Check Your Privilege 'obviously a colossal pile of twat'

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Check Your Privilege 'obviously a colossal pile of twat'

#1  Postby HomerJay » Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

THE requirement to ‘Check Your Privilege’ before saying anything is one of the most obviously toss-ridden things yet, experts have confirmed.

The concept, invented by the same people who think Hugo Chavez was an absolute delight, requires that before you express an opinion you ask yourself whether you have a right to do so.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “Jesus fucking Christ on a bike.”

According to the Guardian’s Guide to Privilege Checking, the concept is the latest funky, hi-tech way to shut down opinions you dislike without making it too obvious that is exactly what you are up to.

Julian Cook, professor of embarrassing undergraduate ideas at Roehampton University, said: “The Guardian is now just a student newspaper run by angry but enthusiastic 19 year-olds.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3060570924

Inspired by Hadley Freeman's piece

It is easy to mock privilege-checking, with its inferences of loony leftiness and pulsating liberal guilt. Yet it's just as easy for certain media figures to forget that theirs is not the only voice that matters. Ultimately, a well-meaning reminder to listen to other people occasionally has been turned into an angry cliche through misunderstanding, mockery and overuse. Maybe it's time for the phrase itself to check its privilege.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... lege-means
For me, the value of a climb is the sum of three inseparable elements, all equally important: aesthetics, history, and ethics

Walter Bonatti 1930-2011

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand" - Steven Wright
HomerJay

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Check Your Privilege 'obviously a colossal pile of twat'

#2  Postby Loren Michael » Jun 06, 2013 7:02 am

The concept of privilege seems reasonable and useful to me.

Its overuse by leftist hippie fucks seems to lend itself to the notion that fucking morons are very capable of ruining reasonable and useful things.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

Re: Check Your Privilege 'obviously a colossal pile of twat'

#3  Postby Blackadder » Jun 06, 2013 9:57 am

Some people really need a good firm smack in the mouth. Check your privilege, my fucking arse.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Sociology