Corey Haim found dead

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Corey Haim found dead

#1  Postby The_Piper » Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1745014/
Corey Haim was dead Wednesday morning, Los Angeles police confirmed. He was 38. "Mr. Haim was declared dead at 2:15 a.m. at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center [in Burbank, Calif.]," Lt. Cheryl MacWillie of the Los Angeles County coroner's office tells People. "He was transported to the hosptial where he was prounced dead."

Reports say the actor, who had a long history of substance-abuse problems, died from an accidental overdose. An autopsy will likely be performed Thursday, according to MacWillie. Haim was found unresponsive at his mother's Burbank-area apartment. Police Sgt. Michael Kammert said there was no evidence of foul play.

Police Sgt William Mann told the Associated Press that the actor suffered with flu-like symptoms before his death and had obtained over-the-counter and prescription medications. "He could have succumbed to whatever [illness] he had, or it could have been drugs. Who knows?" said Mann. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

Haim shot to fame in the '80s after starring in several teen films, including The Lost Boys, Lucas and License to Drive. Most notably, he collaborated numerous times with Corey Feldman, and the pair were dubbed "The Two Coreys." They starred in an A&E reality show with that name from 2007 to 2008.

But Haim struggled with drug addiction for several years. At one point, Feldman told his friend he would no longer speak to him until he got sober.

That totally sucks, I just realized I liked most of his acting.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Corey Haim found dead

#2  Postby username » Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks for the info, I heard a snippet of this on the radio yesterday and was kind of shocked.

Lost Boys FTW.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it. - Mark Twain
username
Banned Sockpuppet

Female

Print view this post

#3  Postby The_Piper » Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, I haven't seen Lost Boys in forever.
I loved this one :oops: Image
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Varangian » Mar 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Death by drugs is way un-cooler than death by stereo... His line form "The Lost Boys" is a classic.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#5  Postby cateye » Mar 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Varangian wrote:Death by drugs is way un-cooler than death by stereo... His line form "The Lost Boys" is a classic.

I don't want to derail, so please forgive, but that phrase just reminds me of a phrase in Jonny Mnemonic (the short story, not the film): "She killed him through culture-shock."
Don't belong. Never join. Think for yourself. Peace.

cateye

Male

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Return to The Arts & Entertainment