Islamic schools

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Islamic schools

#1  Postby Clive Durdle » May 10, 2014 8:37 am

My uncles told my mother: 'You are a non-Muslim, you became a Christian, because your girls are studying abroad.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... kidnapping

Anyone know why Muslims want Islamic schools? Are there underlying beliefs that secular education is haram, that girls should not be educated, but hey we will compromise and get something as close to a maddrassah as possible where they don't actually do anything except learn the koran off by heart in a foreign language.
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Islamic schools

#2  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2014 8:46 am

Clive Durdle wrote:
My uncles told my mother: 'You are a non-Muslim, you became a Christian, because your girls are studying abroad.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... kidnapping

Anyone know why Muslims want Islamic schools? Are there underlying beliefs that secular education is haram, that girls should not be educated, but hey we will compromise and get something as close to a maddrassah as possible where they don't actually do anything except learn the koran off by heart in a foreign language.

The same is true is it not of Europeans in eastern countries or even muslim countries demanding xtian schools.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Clive Durdle » May 10, 2014 8:48 am

Maybe there is something here generisable to all religious schools. What religious schools really are are attempts to control thinking, by magical means, by invoking various gods to purify and propagandise learning. In Britain, our form of vaccination, the c of e school, is pretty mild and arguably "mostly harmless" but is it?

I am not clearly seeing arguments that religious schools automatically compromise education. Maybe ofsted should automatically downgrade them one grouping?
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2014 9:00 am

Clive Durdle wrote:Maybe there is something here generisable to all religious schools. What religious schools really are are attempts to control thinking, by magical means, by invoking various gods to purify and propagandise learning. In Britain, our form of vaccination, the c of e school, is pretty mild and arguably "mostly harmless" but is it?

I am not clearly seeing arguments that religious schools automatically compromise education. Maybe ofsted should automatically downgrade them one grouping?

The educational curriculum should be strictly applied and schools should be held to account for the levels achieved. Any religious input should be second place and not conflict with the curriculum and not be part of it either.

That is why the last islamitic school closed here last year. Mind you committing fraud with exam papers did not help.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5  Postby juju7 » May 11, 2014 11:21 am

Scott is suspended?

This is ridiculous.
juju7
Banned Sockpuppet

South Africa (za)
Print view this post