Concerning the limit of inequality

Morality, History, Occultism, Nietzsche

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#241  Postby Master Lawbringer » Mar 24, 2020 1:38 am

Thommo wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:And insanity doesn't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.


Needing help doesn't mean you're insane, it just means that you need help. Lots of us need help from time to time and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

And please, don't dismiss this because someone who wasn't me said something you don't like. Everyone here is an individual and speaks only for themself, not some collective, real or imagined. If you're really troubled by thoughts of demons then it's your own wellbeing that would benefit from seeing a professional, it has nothing to do with whether I said that "getting tortured to death is not an inherently bad thing"*.

*For the record I didn't though. As far as I can tell the closest anyone has come is saying it's not inherently morally good or bad to be the victim of torture, merely physically and psychologically good or bad - in contrast with the act of torturing someone which they regard to be inherently morally bad. That is to say we prohibit people from torturing, we do not praise them for being tortured.

These distinctions are not important compared to mental health though.


The reason you do not torture someone is because it's a bad thing for the person getting tortured. You say we (a collective) prohibit people from torturing. Ok, that seems reasonable. However the reason you prohibit torture is not because it makes the other person feel bad, it's because ... blah. I don't know what it is but it apparently has nothing to do with how the torture victim feels.
Why do you prohibit torture if it has nothing to do with how it makes the other person feel?
User avatar
Master Lawbringer
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 65

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#242  Postby Master Lawbringer » Mar 24, 2020 1:57 am

And if the reason you prohibit torture has nothing to do with how it makes the torture victim feel to the point where your morality is detached from feelings altogether, that means that none of those compassionate words mean anything at all. That's a hoax that needs to be exposed.
User avatar
Master Lawbringer
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 65

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#243  Postby Thommo » Mar 24, 2020 2:32 am

You're seeing things that aren't there, seriously.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26774

Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#244  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:38 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
No, you didn't. I never equate them. I have always said : 'based on'. Not : They are the same.
That whole equivocation argument is simply false. It's an oversimplification, hence a strawman.


Your entire argument is equivocation. You have not always said 'based on'. As I literally cited in the post you're supposedly replying to.

And yeah, chucking the word 'strawman' at every response isn't helping you out of your dire confusion.


I never said 'they are the same' and I gave lots of examples that show that I don't mean that at all. So you're oversimplifying my argument. Strawman.



As I've already said: you clearly don't know what the term 'strawman' means. Oversimplification isn't a strawman.

You gave no examples of having written it before - you changed your argument.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#245  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:39 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:
Master Lawbringer, whilst I have some little sympathy for you that perhaps something has happened in your life to cause this hatred and fear of women, I would like to point out that there are no demons, or daemons, as you would have it, only those that are in our own heads, and that perhaps you have more than most other people.


What if I told you that there's an experiment you can perform to experience them?



What if I told you that this is a forum specifically for rational skepticism, not ignorant fuckwitted appeals to magical bollocks to pretend to be special to strangers on the internet.

I realize that you might struggle to grasp this - far too many people do. There's an entire internet out there full of lunacy that will no doubt welcome your wibble with open arms. Here, no. Stow it.


Rational skepticism, not dogmatic materialism.



There's nothing rational or skeptical about appealing to idiotic fairy tales.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#246  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:42 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:If no one in the entire world understands anything about anti-egalitarian morality, how can it be that large-scale anti-egalitarian structures are still flooding the market with drugs?


Well, they're not, so there goes that idea.


Master Lawbringer wrote:Any psychologists or sociologists care to explain that one to me? Anybody with any expertise? Some peer-reviewed papers, perhaps? Anybody? Worldwide?


Psychologists, sociologists, and peer-reviewed papers on the nonsense you just churned out?

No, there are no such things because there's no actual topic there - just a fevered idea formulated in the absence of a clue.


Master Lawbringer wrote:Peer review means nothing if the peers can't be trusted.


Nice non-sequitur, but it does expose a little more about your anti-rational nonsense.


Master Lawbringer wrote:And I don't trust people who maintain that it's not self-evident that it's bad to get tortured to death.


You also like to completely misrepresent everything that's been said, then pretend other people are doing it to you.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#247  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:43 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:
GrahamH wrote:This shit leads down a dark and stinking rabbit hole, it seems.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27887

Nasty stuff.


I incorrectly identified the enemy. Daemons from Hell wasn't my first guess. Furthermore, I was under attack by them as well.
If you take that into account, it holds up quite well, what I wrote.

Words like 'nasty' don't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.

And in Hell, you can basically leave out the 'death' part.



If these are really your thoughts and you're not just trying to be special to a bunch of strangers on the internet, then you need professional medical help.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#248  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:44 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:
Yeah, and I challenge you to stop using the word 'equivocate' and to stop using the same old strawman argument that I've already dismissed dozens of times.


People will stop using the word equivocate when you stop equivocating. An argument that is built solely on an equivocation between two meanings is a very, very silly one.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#249  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:45 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:
And insanity doesn't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.


That would be part of the delusion as no one here has suggested that torture is a good thing. If you believe some of this stuff, you really do genuinely need professional medical help. No one here has used the term 'insane' except you - you seem to find it interesting to call other people comparatively insane to you, but again, that's not something anyone else has joined you in doing.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#250  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 3:48 am

Master Lawbringer wrote:And if the reason you prohibit torture has nothing to do with how it makes the torture victim feel to the point where your morality is detached from feelings altogether, that means that none of those compassionate words mean anything at all. That's a hoax that needs to be exposed.



You really should get help.

There's nothing compassionate in that - I don't know you from Adam, and I don't care to - but you decided to join this webforum and dump your issues on us, and this is the best response possible given the circumstances, to protect you, me, the forum etc.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#251  Postby GrahamH » Mar 24, 2020 6:59 am

Hermit wrote:
GrahamH wrote:This shit leads down a dark and stinking rabbit hole, it seems.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27887

Nasty stuff.

Macdoc provided a link to that in post #56.


So it was. Which makes it all the more peculiar that this topic got much past 56 posts.

Hermit wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Why did you get banned

Master Lawbringer
BANNED
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 am

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27887

:roll: :popcorn:

Thanks for the headsup. :thumbup:

I recommend that people who still think discussing anything with Master Lawbringer is not a total waste of time have a look at the thread he started there. All things being equal, they'll change their minds by the time they get to the end of the second sentence of his opening post.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH
 
Posts: 20337

Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#252  Postby Master Lawbringer » Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
And insanity doesn't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.


That would be part of the delusion as no one here has suggested that torture is a good thing. If you believe some of this stuff, you really do genuinely need professional medical help. No one here has used the term 'insane' except you - you seem to find it interesting to call other people comparatively insane to you, but again, that's not something anyone else has joined you in doing.


Like I said, you prohibit torture so you seem reasonable.
But the reason you prohibit torture is not because it makes the torture victim feel horrible. That would be my reason.
No, your reason to prohibit torture is ... garble ... garble ... garble.
User avatar
Master Lawbringer
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 65

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#253  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Master Lawbringer wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
And insanity doesn't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.


That would be part of the delusion as no one here has suggested that torture is a good thing. If you believe some of this stuff, you really do genuinely need professional medical help. No one here has used the term 'insane' except you - you seem to find it interesting to call other people comparatively insane to you, but again, that's not something anyone else has joined you in doing.


Like I said, you prohibit torture so you seem reasonable.


I don't prohibit torture because I am not in a position of judicial authority to prohibit or permit torture.


Master Lawbringer wrote:But the reason you prohibit torture is not because it makes the torture victim feel horrible. That would be my reason.
No, your reason to prohibit torture is ... garble ... garble ... garble.



No, your reason shifted as soon as I poked at it. You're still not dealing with the fact that X action makes person 1 feel good and person 2 feel bad, so then how do you settle the supposed self-evident morality?

I'll tell you what the problem is: gross simplification. Your concept and thinking about this is grossly simplistic, and consequently you're producing grossly simplistic assertions you're unable to inspect.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#254  Postby Master Lawbringer » Mar 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Master Lawbringer wrote:
And insanity doesn't mean anything coming from people that do not consider getting tortured to death as an inherently bad thing.


That would be part of the delusion as no one here has suggested that torture is a good thing. If you believe some of this stuff, you really do genuinely need professional medical help. No one here has used the term 'insane' except you - you seem to find it interesting to call other people comparatively insane to you, but again, that's not something anyone else has joined you in doing.


Like I said, you prohibit torture so you seem reasonable.


I don't prohibit torture because I am not in a position of judicial authority to prohibit or permit torture.


Master Lawbringer wrote:But the reason you prohibit torture is not because it makes the torture victim feel horrible. That would be my reason.
No, your reason to prohibit torture is ... garble ... garble ... garble.



No, your reason shifted as soon as I poked at it. You're still not dealing with the fact that X action makes person 1 feel good and person 2 feel bad, so then how do you settle the supposed self-evident morality?

I'll tell you what the problem is: gross simplification. Your concept and thinking about this is grossly simplistic, and consequently you're producing grossly simplistic assertions you're unable to inspect.


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
A YouTube video removed by moderator.
User avatar
Master Lawbringer
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 65

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#255  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Ooh a youtube video, well that's convincing then.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#256  Postby Hermit » Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Ooh a youtube video, well that's convincing then.

Not just any Youtube video, mate. Check the phisolophers out, Top grade, they are.
Deathspell Omega is a French black metal band formed in 1998 in Poitiers. Their lyrical content deals primarily with Satanism on a metaphysical level – as the band has stated that "all other interpretations of Satan are intellectually invalid" – and other various theological topics.

Black metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal music. Common traits include fast tempos, a shrieking vocal style, heavily distorted guitars played with tremolo picking, raw (lo-fi) recording, unconventional song structures, and an emphasis on atmosphere. Artists often appear in corpse paint and adopt pseudonyms.

And their phisolophy is just smashing.

A plague grows, giving strength to life.
This is a miserable instinct of reproduction.
Humans beget their insects that will become Humans.
This pest and it's breeders must be exterminated.

Satan shall destroy the weak...
A total genocide is what we seek...

Why these feeble animals persist in cloning themselves again and again?
It just means that life as a whole is senseless, thus we worship Death.

We open wide the womb of the pregnant females and brandish the dead larvas.
The human race is a piece of flesh, no soul inside, only for His servants.

A plague grows, giving strength to life.
This is a miserable instinct of reproduction.
Humans beget their insects that will become Humans.
This pest and it's breeders must be exterminated.

Procreation epidemic...
Satan shall destroy the weak...
A total genocide is what we seek...

Bloody useless meat is what is left of them, never to give birth again.
Our King in Hell rejoice, proud of His earthly hordes, hailing the triumph
Of Death.

Sexual pleasure is glorified, it's fruit being cold sperm, not pitiful
Infants.
To create life was their aim, to stab them all will forever be our role.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3364
Age: 66
Male

Country: Here
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#257  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Nice chaps then.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#258  Postby Hermit » Mar 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Nice chaps then.

Representatives of a more extreme spinoff from death metal. In addition to having found a marketing niche to exploit they do have a useful purpose: Distracting emo haters from their targets.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3364
Age: 66
Male

Country: Here
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#259  Postby chairman bill » Mar 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I've met some of these utterly deluded Crowley junkies before. They are a moral vacuum by design and mad as a box of Egyptian minor deities. Nothing I've read here contradicts my previous experience.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28118
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Concerning the limit of inequality

#260  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 7:42 pm

chairman bill wrote:I've met some of these utterly deluded Crowley junkies before.


I haven't... not sure as I was really missing out.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27262
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest