Sexual Orientation and Preference (Homosexuality)

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Sexual Orientation and Preference (Homosexuality)

#21  Postby HughMcB » Feb 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Eduard wrote:No Blip, this guy is from Ireland. He is one of the directors for the Mr Gay World competition :ill:

Make a strategic retreat if he's one of the directors, along the lines of "I respectfully don't agree with you, but I understand that I may have a different take on the meaning of this word other than what you, or others, may perceive. In order to make sure there is no confusion, I (we) will make sure not to use it in the mission statement."

Or summink like that.

PS I apologize on behalf of Ireland for this numpty.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Thommo » Feb 07, 2011 11:08 pm

HughMcB wrote:
Eduard wrote:No Blip, this guy is from Ireland. He is one of the directors for the Mr Gay World competition :ill:

Make a strategic retreat if he's one of the directors, along the lines of "I respectfully don't agree with you, but I understand that I may have a different take on the meaning of this word other than what you, or others, may perceive. In order to make sure there is no confusion, I (we) will make sure not to use it in the mission statement."

Unless Ed or his bf plans on entering in the future, it doesn't really matter what this guys role in this contest is does it?
Thommo

Print view this post

#23  Postby HughMcB » Feb 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Isn't Ed's bf Mr Gay SA?

I presume that means he'll be competing in the World competition next. :dunno:

By the way Ed, any pics. I need encouragement to get my lazy arse to the gym. :lol:
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Thommo » Feb 07, 2011 11:12 pm

HughMcB wrote:Isn't Ed's bf Mr Gay SA?

You're right, I had mistaken the job role for director of the Mr Gay SA contest for some reason. In this case I think it would be probably best just to leave the whole thing well alone.
Thommo

Print view this post

#25  Postby HughMcB » Feb 07, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm all for making a stand, but let's not dick up someone else chance's of succeeding due to some fuckwit not being able to understand the meaning of preference.
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Eduard » Feb 08, 2011 5:53 am

HughMcB wrote:I'm all for making a stand, but let's not dick up someone else chance's of succeeding due to some fuckwit not being able to understand the meaning of preference.

Thanks for the concern guys :hug:
... but I had enough of their bullshit :yuk:

I have problem in principle with this compeition - I often get the distinct feeling that things are occuring behind the scenes on the organiser's side that are at best blurry when it comes to right and wrong. The one manager (let's call him Event's manager) told my bf on one occassion after he won last year that he should hold events, charge people for it and then say 10% goes to charity. After receiving the money, he suggested that my bf keeps 5% and just donate the remaining 5% to charity. :?

On a seperate occasion there was a discussion about my airfare to the Mr World competition in Phillipines. After I made a small fuss about the airfare being so expensive, the Events manager said he can get my flights sponsored. Now after his previous unethical remark and the fact my airfare can be sponsored when I brought it to people's attention leaves me very skeptical of the integrity of these organisers.

Beyond that, Catholic Guy Director is very opposed to words like secular or atheism. His bullshit tirade against scientific professions and the inanity of calling a term such as sexual preference as offensive and derogatory was the last straw for me.

You wouldn't believe how sly these guys are. They even suggested that we get married this year (we can legally marry in SA) and sell our marriage photos to a trashy celeb magazine to get publicity. :yuk:

So in conclusion, I'd prefer if my bf withdrew from any further participation of this competition.
-Ed

"Together we'll pull through. We are the strong, the brave, the few"
Eduard

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Eduard » Feb 08, 2011 5:57 am

HughMcB wrote:Isn't Ed's bf Mr Gay SA?

By the way Ed, any pics. I need encouragement to get my lazy arse to the gym. :lol:

PSssst! :shhh:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/fun-games/pictures-of-thee-part-2-t3113-3660.html#p686756
-Ed

Eduard

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#28  Postby virphen » Feb 08, 2011 6:23 am

On the other hand Ed, at least it seems that the corruption of pageant organisers is constant, irrespective of the gender or sexual orientation of the contestants. Corruption does not discriminate!
virphen

Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby Thommo » Feb 08, 2011 6:24 am

Yeah, but no, srsly, how does your boyfriend feel about world peace?
Thommo

Print view this post

#30  Postby Eduard » Feb 08, 2011 6:35 am

Oh I forgot that one (world peace), yeah he thinks it's bullshit (I force him to watch Penn & Teller with me, somebody needs to give the poor boy an education) :tehe:

Surprisingly, the question about World Peace never came up in anybody's interviews. The one question they loved asking was "do you believe in monogamy?" :doh:

"Why yes I love monogamy, it's my faith and core belief - we worship Monogamy every night." -> This is why I should never enter these competitions
-Ed

Eduard

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Eduard » Feb 08, 2011 7:05 am

virphen wrote:On the other hand Ed, at least it seems that the corruption of pageant organisers is constant, irrespective of the gender or sexual orientation of the contestants. Corruption does not discriminate!

Yes I think the corruption going on is nothing more serious than your run of the mill beauty pageant, but I wouldn't participate in something like that :shifty:

Wait, so if corruption does not discriminate, is that a left-wing agenda? :lol:
-Ed

Eduard

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities