Babylon 5 [SPOILERS]

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Babylon 5

#21  Postby crank » Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

drl2 wrote:
J. Michael Straczynski ("JMS", the writer/producer, is openly atheist, though his writing often deals sympathetically with religious ideas.

I loved it, and I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but he wrote almost all of it (92 of 110 episodes), unheard of in such a large series.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Kytescall » Mar 09, 2010 11:39 pm

Has anyone watched Crusade? I think I've seen the first episode and I found it strikingly similar to Uchuu Senkan Yamato ("Space Battleship Yamato", a Japanese anime from the '70s or '80s): Earth is attacked by aliens, a ship sets out to find a cure within a certain time limit, and the ship in question powers down for a minute after firing its main weapon.
... for doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace. ~ H.P. Lovecraft, Ex Oblivione

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. ~ Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kytescall

Male

Print view this post

#23  Postby Byron » Mar 10, 2010 7:19 pm

I watched Crusade back in the Nineties. A ghost of promise, but destroyed by network meddling. Dead series walking, sadly.

Once a newcomer to Babylon 5 gets past the cheap sets, sometimes clunky dialogue, and a man who wears his hair like a peacock's arse, they'll hopefully find a rich adult fairytale about the battle between order and chaos, played out over five seasons. Well, four and a half, anyway. (To say more on that score would be spoiling, so I won't.) Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas as Londo Molari and G'Kar are the beating heart(s) of the series, and their story is a grand one.

That Mr Morden ...
I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
Kirk, Enterprise

Ms. Lovelace © Ms. Padua, resident of 2D Goggles
Byron

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to The Arts & Entertainment