Good countries

The ones who do the most good in the world

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Good countries

#21  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 10, 2014 10:21 am

Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
HughMcB wrote:
Equality of in utero life, equality of bigotry towards minorities, and of course equal opportunity raping of boys.....

take your pic!

Nailed it!
I'm surprised any of the other posters here had to ask why Ireland shouldn't be number one on equality. That is one nation that is utterly ass backwards on equality in so many areas.

Name them?

Can you not read? Are you unable to scroll up?

That is unique to Ireland? I don't think so.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:23 am

Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
HughMcB wrote:
Equality of in utero life, equality of bigotry towards minorities, and of course equal opportunity raping of boys.....

take your pic!

Nailed it!
I'm surprised any of the other posters here had to ask why Ireland shouldn't be number one on equality. That is one nation that is utterly ass backwards on equality in so many areas.

Name them?

Get the fuck out you judgemental bollox. Things are quite good over here.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 10, 2014 10:25 am

Animavore wrote:Get the fuck out you judgemental bollox. Things are quite good over here.

A damn sight better than many a country.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:25 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:That is unique to Ireland? I don't think so.

So fucking what if it is not unique to Ireland. How the fuck is that relevant?
Ireland's attitude towards female bodily autonomy is shocking medieval. There are plenty of countries in Europe, including the UK, that are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of equality. Same with respect to attitudes towards, and rights conferred on, homosexuals, transgender individuals and other minority groups.

Heck, it was recently announced in Ireland that for any sort of discussion that was pro-abortion in the media, a counterpoint argument must be put forward in the name of "balance."

The nation is still mired in the wisdom of pointy hatted medieval trolls.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#25  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:27 am

Animavore wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

Nailed it!

Name them?

It is ok for Ireland to be judged as "good" but not to face any criticism? Get the fuck out with your hypocritical bollox!
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby Made of Stars » Dec 10, 2014 10:27 am

laklak wrote:Mordor.

Let's not make this another thread about the USA, 'kay? :whistle:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:28 am

Sendraks wrote:

Ireland's attitude towards female bodily autonomy is shocking medieval. There are plenty of countries in Europe, including the UK, that are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of equality. Same with respect to attitudes towards, and rights conferred on, homosexuals, transgender individuals and other minority groups.

Heck, it was recently announced in Ireland that for any sort of discussion that was pro-abortion in the media, a counterpoint argument must be put forward in the name of "balance."

What has abortion got to do with equality? Also, we have rather good attitudes towards the rights of homosexuals etc. We had civil unions before many other European countries, including Britain, and will undoubtedly have gay marriage pretty soon.

You're fucking ignorant on Ireland. Your last sentence was uncalled for.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#28  Postby babel » Dec 10, 2014 10:29 am

Animavore wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

Nailed it!

Name them?

I think the objection is more geared towards the fact that they top the list in equality. There are plenty of countries that are 'good' at it, and possibly some that are even 'better'. So the question that many people ask themselves: why is Ireland on top?
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:30 am

Sendraks wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Name them?

It is ok for Ireland to be judged as "good" but not to face any criticism? Get the fuck out with your hypocritical bollox!

Your "criticsm" is just a bunch of insults. The fucking cheek of you calling us "backward".
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:31 am

babel wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Name them?

I think the objection is more geared towards the fact that they top the list in equality. There are plenty of countries that are 'good' at it, and possibly some that are even 'better'. So the question that many people ask themselves: why is Ireland on top?

There was no need for the objection to be coated in anti-Irish sentiment is the problem.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:36 am

Animavore wrote:What has abortion got to do with equality?

You're fucking kidding me right? How about you learn the basics before you lecture me on my views?

Animavore wrote:Also, we have rather good attitudes towards the rights of homosexuals etc.

Not from what I've seen in the media of from my friends who live there. I think you've viewing your nation through rose tinted glasses rather than face reality.

Animavore wrote:You're fucking ignorant on Ireland. Your last sentence was uncalled for.

No. I stand by my views. I am far from fucking ignorant on Ireland, I suggest you get some perspective and stop being so defensive.

Ireland. Number one on equality? Do not make me fucking laugh.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#32  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 10, 2014 10:37 am

Sendraks wrote:

Well if you say so.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:39 am

Sendraks wrote:
You're fucking kidding me right? How about you learn the basics before you lecture me on my views?

No. I'm not fucking kidding you.

Sendraks wrote:
Not from what I've seen in the media of from my friends who live there. I think you've viewing your nation through rose tinted glasses rather than face reality.

Bullshit. You're viewing our nation through the lens of Francis Galton. You Brits don't even realise you're doing it.

Sendraks wrote:
No. I stand by my views. I am far from fucking ignorant on Ireland, I suggest you get some perspective and stop being so defensive.

You are ignorant.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:39 am

Animavore wrote:There was no need for the objection to be coated in anti-Irish sentiment is the problem.

I have no anti-Irish sentiment. So you can stop being a hypocrite again and can your judgemental bollocks.

Being opposed to policies and attitudes is not the same as being opposed to a nation's people.
It'd make things really weird in my friendships with many people over in Ireland who also happen to share my views on their nation.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:40 am

Sendraks wrote:
Animavore wrote:There was no need for the objection to be coated in anti-Irish sentiment is the problem.

I have no anti-Irish sentiment. So you can stop being a hypocrite again and can your judgemental bollocks.

Being opposed to policies and attitudes is not the same as being opposed to a nation's people.
It'd make things really weird in my friendships with many people over in Ireland who also happen to share my views on their nation.

Yes it is anti-Irish sentiment. It smacks of British bigotry. You're only one step away from callin us a bunch of potato eating idiots.

"Oh, I have friend who are Irish". Lol.
Last edited by Animavore on Dec 10, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:41 am

Animavore wrote:No. I'm not fucking kidding you.

Then go educate yourself. Because your understanding is massively deficient in this area.

Animavore wrote:Bullshit. You're viewing our nation through the lens of Francis Galton. You Brits don't even realise you're doing it.

I'm viewing the nation through the information that is presented to me. And by my friends who live there.

Animavore wrote:You are ignorant.

You're being overly defensive. And hypocritical.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#37  Postby Animavore » Dec 10, 2014 10:42 am

Sendraks wrote:
Then go educate yourself. Because your understanding is massively deficient in this area.

Go fuck yourself.

Sendraks wrote:
I'm viewing the nation through the information that is presented to me. And by my friends who live there.

You're viewing through an anti-Irish lens. As I've said, you don't even realise you're doing it.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

Sendraks wrote:I'm viewing the nation through the information that is presented to me. And by my friends who live there.

Very scientific. Where do these "friends" of yours live?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Sendraks » Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

Animavore wrote:Yes it is anti-Irish sentiment. It smacks of British bigotry. You're only one step away from callin us a bunch of potato eating idiots.

I make a criticism = I'm anti-irish.
This is utter nonsense. If you want to make arguments that are fit only for a playground, I suggest you go to one and have a rant at a five year old. You might get some traction.

Animavore wrote:"Oh, I have friend who are Irish". Lol.

:roll:

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#40  Postby Fallible » Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

:hide:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities