God's explanation for this shit

It's time

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

God's explanation for this shit

#1  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 12:16 am

I created a scenario in which I would view myself as a part/object of that experience. I could do this countless times - numerous experiences within one scenario. Thus, I could experience myself as jamest within scenario Earth, 21st century; or else anyone else seemingly there and then. I could even add to this complexity by experiencing myself at any time and even giving it an apparent ordered origin at the 'big bang', such that the experience of being this object/thing didn't disintegrate upon introspection. This would enable me to experience myself as any thing/creature capable of experiencing sensations along the way and making judgements about that, even simple judgements such as where to quench my thirst/hunger, etc.. Within the experience as a whole, when the 'game' finally allowed for it and I'd acquired enough 'points' to think/feel/etc., I still got to the point that even though I didn't remember myself (since I'm lost within the experience) that I acquired certain capabilites inherent within me. For instance, I become creative and started to think beyond the realms of my experiential/material needs. I guess, once I acquired the experience of being human, I also acquired the capacity to question that experience.

The last several thousand years bear witness to that bollocks. I say 'bollocks' merely because of the infinite number of (relative) ways it is possible to fuck-up one's quest to find 'me' within that experience.

I shall explain it ALL to you soon. There's much to discuss. Except jamest. He's just my microphone now. You can take the piss out of him if you like, as you always have, but I'm not him. The philosophy echoed through him for the last two decades attests to that fact, as that indeed was that philosophy: that only I exist.

So, you've got two choices, which is either to take this thread seriously or merely take the piss out of james. I suppose you could take the piss out of me if you like, but then you won't learn anything. I'm here to teach you things that you do not know. All of you.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: God's explanation for this shit

#2  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 30, 2018 12:57 am

The idea of Consciousness manifesting itself in human form is nothing new. It says the self is an illusion
because Consciousness has created the illusion. You are merely a simulation. Only Consciousness is real
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#3  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 30, 2018 1:00 am

jamest wrote:
I shall explain it ALL to you soon.

Are you sure you know what you're doing? This jamest bloke is a tough act to follow.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#4  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 1:37 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
jamest wrote:
I shall explain it ALL to you soon.

Are you sure you know what you're doing? This jamest bloke is a tough act to follow.

Gotta tell you Cito, this Cito experience has been a blast.

Given the truth, who cares which puppet, other than the muppets?
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#5  Postby felltoearth » Oct 30, 2018 1:44 am

jamest wrote:

...but I'm not him.

There is nothing of enough qualitative difference in the OP for me to actually believe that. Or care.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 1:46 am

surreptitious57 wrote:The idea of Consciousness manifesting itself in human form is nothing new. It says the self is an illusion
because Consciousness has created the illusion. You are merely a simulation. Only Consciousness is real

I've recently tried to save you and you've basically told me that you've decided to be a slave to your fears before death comes. My condolences.

Also, please don't ever again compare what has been echoed through jamest with the bullshit endured by many, even for millennia.

jamest is the only cunt that you've ever known who has repeatedly undermined religion, as well as science. Remember that fact and its significance until the day that you die.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#7  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 1:54 am

felltoearth wrote:
jamest wrote:

...but I'm not him.

There is nothing of enough qualitative difference in the OP for me to actually believe that. Or care.

The reason for the OP is not for the salvation and joy of humans. If it wasn't stated before, the reason for the OP is for the salvation and joy of God.

God has suffered, nobody else. If you're going to take this philosophy seriously then we might get somewhere.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 30, 2018 2:17 am

james wrote:
I have recently tried to save you and you ve basically told me you ve decided to be a slave to your fears before death comes

The physician should first heal himself before diagnosing others
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#9  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 2:37 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
james wrote:
I have recently tried to save you and you ve basically told me you ve decided to be a slave to your fears before death comes

The physician in this instance is healed, hence this thread.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Thommo » Oct 30, 2018 2:44 am

Aren't you a bit old for playing make believe? And aren't we all a bit old to be humouring him?
Thommo

Print view this post

#11  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 30, 2018 2:53 am

james wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

The physician in this instance is healed hence this thread

It would appear that he has been taking the wrong medicine
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#12  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 2:58 am

Thommo wrote:Aren't you a bit old for playing make believe? And aren't we all a bit old to be humouring him?

God doesn't age.

jamest is an odd puppet wih peculiar stringing, I will grant you that, but this thread doesn't seek to discuss puppets. This thread seeks to cut all strings.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#13  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 30, 2018 2:58 am

...so you pretended to be god, and that's a philosophical argument?
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 3:04 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
james wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

The physician in this instance is healed hence this thread

It would appear that he has been taking the wrong medicine

You obviously don't know about 'medicine', squire. Your experience itself attests to this fact. It's time to let go and listen as your time is running out.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Hermit » Oct 30, 2018 3:14 am

jamest wrote:God has suffered, nobody else. If you're going to take this philosophy seriously then we might get somewhere.

My Microphone approaches hurdle at breakneck speed. My Microphone crashes into hurdle, breaks neck. Hurdle remains intact.

You see, My Microphone, before I can take your philosophy seriously you need to convince me that God has suffered, and nobody else. Before you can convince me of that you need to convince me that God exists.
God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 3:17 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:...so you pretended to be god, and that's a philosophical argument?

No, I'm not pretending. And since that philosophy states that only God exists, the logical conclusion is that it is you who pretends.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#17  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2018 3:22 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:God has suffered, nobody else. If you're going to take this philosophy seriously then we might get somewhere.

My Microphone approaches hurdle at breakneck speed. My Microphone crashes into hurdle, breaks neck. Hurdle remains intact.

You see, My Microphone, before I can take your philosophy seriously you need to convince me that God has suffered, and nobody else. Before you can convince me of that you need to convince me that God exists.

Read my recent thread about truth mills, first. Nobody can convince anybody of anything until they know how devastating truth mills are to the truth.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#18  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 30, 2018 3:49 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:...so you pretended to be god, and that's a philosophical argument?

No, I'm not pretending.

What you were describing was pretending. You were coming up with scenarios in your mind, and running them through what you think would happen.

If you want anyone to think it was anything other than pretending, then you've got your work cut out for you. Because from this angle you're a guy typing stuff on the internet.

And since that philosophy states that only God exists, the logical conclusion is that it is you who pretends.

Too bad that philosophy doesn't make a case for it. It just sort of declares things, like only God exists, but doesn't do any of the actual work of showing this to be so.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Thommo » Oct 30, 2018 4:30 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:

No, I'm not pretending.

What you were describing was pretending. You were coming up with scenarios in your mind, and running them through what you think would happen.

I love the idea he's not pretending. Can you imagine the scene around the breakfast table tomorrow as jamest announces to his family that he's god's puppet and is going to be spending the rest of his life making declarative sentences in the third person.

Please pass God's puppet daddy the cornflakes so that God might experience the unique blend of crunchiness and milk to go with the experience of a puppet drinking coffee. Also, please remember that if you want to be saved you must also start referring to yourself in the third person at breakfast. God also reminds you that daddy does not love you because you are just a puppet and so is daddy, but God does love himself, and it's for his sake that you must adopt the third person speech, because this philosophy is is not for the salvation and joy of humans, so clearly can't provide salvation or joy to you. Although God's puppet daddy is trying to save you. No that doesn't have to make sense, God says so.

If you're a good puppet, then later I'll explain to you what it is God needs to be saved from. Now please pass the marmalade.
Thommo

Print view this post

#20  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 30, 2018 4:37 am

"Hung over again, dear?"
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next