Curvy Women Lingerie Ads Not Allowed

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Curvy Women Lingerie Ads Not Allowed

#101  Postby Forty Two » Jul 09, 2015 3:24 pm

purplerat wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
You don't say! You mean...there are people here who don't listen so well themselves, Thomas Eshuis, and they, Thomas, only want the other party to listen to what they have to say, Thomas? I hadn't noticed.....

Probably because you are too busy digging up old threads to make comments that have nothing to do with the topic itself.

Yes, because posting in old threads is against the Forum Users' Agreement. It's just dirty pool and beyond the pale. Threads have statutes of limitations, and if they go unposted in for too long, then posting in them is to be met with a dog pile of other members barking about how horrible it was to revive the scary "zombie thread." I got that now. The vigilante crew here is on the lookout. Don't any one dare to revive an old thread, and for sure, don't anyone DARE post ANYTHING in ANY thread is that is not directly relevant to and directly addresses the OP. No tangents allowed. No jokes or sidebars. Threads have one stem and under no circumstances can they venture in to any sort of material tangential to the exact topic of the OP. I'm sure that's a rule you've followed in your posting practices, and I'm sure you'll continue.

Don't the rules here suggest that you should report derails and don't the rules discourage discussions on threads about the propriety of other people's posts? How about, when you see someone derailing, report the post as a derail? Or, you could just keep posting about how you don't like what I posted. That''s an option too.
Forty Two

Name: Harcourt Mudd

United States (us)
Print view this post

#102  Postby Forty Two » Jul 09, 2015 3:27 pm

purplerat wrote:So basically your whole point of resurrecting an old thread was because you felt people needed to know that advertisers prefer skinny models to fat models? FFS, if that's all it is then I've been giving you too much credit.

No, that's incorrect.

And, you've given me credit?

Forty Two

United States (us)
Print view this post

#103  Postby purplerat » Jul 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Then what's your point? How about rather than posting pictures that you find cute or funny you actually articulate a position. Who know, that thing that is actually the whole point of this forum existing.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#104  Postby Fallible » Jul 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fallible wrote:

Yes, it's very important that you bring to the fore the really relevant thing here, which is that Thomas Eshuis spelt something wrong. How's your Dutch?

Oh, yes, because Skinny Puppy is the only person who posted something irrelevant to this thread since it was reanimated.... he crossed the line. :lol:

This is me giving you attention. There. All better now?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Forty Two » Jul 09, 2015 4:17 pm

purplerat wrote:Then what's your point? How about rather than posting pictures that you find cute or funny you actually articulate a position. Who know, that thing that is actually the whole point of this forum existing.

I'm not the one who derailed the thread into a discussion of the propriety of my posts. I have at all times been more than willing to discuss the topic. Don't go off pretending now that I'm the one whose wanted this long back-and-forth about how I'm trolling by reviving a thread and posting what I posted. That's all on you and the other vigilantes.
Forty Two

United States (us)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Forty Two » Jul 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Fallible wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Fallible wrote:

Yes, it's very important that you bring to the fore the really relevant thing here, which is that Thomas Eshuis spelt something wrong. How's your Dutch?

Oh, yes, because Skinny Puppy is the only person who posted something irrelevant to this thread since it was reanimated.... he crossed the line. :lol:

This is me giving you attention. There. All better now?

Are you another one upset about the revival of a long dead thread in which you were not participating?

Oh, I'm sooooooo sorry that this thread came back to life and you don't it. Happy? What else would you like?
Forty Two

United States (us)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Fallible » Jul 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Look I'm really sorry, but I can't invest enough in you right now to look up some pictures to post or to respond sensitively to your cries for attention. This will have to do for now.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#108  Postby purplerat » Jul 09, 2015 4:33 pm

You've posted pictures with no context. that's it. Then you've dedicated paragraphs to defending how you are not trolling, yet you can't type one sentence articulating a position relevant to the topic.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#109  Postby purplerat » Jul 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Plain and simple, please explain how this

Forty Two wrote:Image

Relates to this thread or what you think is worth discussing about it.

If you are just looking for a cesspool to dump memes which humor you there are better places on the internet to do so. It should now be abundantly clear that is isn't a site which takes kindly to that type of behavior, aka trolling.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Thommo » Jul 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Fallible wrote:Look I'm really sorry, but I can't invest enough in you right now to look up some pictures to post or to respond sensitively to your cries for attention. This will have to do for now.

Thommo

Print view this post

#111  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jul 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:another one upset

If Fall answered this with a 'yes', and then the rest of us all chimed in and said that we too are 'upset', would that make you happy? Your happiness is, after all, our raison d'être.

And you still are, as someone else pointed out, the only one here going on about anyone being or becoming 'upset' or 'angry'. It's almost as though....

Oh, never mind.
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#112  Postby Fallible » Jul 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Forty Two always talks about how upset other people are for no discernible reason.

In completely unrelated news, isn't it sweet how a budgie will sit in front of a mirror, tapping it and singing to it, thinking its reflection is another budgie?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#113  Postby BlackBart » Jul 09, 2015 6:02 pm

:lol:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#114  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jul 10, 2015 7:11 am

Now we have TWO posters who rely on stupid gifs and images for rebuttals and think they're super smart!
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#115  Postby Sendraks » Jul 10, 2015 9:35 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Now we have TWO posters who rely on stupid gifs and images for rebuttals and think they're super smart!

The stupid gifs and images don't load for me on most of the machines I use to view these forums. So from these posters all I see are posts devoid of worthwhile content and ones where the stupid gifs and images don't load.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#116  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jul 10, 2015 9:40 am

Jealous.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#117  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Now we have TWO posters who rely on stupid gifs and images for rebuttals and think they're super smart!

'A picture is worth a thousand words.'

Oh... and what mystic power(s) are you using to determine the intelligence level of these unknown and mysterious posters you speak of? :ask: The scientific community would welcome your input. :thumbup:
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Sendraks wrote:

The stupid gifs and images don't load for me on most of the machines I use to view these forums. So from these posters all I see are posts devoid of worthwhile content and ones where the stupid gifs and images don't load.

Um... If you can't see them then how would you know that most of them are stupid? :think: :scratch:
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#119  Postby purplerat » Jul 10, 2015 1:24 pm

So you think there's some real substance there Skinny Puppy? Care to share what it is since Forty Two refuses to do so and you've apparently taken up his cause?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#120  Postby Fallible » Jul 10, 2015 1:27 pm

:popcorn:
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to The Arts & Entertainment