the world's population and killed at least 50 million people.

https://www.livescience.com/spanish-flu.html

SOME rational PERSPECTIVE is required, obviously, before you start lashing out at people who are DONE with this over-reactionary nonsense. Though it's probably too late anyway, as this perspective was required at the start, not a year later.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 20, 2021 3:30 am

jamest wrote:
chairman bill wrote:Having lost friends & colleagues to Covid, my greatest fear is that I'll beat the fuck out of any cunt I meet who says it's a hoax/like 'flu/etc., and then get locked up for it

Everyone has lost friends/etc. since time began to ALL manner of supposed causes, but at no point in history has society ever closed-down and practically destroyed the economy (and potentially the society itself) for 'a cause' which has killed 0.0018% of the populace (in the UK - a year on) even when the majority of them are very old people.

Jamest... you don't even seem to be able to parse your own arguments. Honestly, for someone so full of themselves and so arrogant and condescending, you routinely exhibit such desperately dense reasoning skills.

There are 2 parts to your contention.

1) We engaged unprecedented levels of mobilization to stave off the threat of this virus.

2) X% of people died.

Therefore, the cogent argument goes something like: despite unprecedented levels of mobilization, X% of people died to Covid - therefore, had such extreme and unprecedented levels of mobilization not occurred, then that % would be substantially higher, thus the mobilization had a positive impact with regards to the number of casualties.

Necessarily, according to your own arguments, given the unprecedented degree of mobilization, then you must acknowledge that the death toll would have been far greater absent that mobilization.

Then you just need to work out who the fuck you are to think it's alright for more people to die in the name of a stronger economy. Would it have been ok if it had been your wife and child to die?

Finally, your figure is just flat wrong - it's about 0.17% of the population - (119,000 deaths out of a total population of 66.65 million = 0.1785%)

You're out by 2 orders of magnitude. That's fucking inept.

Plus, you're obviously not worried at all about people who had covid, didn't die, but are still suffering from the effects of the disease including potentially having their lives shortened through further complications because you only deal in simplicity, and even then you manifestly struggle.

Now shall we imagine what the outcome of the Spanish Flu would have been had society mobilized like the world has for the covid pandemic? Only, you seem to have lost that part of the argument in your waltz into Lalaland.

Seriously, when you don't have a clue, learn to shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Feb 20, 2021 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 20, 2021 3:41 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... n_Thailand

The number of cases remained low throughout February, reaching 40 by the end of the month, but surged in mid-March, soon rising to over a hundred per day. Public venues and businesses were ordered to close in Bangkok and several other provinces. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha declared a state of emergency, effective on 26 March, and a curfew went into effect on 3 April. All commercial international flights were suspended from 4 April, and lockdown measures were implemented in varying degrees throughout the country. The rate of new cases gradually dropped throughout April, and by mid-May, locally transmitted infection rates had fallen to near-zero, and easing of restrictions was gradually implemented.

The public has cooperated relatively well with health advisories...

Covid deaths in Thailand?

Eighty fucking three.

The population of Thailand is higher than the UK, the borders are MUCH more porous, and while there are undoubtedly many factors having some impact on the outcome, I think there can be no argument at all that the effects result directly from a) the implementation of MUCH more stringent measures than in the UK, and b) the fact that the public aren't total fucking numpties selfishly whinging about boredom when their fellow citizens lives are at risk. Had the UK implemented lockdowns earlier instead of flip-flopping about and yammering cluelessly about herd immunity, and people like you had an ounce of civil sensibility then the UK wouldn't have seen over a hundred thousand people die to this virus, it would've been contained much more effectively, and the economy could then have started to recover much more quickly.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 20, 2021 3:53 am

Pro-tip - don't bother hitting them in the head, they clearly don't have any vital organs there.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby jamest » Feb 20, 2021 4:02 am

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:

Jamest... you don't even seem to be able to parse your own arguments. Honestly, for someone so full of themselves and so arrogant and condescending, you routinely exhibit such desperately dense reasoning skills.

So, let's get this straight: you've just called me "full of myself and arrogant and condescending", correct? Yet, after my response to you, here, I'll be called a troll by you in your next post. Correct? :nono:

Take your mask for a shit.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#18  Postby tuco » Feb 20, 2021 4:21 am

Might just drop it here, since its recent and related:

Believing in Conspiracy Theories Is Not Delusional - https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/94 ... conspiracy

---

To comment, I tend to agree that rational perspective is required, however, what seems to divide (some!) societies (I live in one) when it comes to let's say a willingness to postpone needs to the future - with regards to government and self-regulation, and their consequences in order to end the crisis - is not only rationality but also individual priorities, (dis)trust in government, let's say the cultural focus of society when it comes to individualism or collectivism or misinformation.

I have much more on my mind regarding this crisis as it's very interesting to me to observe what is going on and nothing like this was going on during my lifetime but let me just say that I would not underestimate the (negative) psychological effect the crisis, some of the restrictions imposed respectively, can have on some people.

---
edit: from the article

Challenging beliefs collaboratively and acknowledging areas of uncertainty, rather than confronting or arguing about false beliefs, can foster trust between physician and patient and, at the very least, open a dialogue regarding potential exposure to medical misinformation

luckily that goes for physician-patient relationship not for us lol
tuco

Print view this post

#19  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 20, 2021 5:43 am

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:

So, let's get this straight: you've just called me "full of myself and arrogant and condescending", correct? Yet, after my response to you, here, I'll be called a troll by you in your next post. Correct? :nono:

Take your mask for a shit.

Wave your arms around a bit more Jamest - you might generate sufficient lift to flap the fuck away.

As usual, that's about the best that can be expected as an acknowledgement of how stupid your post was from you. Ignore it and maybe you can fool yourself it's not there! Pathetic inability to engage in any level of reasoned consideration.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 20, 2021 5:53 am

condone a principal which supports destroying society to the point of anarchy

The melodrama!

The point of anarchy? Apparently, the news hasn't managed to cover the UK being on the point of anarchy - when reality doesn't conform to your grandiose sense of self-worth, just make up any old bullshit you like.

Let's imagine the same argument being made when a fire service is called out but the burning building still falls down. Obviously, it wasn't worth paying for a fire service given that the building still burnt down - the cost of operating that fire crew is not justified - why should we be paying for a fire service anyway when it wasn't us that was affected?

Of course, the answer is obvious to anyone with half a fucking functioning brain: the fire service may not have saved that single building, but their work ensured the entire street, entire neighborhood, entire town didn't end up a smouldering ruin.

Fortunately, most people are just too competent to be gulled into hyper simplistic renditions that fail to take into account what could have occurred were a prevention not put in place. You wanna see anarchy? There's your path to it.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Next

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities