Dream Interpretations/meanings

Do dreams have a meaning?

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Dream Interpretations/meanings

#61  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 13, 2015 5:38 pm

If you can name a single UAE authority on HOCD I will be impressed, Sendraks.
"Jesus had a bad weekend for our sins." - Julia Sweeney
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#62  Postby Sendraks » Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Keep It Real wrote:If you can name a single UAE authority on HOCD I will be impressed, Sendraks.

*sigh* I'm not going to re-type what I've already said.

Sendraks wrote:And it doesn't matter if the OP is in the UAE or anywhere else in the world where getting this help might be challenging. We are not in a position to help them.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#63  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Your infantile use of swear words indicates very precisely your value in this discourse.

And your tone policing is entirely fucking useless.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Sendraks wrote:Keep It Real - look at it another way. The majority of us are in no way qualified to provide help to someone with a mental health problem and public forums are a poor medium by which to provide such help.

Any help we might actually provide would be by accident, rather than design and we're far more likely to do harm.

Some of us are qualified, and I disagree that a forum is a bad medium within which to air those thoughts. I doubt harm is more likely than help if the spirit is correctly aligned.

Your own words give away your lack of qualification to hold forth about an obsessive compulsive illness. If this individual does suffer from the disorder he claims he does, he has an OBSESSION. An OBSESSION which he is COMPELLED to continually seek reassurance over. This thread is one way in which he can keep on seeking reassurance about his OBSESSION. One thing you clearly don't understand is that no matter how much reassurance he is offered here, or how many bull**** opinions he reads, IT IS NOT GOING TO HELP HIM, BECAUSE IT'S NEVER ENOUGH. Now you can be forgiven for indulging him in this before it has been explained to you, but if you carry on, you're basically complicit in the perpetuation of his compulsive behaviour. There, I've left out all naughty words so you can focus better.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 13, 2015 6:05 pm

I want to help him. I think perhaps I have suffered from HOCD in the past myself. I think I can help him. Silence me? It's all about homophobia IMO. If the OP weren't afraid of being a homosexual the problem would disappear, IMO. It's just MO but it's worth airing.
"Jesus had a bad weekend for our sins." - Julia Sweeney
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#66  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Oh my fucking god. I'm done with you.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Sendraks » Nov 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Keep It Real wrote:I want to help him. I think perhaps I have suffered from HOCD in the past myself. I think I can help him. Silence me? It's all about homophobia IMO. If the OP weren't afraid of being a homosexual the problem would disappear, IMO. It's just MO but it's worth airing.

Ah well, if you "think" you've suffered from it, you should've said. I'd no idea you had such authority. :doh:

As Fallible has said, this person is not here to get help. They're here to feed their obsession.

Unless you cling to the curious notion that RS is a lone island of wisdom and the rest of the internet is nothing more than a howling waste of kitten pics and titties, it must have occurred to you that via the wonder of the internet, the OP can contact individuals and organisations who are actually qualified to provide the help they need.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities