Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

Anthropology, Economics, History, Sociology etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#361  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm

SpeedOfSound wrote:So why wouldn't you be friends with a pedophile? If it's an incurable birth condition then we have a handicapped individual and I see no reason to stand in judgement. If it is, as I think, an addictive paraphilia concerning forbidden things, then it's a condition or sickness and again I see no reason to judge.


Every paedophile I've come across acts like they think there's nothing wrong with paedophilia. I think they're monstrous because of this opinion - it gives me the creeps, and I am not friends with the horrors.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#362  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
SpeedOfSound wrote:So why wouldn't you be friends with a pedophile? If it's an incurable birth condition then we have a handicapped individual and I see no reason to stand in judgement. If it is, as I think, an addictive paraphilia concerning forbidden things, then it's a condition or sickness and again I see no reason to judge.


Every paedophile I've come across acts like they think there's nothing wrong with paedophilia. I think they're monstrous because of this opinion - it gives me the creeps, and I am not friends with the horrors.

And you've met how many paedophiles exactly? Out of the worldwide population.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 32
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#363  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Enough to notice a pattern. There's also the fact I don't think people are attracted to things they think are very wrong indeed.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#364  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Enough to notice a pattern. There's also the fact I don't think people are attracted to things they think are very wrong indeed.

This is just a rewording of your already refuted appeals to personal ignorance and incedulity.
Repeating them won't make them any less fallacious and silly.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 32
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#365  Postby PensivePenny » Jan 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
PensivePenny wrote:No you can't regret your actions... that implies you have a choice.


"It is regrettable the tide came in and drowned the tourists."

There is no sense of guilt, or blame in the above statement, just a big :nono: at the way the cookie crumbled.


Moving the goalpost? You said Eric showed no signs of "remorse," which is regret for wrongdoing"... not that a cookie crumbled. That it seemed to shock you, one who purportedly believes we have no control of our actions, is what I find shocking.
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1693
Age: 59
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#366  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Then I shouldn't have used the word remorse. My bad.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#367  Postby Fallible » Jan 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Enough to notice a pattern. There's also the fact I don't think people are attracted to things they think are very wrong indeed.


Yes, the 'fact' there is that you think this. The 'fact' is not the thing you think. That is the 'bollocks'.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#368  Postby PensivePenny » Jan 09, 2017 7:44 pm

That I can accept, KiR, but I still see in the post I referenced initially that you had some expectation of Eric to have done something other than what he did. It seems to me, one who holds true that one hasn't the ability to choose their actions, would have simply accepted that Eric behaved in exactly the way he was 'programmed' to and therefore, not even noticed lack of demonstration of any expectation, whatever that expectation might have been.
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1693
Age: 59
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Eric Pepke

#369  Postby BWE » Jan 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:Alternatively, if some motherfucker actually exists that gets sexual gratification from seeing a photo of a naked girl with half her skin burnt off, I will volunteer to remove the burden of further existence from said motherfucker.

Don't you think it's kinda ridiculous to decide a person needs to die based exclusively on their sexual fantasies, however disgusting they might be? What kind of thought police bullshit is this?


Anybody who gets off on such images is a disgusting human being. If you do not judge people based on their mind then what do you judge them on? The colour of their skin perhaps?

I find it hard to blame people for the way they got wired. I do not, however, find it hard to agree with/pass laws protecting children.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2585

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#370  Postby Fallible » Jan 09, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm still sceptical about this 'every paedophile I've come across' line. Under what circumstances has KIR come across a (n unspecified) number of them? How does he know? Under what circumstances would paedophiles make themselves known as paedophiles in normal day-to-day life? Why would they? I only know because it's partly what they come to see me about in my professional capacity. I've no idea how many paedophiles I've come across in my normal non-work life. Sorry, doesn't add up.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#371  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 8:21 pm

2. Throwawayaccount and epepke. In one case the anonymity of the internet showed truth, in the other case imprisonment for his crimes. Sure, a paedophile seeking to live in society might well say they find paedophilic acts morally repugnant (they have to) but secretly they think they are all well and good.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#372  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Keep It Real wrote:2. Throwawayaccount and epepke. In one case the anonymity of the internet showed truth, in the other case imprisonment for his crimes. Sure, a paedophile seeking to live in society might well say they find paedophilic acts morally repugnant (they have to) but secretly (in some cases) they think they are all well and good.

:picard:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 32
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#373  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 8:31 pm

:picard: yourself Thomas. Your autistic tendencies are fully evident.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#374  Postby Fallible » Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Keep It Real wrote:2. Throwawayaccount and epepke. In one case the anonymity of the internet showed truth, in the other case imprisonment for his crimes. Sure, a paedophile seeking to live in society might well say they find paedophilic acts morally repugnant (they have to) but secretly they think they are all well and good*.


So 'every paedophile I've come across' equals a grand total of two people. Two people you've never even met. One of whom expressed knowledge that what he did and desired to do was wrong (in this instance you just waved that away by claiming he wasn't telling the truth*), and one of whom denies the premise of the crime.

Again, for emphasis - 'every paedophile I've come across' equals two people. You base your claims of paedophiles as a whole on two people.

* How would you like it if I did this to you, by the way? KIR might say that he finds paedophiles abhorrent, but secretly he admires them and wishes he was more like them? How's that?

Do you understand what an unfalsifiable claim is?

Fucking hell, I bet even most paedophiles know when it's time to stop digging.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#375  Postby Fallible » Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Keep It Real wrote::picard: yourself Thomas. Your autistic tendencies are fully evident.


Again? Just low. :nono:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#376  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Keep It Real wrote::picard: yourself Thomas. Your autistic tendencies are fully evident.

What do you think you'll accomplish with pointless invective like this?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31091
Age: 32
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#377  Postby archibald » Jan 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Fallible wrote:Fucking hell, I bet even most paedophiles know when it's time to stop digging.


Oooh. Unfortunate mental image alert.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald
 
Posts: 10298
Male

Country: Northern Ireland
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#378  Postby tuco » Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Keep It Real wrote:2. Throwawayaccount and epepke. In one case the anonymity of the internet showed truth, in the other case imprisonment for his crimes. Sure, a paedophile seeking to live in society might well say they find paedophilic acts morally repugnant (they have to) but secretly they think they are all well and good.


Lets assume this is real situation. What is wrong with them to think they are all well and good, as long .. as they do no harm? This is important, they do not harm.

We've debated this before, with Shrunk for example, that we can imagine that CGI, in some distant future, will be able to satisfy some pedophiles up to the point that they would pose minimal threat to society. They would feel good, society would also feel good and CGI do not care. What is wrong with this?
Last edited by tuco on Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuco
 
Posts: 15854

Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#379  Postby Fallible » Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

archibald wrote:
Fallible wrote:Fucking hell, I bet even most paedophiles know when it's time to stop digging.


Oooh. Unfortunate mental image alert.


:? :whistle:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Spinoff from the Eric Pepke thread - pedophiles

#380  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 09, 2017 8:41 pm

imo Fallible and Thomas Eshuis, you're paedophilia enablers, both of you. You say they think paedophilia is deeply wrong, yet they do it anyway. They need be disabused of this notion. You should be sanctioned by the board admin.
Dinosaurs = atheism
User avatar
Keep It Real
Banned User
 
Posts: 9341
Age: 40

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Social Sciences & Humanities

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest