Avengers Infinity War

SPOILER ALERT !!!

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#101  Postby Sendraks » May 15, 2018 9:35 pm

willhud9 wrote:

Ohh, armchair psychology?

I am not mad. Perhaps you are reading into my posts too much?

Describing what you are doing in your posts is hardly armchair psychology. Just simple factual obersvation based on the content of your posts.

Also at no point did I say you were mad or engage in dishonest speculations about the working of your mind, as you did with me.

Put simply. This is not a case of me reading too much into your posts but, you simply failing to read what I write at all.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby willhud9 » May 16, 2018 12:20 am

Sendraks wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

Describing what you are doing in your posts is hardly armchair psychology. Just simple factual obersvation based on the content of your posts.

Also at no point did I say you were mad or engage in dishonest speculations about the working of your mind, as you did with me.

Put simply. This is not a case of me reading too much into your posts but, you simply failing to read what I write at all.

:yawn:

Your factual observation is false. So your first assertion falls flat.

Also I have not failed to read what you wrote; you are obfuscating the discussion.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#103  Postby willhud9 » May 16, 2018 12:26 am

aban57 wrote:So, back on topic...

There are curently some theories about how the infinity gauntlet works. This page lists a few. And other informations on the movie.

I imagine Thanos believes the gauntlet gives him alone power over the stones but I believe the stones are independent, near sentient creations and thus, like the Ring from LOTR, can choose to act against Thanos or serve a more "worthy" owner.

Again, the scene where Thanos reaches out his gauntlet at Rogers and Rogers grabs the glove with all stones and prevents Thanos from moving that hand look at Thanos' face. He is shocked and confused as to why Roger's is able to hold the gauntlet. It is why he resorts to punching him with his other hand instead of blasting him with all stones.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But it makes sense if the stones are very much capable of sentience and choosing who they serve. Think Age of Ultron and Vision's ability to lift Mjolnir due to the Mind Stone. I think that kind of theme will snake its way into the sequel.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#104  Postby aban57 » May 16, 2018 7:42 am

Well if it's the case, it could give an idea why Thanos is in the Soul Stone at the end. Maybe the stone "called" him there.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 16, 2018 8:10 am

willhud9 wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

:yawn:

Your factual observation is false. So your first assertion falls flat.

Also I have not failed to read what you wrote; you are obfuscating the discussion.

Will, seriously, you're wrong on this. You seem to be stuck in a hostile mode and unable to adress the actual content of posts that disagree with your conclusion.
I speak from experience and this is just an attempt to help you, since I know you can and most often do better.
Last edited by Thomas Eshuis on May 16, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Sendraks » May 16, 2018 8:45 am

willhud9 wrote:
Your factual observation is false.

It is demonstrably not.

This...

willhud9 wrote:You shared your opinion and got pissy when someone said the way you felt about a scene did not make sense.

...is you projecting emotions onto me.

If you weren't projecting, then what were you doing?

willhud9 wrote: you are obfuscating the discussion.

Says the man who ignores what I write and goes off into a fantasy land about what is going on in my head.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#107  Postby Sendraks » May 16, 2018 8:46 am

aban57 wrote:Well if it's the case, it could give an idea why Thanos is in the Soul Stone at the end. Maybe the stone "called" him there.

It would be consistent with the comic.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby Ironclad » May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Dr Strange stopping time to remove the infinity gauntlet from Thanos was one path doomed to failure, as he probably noted during his travels of 14 million timelines. Thanos finds a way to recover it or becomes more motivated and dangerous. Giving Thanos the time stone brings his fall
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks

Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Bahrain (bh)
Print view this post

#109  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Ironclad wrote:Dr Strange stopping time to remove the infinity gauntlet from Thanos was one path doomed to failure, as he probably noted during his travels of 14 million timelines.

That's kind of a cop-out.

Ironclad wrote: Thanos finds a way to recover it or becomes more motivated and dangerous.

That excuse can be given for any questionable action.

Ironclad wrote:Giving Thanos the time stone brings his fall

There's nothing in the film that supports that notion though.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Animavore » May 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Strange should've removed Thanos's head. Game over.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#111  Postby Sendraks » May 17, 2018 6:59 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8jur9m/why_thanos_plan_makes_him_one_of_the_most/

Nicely written piece about what makes the movie Thanos such a great villain.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#112  Postby aban57 » May 17, 2018 7:12 am

Sendraks wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8jur9m/why_thanos_plan_makes_him_one_of_the_most/

Couldn't agree more.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#113  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 17, 2018 7:24 am

Animavore wrote:Strange should've removed Thanos's head. Game over.

That's what I was thinking pretty early in the film. The rest was just me going "Oh, ffs."
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#114  Postby aban57 » May 17, 2018 7:35 am

How ?
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#115  Postby Sendraks » May 17, 2018 7:39 am

Yes. How? and when?

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#116  Postby Animavore » May 17, 2018 7:56 am

aban57 wrote:

How ?

When Mantis had him under. People are talking about Strange should've used his portal to remove his hand like that other fellow. I say he should've removed his head.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#117  Postby Sendraks » May 17, 2018 8:02 am

Animavore wrote:When Mantis had him under. People are talking about Strange should've used his portal to remove his hand like that other fellow. I say he should've removed his head.

That's a fair point.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#118  Postby aban57 » May 17, 2018 8:05 am

I still have a hard time believing he didn't try that in one of the 14 millions scenarios.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#119  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 17, 2018 8:51 am

Sendraks wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8jur9m/why_thanos_plan_makes_him_one_of_the_most/

:lol:
For a second there I thaught it was going to defend Thanos's motivation in the film.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#120  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 17, 2018 8:53 am

Sendraks wrote:Yes. How? and when?

Using one of his portals, similar to the proposed idea of cutting of one of his hands.
Whenever the oppurtunity presented itself.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV