Metal

Discuss music related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Metal

#1  Postby LIFE » Mar 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Alright, no metal thread here so I have to :D

Since


Let me introduce you to the wonders of metal, so many gems in there :dopey:

Any questions? Hit me...

Here's something to listen to:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-744BG0kEI[/youtube]

Yes, it's noisy. Yes, it's loud. Yes, it rocks :evilgrin:

Enjoy :cheers:
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
User avatar
LIFE
Site Admin
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Bernhard
Posts: 7152
Age: 38
Male

Country: Germany
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Metal

#2  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Yay! Going to do some digging and will be back to post something real, just bookmarking for the mo'!
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
User avatar
mmmcheezy
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4171
Age: 31
Female

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#3  Postby j.mills » Mar 30, 2010 12:06 am

Not an area into which I am inclined to delve. :shifty: At least not beyond the very accessible, melodic, good-humoured and right-thinking Thunder :thumbup: :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NxKb9r_oA[/youtube]
WordsVoiceLimericky tweets

There is grandeur in this view of life
Where one becomes many through struggle and strife,
But the Mother of Mysteries is another man's call:
Why is there something 'stead of nothing at all?

The Darwin Song Project
User avatar
j.mills
 
Posts: 10269
Age: 53
Male

Country: UK
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#4  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 30, 2010 12:08 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zARg-nFzU[/youtube]
Sepultura featuring the always lovely Pavarotti.
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
User avatar
mmmcheezy
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4171
Age: 31
Female

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#5  Postby LIFE » Mar 30, 2010 12:09 am

mmmcheezy wrote:Yay! Going to do some digging and will be back to post something real, just bookmarking for the mo'!


Are you implying mine wasn't real? :D J/k
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
User avatar
LIFE
Site Admin
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Bernhard
Posts: 7152
Age: 38
Male

Country: Germany
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#6  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 30, 2010 12:10 am

LIFE wrote:
mmmcheezy wrote:Yay! Going to do some digging and will be back to post something real, just bookmarking for the mo'!


Are you implying mine wasn't real? :D J/k


Hahaha, no, just that my bookmark post wasn't a REAL post :lol:
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
User avatar
mmmcheezy
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4171
Age: 31
Female

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#7  Postby Varangian » Mar 30, 2010 12:10 am

LIFE wrote:Alright, no metal thread here so I have to :D


Isn't a metal thread a wire? ;)
Image

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
User avatar
Varangian
RS Donator
 
Name: Björn
Posts: 7293
Age: 54
Male

Country: Sweden
Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Metal

#8  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 30, 2010 12:11 am

Varangian wrote:
LIFE wrote:Alright, no metal thread here so I have to :D


Isn't a metal thread a wire? ;)


BOOOO! :thumbdown:






Just kidding, :lol:
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
User avatar
mmmcheezy
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4171
Age: 31
Female

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#9  Postby Ironclad » Mar 30, 2010 12:15 am

mmmcheezy wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zARg-nFzU[/youtube]
Sepultura featuring the always lovely Pavarotti.


Jesus H! Is that for real?
I love Sepultura more than I love the baby jebus, how the fu*% did I miss this? :think:
Funny
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks

Image
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 22217
Age: 16
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Bahrain (bh)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#10  Postby LIFE » Mar 30, 2010 12:18 am

Ironclad wrote:
mmmcheezy wrote:--snip--
Sepultura featuring the always lovely Pavarotti.


Jesus H! Is that for real?
I love Sepultura more than I love the baby jebus, how the fu*% did I miss this? :think:
Funny


It's from a german 'fun' band called JBO. They cover classics and turn them 'funny'.
"If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance" - Derek Bok
"Words that make questions may not be questions at all" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
User avatar
LIFE
Site Admin
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Bernhard
Posts: 7152
Age: 38
Male

Country: Germany
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#11  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 30, 2010 12:20 am

Ironclad wrote:
mmmcheezy wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zARg-nFzU[/youtube]
Sepultura featuring the always lovely Pavarotti.


Jesus H! Is that for real?
I love Sepultura more than I love the baby jebus, how the fu*% did I miss this? :think:
Funny


Whoops, someone beat me to the answer.
I will admit that I didn't know this was a cover--my hubby introduced me to Sepultura, and far as I'm aware, he just downloaded everything he could find :oops:
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
User avatar
mmmcheezy
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4171
Age: 31
Female

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#12  Postby Varangian » Mar 30, 2010 12:28 am

Here's a Great Old One:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_ZE_ib9Wk[/youtube]
Image

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
User avatar
Varangian
RS Donator
 
Name: Björn
Posts: 7293
Age: 54
Male

Country: Sweden
Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#13  Postby Stephen » Mar 30, 2010 2:52 am

I was a huge metalhead growing up.... mostly lost interest but spent a few years addicted to Mastodon, saw 'em 8 times, still love a lot of their stuff. I will post the absolute best:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiOITZHC8I[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqV1U0XJUo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7hl96T78Y[/youtube]

And this cover of The Emerald by Thin Lizzy is probably the hardest rocking song I've EVER heard:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKYbATHHoQ[/youtube]

(No, not too into the last record.)
User avatar
Stephen
 
Posts: 296
Age: 37
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#14  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am

Old school metal! Bay Area Fucking Thrash!!!!!!!!!!!

Exodus, Metallica, Testament, SADUS, Death Angel, Possessed, Death, Heathen, Vio-Lence (machine head for the kiddies) Forbidden, Laaz Rockit, Autopsy, Defiance.........whew now that is a mouth full of fuck'n metal! : :thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_thrash_metal

Learn Live Thrash!

Some other bands that I filmed,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz09BTGK6uY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnTXAj9i_ZM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126WLLK_QaA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgb7q_8jOE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_rriH1KQE[/youtube]



Plus I am sitting on a new years show, New Years Evil at Fat City in San Fransisco. I filmed this with two cams, Testament, Dublin Death Patrol, Laaz Rockit, Dragon Lord. It's tied up with record labels and shit so I can not do anything with it till I get the word. http://img.skitch.com/20100330-kyw43a7g ... n84bi8.jpg

Plus a Forbidden reunion show I am sitting on!

So much metal so little time!
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
User avatar
obscured by clouds
 
Name: Mr. Obscured By Clouds
Posts: 3106
Age: 45

Country: Rainbow Bar
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#15  Postby saggrock » Mar 30, 2010 4:09 am

UP THE IRONS !!!

Iron Maiden will be here in Houston, Tx on the 11th of June. I really can't wait!

Probably the best band ever! :drunk:
"Stay thirsty my friends" - The Most Interesting Man in the World
User avatar
saggrock
 
Posts: 17
Age: 48
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Metal

#16  Postby Stephen » Mar 30, 2010 3:00 pm

obscured by clouds wrote:Old school metal! Bay Area Fucking Thrash!!!!!!!!!!!

Exodus, Metallica, Testament, SADUS, Death Angel, Possessed, Death, Heathen, Vio-Lence (machine head for the kiddies) Forbidden, Laaz Rockit, Autopsy, Defiance.........whew now that is a mouth full of fuck'n metal! : :thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_thrash_metal

Learn Live Thrash!

Some other bands that I filmed,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz09BTGK6uY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnTXAj9i_ZM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126WLLK_QaA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgb7q_8jOE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_rriH1KQE[/youtube]



Plus I am sitting on a new years show, New Years Evil at Fat City in San Fransisco. I filmed this with two cams, Testament, Dublin Death Patrol, Laaz Rockit, Dragon Lord. It's tied up with record labels and shit so I can not do anything with it till I get the word. http://img.skitch.com/20100330-kyw43a7g ... n84bi8.jpg

Plus a Forbidden reunion show I am sitting on!

So much metal so little time!


Haha, I spent 10 years posting on the Machine Head forums. There are some true brothers of yours over there. :lol:
User avatar
Stephen
 
Posts: 296
Age: 37
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#17  Postby Krull » Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Hmm I'm seeing an absence of death metal here, time to sort that out (descending order of brutality):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vP8m1e9R1Y[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcsvPS0t0_U[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqHj9Q8thw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYlqqyaR0Ss[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjw_2ldSKBA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFom-4Lnj9E[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUcFAA1dKPY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAGGFaogNVs[/youtube]
Krull
 
Posts: 188
Age: 31
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#18  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Stephen wrote:

Haha, I spent 10 years posting on the Machine Head forums. There are some true brothers of yours over there. :lol:


lol no offense! I said that cause when Machine Head came out it was only the 14 year olds that were listening to them. :lol:
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
User avatar
obscured by clouds
 
Name: Mr. Obscured By Clouds
Posts: 3106
Age: 45

Country: Rainbow Bar
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#19  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Krull wrote:Hmm I'm seeing an absence of death metal here, time to sort that out (descending order of brutality):


Eeek! Have not heard of those.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8-J4hL7iDM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz80M3aVyjY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15i8k6B5_YU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bc-ZC1EF18[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vl72Gqz1yM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Ty_9AkV6M[/youtube]

:thumbup:
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
User avatar
obscured by clouds
 
Name: Mr. Obscured By Clouds
Posts: 3106
Age: 45

Country: Rainbow Bar
Print view this post

Re: Metal

#20  Postby atrasicarius » Mar 30, 2010 9:25 pm

NEEDS MOAR METAL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6OzPzoYhzU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVGUjSHQmlA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlvagChFNdA[/youtube]
ImageImageImage
The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.
Einstein

In a society that has abolished all adventures, the only adventure left is to abolish society.
The Black Iron Prison
User avatar
atrasicarius
 
Posts: 1090
Age: 28
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest