God's explanation for this shit

It's time

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: God's explanation for this shit

#121  Postby Evolving » Nov 05, 2018 11:06 am

Fenrir wrote:Steady on, none of the other "gods" will talk to him* so James is his* only option.

*It's always a him.

Hello, Aphrodite here. Have I missed anything?
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby jamest » Nov 06, 2018 1:33 am

Just a heads-up. Anyone actually interested in what I have to say here, regardless of how few, should take the time to read pages 4 & 5 of this thread: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... 47081.html

Good night.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#123  Postby cyghost » Nov 06, 2018 6:10 am

I just did.... it didn't help at all :(
cyghost

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#124  Postby newolder » Nov 06, 2018 9:27 am

jamest wrote:Just a heads-up. Anyone actually interested in what I have to say here, regardless of how few, should take the time to read pages 4 & 5 of this thread: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... 47081.html

Good night.

How is that attempt at diversion anyone's explanation for this shit?
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

God's explanation for this shit

#125  Postby felltoearth » Nov 06, 2018 3:02 pm

It helps to divert from another failed, soon to be abandoned, thread.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#126  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 06, 2018 3:46 pm

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I don't know what drugs he's on, but I definitely want some. Even my best mushroom trip didn't make me think I was god!

I don't think that jamest is God, either.

It's about time that you and the other captives here finally made an effort to understand what has been said through james' gob, because he has not, nor ever has, stated that 'he' is your God. Indeed, repeatedly, jamest has evidently placed everyone here upon the same pedestal as himself within the context of absoluteness.

Then it is you who needs to make the effort to understand, because I never said that you said that you are "our God". I said you think you're god, and I understand that you think everyone else is god too. It's not a complex, or even particularly original concept. Especially since you just state it over and over again instead of doing any sort of work to support it. "Imagine you're a guy on Mars!" isn't support for your claim, believe it or not, it's an analogy to get people to understand the concept, which I'm pretty sure everyone already understands.

It's your TRUTH MILLS which are responsible for treating james as one of those regular/daft religious twats we see throughout history.

No, it is you acting like a regular religious person that is responsible for the treatment you receive. Just because your beliefs are especially daft and wooly doesn't make them substantially different from any other religious belief, especially since you have the exact same quantity of evidence as any of them: didilly squat.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#127  Postby jamest » Nov 06, 2018 11:51 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I don't know what drugs he's on, but I definitely want some. Even my best mushroom trip didn't make me think I was god!

It's about time that you and the other captives here finally made an effort to understand what has been said through james' gob, because he has not, nor ever has, stated that 'he' is your God. Indeed, repeatedly, jamest has evidently placed everyone here upon the same pedestal as himself within the context of absoluteness.

Then it is you who needs to make the effort to understand, because I never said that you said that you are "our God". I said you think you're god, and I understand that you think everyone else is god too. It's not a complex, or even particularly original concept. Especially since you just state it over and over again instead of doing any sort of work to support it.

Firstly, jamest has never indicated that he had a unique conclusion to the philosophy promoted through him, though he rightfully claims that through him MY existence can be undoubtedly established via reason alone, for the first time in history (truth mills need fixing first of course). Indeed, using arguments/concepts which are often completely original. Further, he presents rational arguments pertaining to My will and purpose, not emotional hunches or intuitions derived from smoking pot. In other words, there are meaningful reasons for proving My existence other than for the mere sake of proving my existence. That is, there's a purpose to these works which transcends hallelujah.

Secondly, since you only have to play with the search engine to see the enormous amount of work done through jamest here (and elsewhere) for almost two decades, covering a significant diversity of philosophical issues, your comments seem highly disingenuous. If you're expecting a single post of several hundred words to encapsulate all of that, then you're crazy. jamest would literally have to write a book to justify the works produced by him, but as this is a forum of debate then the limitations presented before us are obvious. If you have a specific question I will address it, but otherwise have a fucking word with yourself. :nono:
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#128  Postby jamest » Nov 07, 2018 12:02 am

newolder wrote:
jamest wrote:Just a heads-up. Anyone actually interested in what I have to say here, regardless of how few, should take the time to read pages 4 & 5 of this thread: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/gener ... 47081.html

Good night.

How is that attempt at diversion anyone's explanation for this shit?

There was no diversion there as what I had to say was entirely relevant to the "explanation for this shit". I mean, the 'shit' in question is caused by ignorance, so what I had to say over there addressed some portion of this ignorance. :nono:
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#129  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 07, 2018 1:44 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:

Then it is you who needs to make the effort to understand, because I never said that you said that you are "our God". I said you think you're god, and I understand that you think everyone else is god too. It's not a complex, or even particularly original concept. Especially since you just state it over and over again instead of doing any sort of work to support it.

Firstly, jamest has never indicated that he had a unique conclusion to the philosophy promoted through him, though he rightfully claims that through him MY existence can be undoubtedly established via reason alone, for the first time in history (truth mills need fixing first of course). Indeed, using arguments/concepts which are often completely original. Further, he presents rational arguments pertaining to My will and purpose, not emotional hunches or intuitions derived from smoking pot. In other words, there are meaningful reasons for proving My existence other than for the mere sake of proving my existence. That is, there's a purpose to these works which transcends hallelujah.

Secondly, since you only have to play with the search engine to see the enormous amount of work done through jamest here (and elsewhere) for almost two decades, covering a significant diversity of philosophical issues, your comments seem highly disingenuous. If you're expecting a single post of several hundred words to encapsulate all of that, then you're crazy. jamest would literally have to write a book to justify the works produced by him, but as this is a forum of debate then the limitations presented before us are obvious. If you have a specific question I will address it, but otherwise have a fucking word with yourself. :nono:

Have you told your family about your...revelation?
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#130  Postby jamest » Nov 07, 2018 2:13 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:

Have you told your family about your...revelation?

My wife knows, although she has her own 'spiritual' problems having been brought up by retarded religious parents. I haven't told my kids because it is my intention that every individual should be free to decide for themselves once they become an adult.

I'm not here to save specific individuals, including members of my own physical family. I'm here to present a philosophy which will someday work for the whole. it doesn't really matter whether that philosophy is noted today, next week, year, century, etc., so long as it ultimately works. Time doesn't matter to God.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#131  Postby Fallible » Nov 07, 2018 7:41 am

'Works'. :lol:
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#132  Postby OlivierK » Nov 07, 2018 8:11 am

jamest wrote:my own physical family

Ain't no physical families in your philosophy anyway. :roll:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Thommo » Nov 07, 2018 8:21 am

Some days visiting Ratskep feels like unpaid volunteer work at the asylum.

It feels like every thread I open is filled with this insane, inane ranting about how some unspecified argument has already been made (and when you check it hasn't) how great and right the promoter of that (absent) argument is and how all counterpoints have been refuted.
Thommo

Print view this post

#134  Postby GrahamH » Nov 07, 2018 8:27 am

jamest wrote:My wife knows, although she has her own 'spiritual' problems having been brought up by retarded religious parents. I haven't told my kids because it is my intention that every individual should be free to decide for themselves once they become an adult.

I'm not here to save specific individuals, including members of my own physical family. I'm here to present a philosophy which will someday work for the whole. it doesn't really matter whether that philosophy is noted today, next week, year, century, etc., so long as it ultimately works. Time doesn't matter to God.

Oopps, your god persona mask has slipped jamest. :naughty:

Who knew it could be so hard for GOD to keep track of who it is, even when trying to be iONESelf?
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#135  Postby LucidFlight » Nov 07, 2018 8:40 am

You think God makes mistakes? No. Sometimes, God wants to experience losing track of oneself.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Charley
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#136  Postby newolder » Nov 07, 2018 8:43 am

jamest wrote:...

There was no diversion there as what I had to say was entirely relevant to the "explanation for this shit". I mean, the 'shit' in question is caused by ignorance, so what I had to say over there addressed some portion of this ignorance. :nono:

Who is "I" here? Is it jamest or someone else with access to that account?

The attempt at diversion is that you (jamest) went to an unrelated topic to discuss the subject matter of this topic, there. Rather than spread your (jamest's) shit all over the forum, post the "entirely relevant" to this topic parts you (jamest) posted in the wrong topic, here.

I'll start you off -

jamest: God's explanation for this (something yet to be defined) but that's definitely caused by ignorance is...
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#137  Postby Cito di Pense » Nov 07, 2018 11:46 am

Thommo wrote:Some days visiting Ratskep feels like unpaid volunteer work at the asylum.

It feels like every thread I open is filled with this insane, inane ranting about how some unspecified argument has already been made (and when you check it hasn't) how great and right the promoter of that (absent) argument is and how all counterpoints have been refuted.

That's because the insane, inane ranting is easier than making an argument.

What's more mysterious is how the reliance on claiming to have made an argument is enough to validate anything, including the premise of the argument, which is why I think the stated premise is secondary at best, but surely not least.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#138  Postby jamest » Nov 10, 2018 12:29 am

What do you want to know? Forgive me for not writing a 100K-word retort to any of the shit here, but that's not going to happen here. These are the limitations of forum life, I'm afraid. I mean, if you go and ask someone how to build a house, the details might probably entail more pages than The Bible, all things considered, yet for some insane reason you're all expecting me to address the OP of this thread within one relatively-short post.

You dicks need to grow the fuck up, which is not an invite to start wanking-off again.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#139  Postby Thommo » Nov 10, 2018 12:34 am

Nobody is expecting much of you, to be honest.

Personally I wasn't even expecting you to maintain that weird affectation of third person speech. So it is no great disappointment to me that you haven't managed it - despite even third rate fiction writers accomplishing this on a daily basis.

I think what you promised, in somewhat bathetic fashion, was "God's explanation for this shit", whether in more words than it would take to explain how to build a house (although spoiler - that isn't longer than the bible) or not. Some participants would have settled for a simple definition of what "this shit" that is going to be explained is, or perhaps, even more modestly what you even think an "explanation" is to begin with.

Alas, we are all to be disappointed. If unsurprised. Drunken-seeming internet ramblings based on half-baked preconceptions and weird fiat declarations fail to deliver again.

PS: Colossally amused that you've managed to combine a weird little make believe "I'm talking for god/everyone" cosplay/playdate session with a prescription that you don't like childish behaviour.
Thommo

Print view this post

#140  Postby jamest » Nov 10, 2018 12:45 am

Thommo wrote:Nobody is expecting much of you, to be honest.

Personally I wasn't even expecting you to maintain that weird affectation of third person speech. So it is no great disappointment to me that you haven't managed it - despite even third rate fiction writers accomplishing this on a daily basis.

I think what you promised, in somewhat bathetic fashion, was "God's explanation for this shit", whether in more words than it would take to explain how to build a house (although spoiler - that isn't longer than the bible) or not. Some participants would have settled for a simple definition of what "this shit" that is going to be explained is, or perhaps, even more modestly what you even think an "explanation" is to begin with.

Alas, we are all to be disappointed. If unsurprised. Drunken-seeming internet ramblings based on half-baked preconceptions and weird fiat declarations fail to deliver again.

PS: Colossally amused that you've managed to combine a weird little make believe "i'm talking for god/everyone" cosplay/playdate session with a prescription that you don't like childish behaviour.

I've just issued an ultimatum in another thread*. Don't put yourself forward. I'm looking for sincere debate.

*http://www.rationalskepticism.org/general-chat/which-undiscovered-scientific-theory-do-you-look-forward-to-t47081-120.html#p2661941
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy