Twitch.tv

Should women tell these women to be cool?

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Twitch.tv

#21  Postby newolder » Jan 26, 2019 3:20 pm

LucidFlight wrote:I couldn't figure out what game any of them was playing. One was stroking a microphone. Very confused.

Should I let jamest know? :ask:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 3:21 pm

felltoearth wrote:
felltoearth wrote:It’s a gaming channel not a webcam sex site.

There is nothing that woman is wearing that isn’t acceptable in public. Is it acceptable to walk up to a woman in public who is showing cleavage and say “show me your boobs?”

You seem to have missed this question Tuco.

I have not. I just dont see how its relevant to the topic and thus will not .. you know the drill with energy.

If you would watch the channels you would notice that "show boobs" - perhaps bobs or b00bs as "boobs" is censored by Twitch (lol like it solves anything but hey they surely know better than I do) -, is not being banned by the streamers, sometimes deleted but "show feet" for example I have never seen deleted. So how is it not acceptable, for the streamers? They could ban everyone asking them to show boobs or feet or comment on their looks, right?
tuco

Print view this post

#23  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 3:22 pm

tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
felltoearth wrote:It’s a gaming channel not a webcam sex site.

There is nothing that woman is wearing that isn’t acceptable in public. Is it acceptable to walk up to a woman in public who is showing cleavage and say “show me your boobs?”

You seem to have missed this question Tuco.

I have not. I just dont see how its relevant to the topic and thus will not .. you know the drill with energy.

If you would watch the channels you would notice that "show boobs" - perhaps bobs or b00bs as "boobs" is censored by Twitch (lol like it solves anything but hey they surely know better than I do) -, is not being banned by the streamers, sometimes deleted but "show feet" for example I have never seen deleted. So how is it not acceptable, for the streamers? They could ban everyone asking them to show boobs.

So this is a pointless thread. Bye.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#24  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Bye :)
tuco

Print view this post

#25  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 3:32 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
tuco wrote:
Lets do it again and for me the last time

Women in question dress half naked in order to get viewers who get them money

Number one : you dont actually know if they dress the way that they do just to get money off viewers

Number two : you do however claim not to have a problem with it so can you please make up your mind

I do not need to know and if it makes you feel better I can reformulate:

Women in question dress half naked and they attract viewers who get them money because they are half-naked.

Sure, they could be half-dressed because of I dunno .. they feel comfortable .. and by unforeseen coincidence attract comments like "show boobs" but personally I find that unrealistic and their motives seem to be quite clear.

---
edit: you know nothing about Twitch, surreptitious57, right? IMO its important to know what is being talked about, then form an opinion, but I am nice sometimes so I will try to explain, for example here:

One of the biggest complaints Twitch receives from viewers and many streamers is the sexually suggestive content found in the IRL section. Often referred to as “bikini streamers” and other, more vulgar terms, these streams tend to feature women wearing low-cut shirts while playing games and engaging with people in the chat. Phrases like “squats for subs,” which refer to the streamer performing a series of squats in front of the camera for more subscribers, are among the activities that Twitch hopes to address with its new guidelines.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/8/169886 ... ation-bans

So it is for fact there are women who produce what is being seen as sexual content. We do not know why are they doing it but we know its sexual content. Can we agree on this? Ok we can.

Now sexual content can, due to its sexual nature, attract toxic masculinity. Can we agree on this? Ok we can.

Now toxic masculinity is not cool and should be banned. Can we agree on this, for the sake of argument? Ok we can.

But it's not getting banned by the women streamers. Not sure about you, but my conclusion is that they prefer such toxic masculinity to not having a number of viewers. How cool is that?
Last edited by tuco on Jan 26, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tuco

Print view this post

#26  Postby BlackBart » Jan 26, 2019 3:33 pm

tuco wrote:
If you would watch the channels you would notice that "show boobs" - perhaps bobs or b00bs as "boobs" is censored by Twitch

Shit. There goes my idea for a Blue footed Booby Simulator. :nono:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Or a version of Angry Birds with Crested Tits.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby BlackBart » Jan 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Plan B is a game called Show me your Cat

Once I've thought of a catchier title of course. :ask:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:21 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/ciklonica is live right now, so those unfamiliar can see for themselves. Today its not dancing half naked but cosplay.

From her Streamfest profile, Google translated

Dossier
In the past, a promotional model, a student and just a beauty, as well as a fitness instructor. Now a streamer-cosplayer, appearing in front of its viewers in vivid images (and sometimes without them in the dreams of subscribers).
Streaming: earlier HS and WoW (for the SMOrc horde). Now more often you can chat with her for life and watch her dancing at Twitch (they did not take Nika on TNT). If walking along the street, you will see a number of corpses with rolled necks, you know, Nick passed by. Behind her doll appearance lies a weighty share of self-irony, love for South Park and endless respect for Russian rock.

http://streamfest.ru/speaker/ciklonica/

Write her: show boobs and see what happens.
tuco

Print view this post

#30  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 4:24 pm

BlackBart wrote:Plan B is a game called Show me your Cat

Once I've thought of a catchier title of course. :ask:

I had a similar problem with a game called "Flip the Bean." It was a physics based game using mexican jumping beans.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:25 pm

Bye?
tuco

Print view this post

#32  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm

tuco wrote:

http://streamfest.ru/speaker/ciklonica/

Write her: show boobs and see what happens.

Why would I do that when I wouldn't do any such thing in a similar situation IRL?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#33  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:28 pm

To see that it's acceptable to her. If it would not you would get a ban. One click away for her.
Last edited by tuco on Jan 26, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuco

Print view this post

#34  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 4:28 pm

tuco wrote:To see that it's acceptable to her.

But I don't find it acceptable.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#35  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm

felltoearth wrote:

I dont really care what acceptable for you but ok. The question was if its cool and if not whether other women should tell her its not, just like men in the Gillette ad.
tuco

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm

tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

I dont really care what acceptable for you but ok. The question was if its cool and if not whether other women should not tell her its not just like men in the Gillette ad.

So what you are asking is, in the context where two people agree it's acceptable to show their privates, is it acceptable?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Evolving » Jan 26, 2019 4:33 pm

tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

I dont really care what acceptable for you but ok. The question was if its cool and if not whether other women should tell her its not, just like men in the Gillette ad.

I conjecture that some of them almost certainly do. Women can be very judgmental towards other women.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#38  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:33 pm

felltoearth wrote:
tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

I dont really care what acceptable for you but ok. The question was if its cool and if not whether other women should not tell her its not just like men in the Gillette ad.

So what you are asking is, in the context where two people agree it's acceptable to show their privates, is it acceptable?

No. I wrote the question in OP and in the post you quoted.
tuco

Print view this post

#39  Postby tuco » Jan 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Evolving wrote:
tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

I conjecture that some of them almost certainly do. Women can be very judgmental towards other women.

I would guess so yes, and as a trend? Should women put pressure on women who produce sexual content and profit from toxic masculinity?
tuco

Print view this post

#40  Postby felltoearth » Jan 26, 2019 4:37 pm

tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
tuco wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

No. I wrote the question in OP and in the post you quoted.

And given your comments since I have refined it. What's so hard about this with you?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Sociology