Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#321  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 11:21 am

A very interesting video about millennials:

Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#322  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 11:53 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:A very interesting video about millennials:


I think you posted this in the wrong thread perhaps?
Anyway:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#323  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 12:05 pm

The amount of horseshit and misunderstanding of statistics in the video Scot posted is staggering btw.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#324  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:The amount of horseshit and misunderstanding of statistics in the video Scot posted is staggering btw.


In what way?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#325  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Too close to home? I found it very accurate.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#326  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:The amount of horseshit and misunderstanding of statistics in the video Scot posted is staggering btw.


In what way?

Correlation = causation fallacies, for example with regards to people who use FB more are more depressed.
Treating Millenials as one homogenous group, wich they are not.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#327  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:The amount of horseshit and misunderstanding of statistics in the video Scot posted is staggering btw.


In what way?

Correlation = causation fallacies, for example with regards to people who use FB more are more depressed.
Treating Millenials as one homogenous group, wich they are not.


Maybe being part of the group does make things hazy. It happens all the time with generations. I was the '60's generation. We are now into the Snowflake generation. Of course there are exceptions but the general trend is there.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#328  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:The amount of horseshit and misunderstanding of statistics in the video Scot posted is staggering btw.


In what way?

Correlation = causation fallacies, for example with regards to people who use FB more are more depressed.
Treating Millenials as one homogenous group, wich they are not.


Maybe being part of the group does make things hazy.

Quite the opposite, it makes it easier to see the differences between yourself and your group of friends, in relation to other groups of peers.

Scot Dutchy wrote: It happens all the time with generations. I was the '60's generation. We are now into the Snowflake generation. Of course there are exceptions but the general trend is there.

No, there really isn't and if you watch the video I posted you''ll see that the same charges levelled at millenials and the youngest generation were also levelled at your generation and those of my parents and their/your parents.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#329  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Dont see that. Every generation is different. Disagree with his arguments. Of course not 100% will be the same but in the passage of time every generation is affected differently and I think Simon Sinek is much closer.

I dont agree being part of the group makes it easier. Being outside looking in is a better position.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#330  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont see that.

With all due respect, your personal ignorance is irrelevant.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Every generation is different.

You need to present evidence that 'generations' exist as anything beyond artificial social constructs.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Disagree with his arguments.

They're not just arguments Scot, he presents evidence that your parents considered you generation the same entitled lazy no-goods. As did their parents etc.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Of course not 100% will be the same but in the passage of time every generation is affected differently and I think Simon Sinek is much closer.

I dont agree being part of the group makes it easier. Being outside looking in is a better position.

It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#331  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Sorry that is your opinion. I have seen more generations than you have and what I have seen with the millennials is not really enthralling and the snowflakes are no better. If you cant see generation differences when it is so obvious well what evidence would change anything.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#332  Postby SpeedOfSound » Jan 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont see that.

With all due respect, your personal ignorance is irrelevant.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Every generation is different.

You need to present evidence that 'generations' exist as anything beyond artificial social constructs.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Disagree with his arguments.

They're not just arguments Scot, he presents evidence that your parents considered you generation the same entitled lazy no-goods. As did their parents etc.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Of course not 100% will be the same but in the passage of time every generation is affected differently and I think Simon Sinek is much closer.

I dont agree being part of the group makes it easier. Being outside looking in is a better position.

It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


I'm certain that everyone under thirty is an entitled lazy no-good. Also that they are blind to the fact.
User avatar
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator
 
Posts: 32093
Age: 73
Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#333  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


You are acting just like a millennial. Just proves the point.

Of course you cant see it.
Last edited by Scot Dutchy on Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#334  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

SpeedOfSound wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont see that.

With all due respect, your personal ignorance is irrelevant.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Every generation is different.

You need to present evidence that 'generations' exist as anything beyond artificial social constructs.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Disagree with his arguments.

They're not just arguments Scot, he presents evidence that your parents considered you generation the same entitled lazy no-goods. As did their parents etc.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Of course not 100% will be the same but in the passage of time every generation is affected differently and I think Simon Sinek is much closer.

I dont agree being part of the group makes it easier. Being outside looking in is a better position.

It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


I'm certain that everyone under thirty is an entitled lazy no-good. Also that they are blind to the fact.

Uh-hu, just like you parents generation was certain that you and your peers were entitled lazy no-goods and you are blind to the fact.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#335  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


You are acting just like a millennial. Just proves the point.

You know what they say about claims asserted without evidence ...
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#336  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


You are acting just like a millennial. Just proves the point.

You know what they say about claims asserted without evidence ...


There a plenty of observations about different generations. Is yours any different? No ofcourse not. As I said making these assertions is simply being your generation.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#337  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


You are acting just like a millennial. Just proves the point.

You know what they say about claims asserted without evidence ...


There a plenty of observations about different generations. Is yours any different? No ofcourse not. As I said making these assertions is simply being your generation.

Circular reasoning at it's finest. Not to mention the continued refusal to acknowledge the facts that contradict your position.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 34
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#338  Postby SpeedOfSound » Jan 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
SpeedOfSound wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Dont see that.

With all due respect, your personal ignorance is irrelevant.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Every generation is different.

You need to present evidence that 'generations' exist as anything beyond artificial social constructs.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Disagree with his arguments.

They're not just arguments Scot, he presents evidence that your parents considered you generation the same entitled lazy no-goods. As did their parents etc.

Scot Dutchy wrote: Of course not 100% will be the same but in the passage of time every generation is affected differently and I think Simon Sinek is much closer.

I dont agree being part of the group makes it easier. Being outside looking in is a better position.

It's not. Being outside the group means you lack experience of being part of that group.
A problem that is made worse by people like Sinek making wild generalisations based on the very limited contact they've had with supposed 'millenials'.


I'm certain that everyone under thirty is an entitled lazy no-good. Also that they are blind to the fact.

Uh-hu, just like you parents generation was certain that you and your peers were entitled lazy no-goods and you are blind to the fact.

Just the other day my mom said "Damn! I thought you were bad but these god damned millennials!"
User avatar
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator
 
Posts: 32093
Age: 73
Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#339  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

You are acting just like a millennial. Just proves the point.

You know what they say about claims asserted without evidence ...


There a plenty of observations about different generations. Is yours any different? No ofcourse not. As I said making these assertions is simply being your generation.

Circular reasoning at it's finest. Not to mention the continued refusal to acknowledge the facts that contradict your position.


What facts?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 75
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
 
Birthday
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#340  Postby laklak » Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm

All generations prior to mine were old fuddy-duddies, all generations after are lazy moochers. It is known.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 69
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest