Why can't we have a utopia?

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Why can't we have a utopia?

#41  Postby Reeve » Dec 14, 2012 1:48 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Utopia is like absolute zero or the speed of light. No matter how close you get to it, you still think society sucks compared to what it could be.

We have it a thousand times better than our predecessors and we still complain and wonder if it is right to bring children into this horrible world of ours.

Fuck it. It doesn't get better than this.

:roll: I'm thinking about the global scale here. Why don't you go and ask somebody who doesn't have any clean water or food to drink whether they think that they're living in a utopia?
Cito wrote:Reeve is a daily reality for girls. I don't know what this implies.

archibald wrote:I don't take Reeve seriously. I don't think he takes himself seriously.
Reeve

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Dec 14, 2012 1:50 am

A Utopia would be pretty fucking boring. Not saying we shouldn't try, the chaos we are currently in is not sustainable, the fun has to end one day or it will be ended for us.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#43  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 14, 2012 1:54 am

Reeve wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:Utopia is like absolute zero or the speed of light. No matter how close you get to it, you still think society sucks compared to what it could be.

We have it a thousand times better than our predecessors and we still complain and wonder if it is right to bring children into this horrible world of ours.

:roll: I'm thinking about the global scale here. Why don't you go and ask somebody who doesn't have any clean water or food to drink whether they think that they're living in a utopia?

I was being tongue-in-cheek, but they would probably say the same thing. Life stinks.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Reeve » Dec 14, 2012 1:57 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Reeve wrote:

I was being tongue-in-cheek, but they would probably say the same thing. Life stinks.

:lol: Ah. Perhaps this is why I shouldn't be up at 2 o'clock in the morning reading posts here?

:think:
Cito wrote:Reeve is a daily reality for girls. I don't know what this implies.

archibald wrote:I don't take Reeve seriously. I don't think he takes himself seriously.
Reeve

Male

Print view this post

#45  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Dec 14, 2012 1:59 am

:D
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Sociology