sinead o'connor overdose?

apparently receiving medical attention after being found

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

sinead o'connor overdose?

#1  Postby UncertainSloth » Nov 29, 2015 9:30 pm

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: sinead o'connor overdose?

#2  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 30, 2015 2:13 am

facebook post preceding the overdose:

There is only so much any woman can be expected to bear. What was done to me this week was appalling cruelty. By my husband, my family, by St Pats and by An Gardai Siochana, by my son, Jake and by Donal Lunny and Angela singleton, by my son's girlfriend, his friends... after everything I've been put through and been forced to go through alone .. And punished for having to go through since I had the surgery on August 26th. Or since Shane became unwell in March, This week has broken me. The withholding of my babies from me without any sound reason by their fathers, Frank and Donal, and by Jake and the rest of my family, is a horrific set of betrayals. And has been going on since I had my surgery. The last two nights finished me off. I have taken an overdose. There is no other way to get respect. I am not at home, I'm at a hotel, somewhere in ireland, under another name
If I wasn't posting this, my kids and family wouldn't even find out. Was dead for another fortnight since none of them bother their hole with me for a minute. I could have been dead here for weeks already and they'd never have known. Because apparently I'm scum and deserve to be abandoned and treated like shit just when I've had my womb and ovaries chopped out and my child is frighteningly sick. I'm such a rotten horrible mother and Person, that I've been alone. Howling crying for weeks. And been told by them all t go fuck myself. I'm invisible. I don't matter a shred to anyone. No one has come near me. I've died a million times already with the pain of it. So yeah.. Strangers like me.. But my family don't value me at all. They wouldn't know if I was dead until weeks from now if I wasn't fucking informing them now.
well done guys, you've finally got rid of me. Sorry the penny didn't drop sooner. I'm an idiot. When you planned to get me away from my babies did you plan for me losing my mind over it? It being the final straw? For how you're gonna explain why I died? Make sure you tell the truth. BARRY.. THEY WONT. YOURE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ME OR THE TRUTH. PLEASE STAND FOR ME AND TELL IT. i can't play twister. My children don't care if I live r die anyway. Neither do their dads. Everyone is better off. Never ever do this to a woman again. Let this be your lesson. I survived it when John waters did it.. I can't survive Jake doing it.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#3  Postby kennyc » Nov 30, 2015 2:41 am

Safe apparently...

"Sinead O’Connor has been located safely in Dublin after posting a note on Facebook Sunday, PEOPLE confirms.
..."
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/29/si ... found-safe
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Animavore » Nov 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Front page of the Irish Sun today - "The World Prays for Sinead."

Don't get me wrong, I hope the medical team sort her out and she gets some after treatment, but pray?! What use is that?
She can only help herself if she allows it.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Ironclad » Nov 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Poor kid. It didn't take long for someone to find her, thank goodness.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Shrunk » Nov 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Animavore wrote:Front page of the Irish Sun today - "The World Prays for Sinead."

Don't get me wrong, I hope the medical team sort her out and she gets some after treatment, but pray?! What use is that?

And to day that the world is praying is, well, a bit of an exaggeration.

Isn't she a minister of a church or something?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Animavore wrote:Front page of the Irish Sun today - "The World Prays for Sinead."

Dunno. I lost track of what's she's at a long time ago.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Briton » Nov 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Shrunk wrote:

I guess she's big into Christianity as she has a large depiction of Jesus tattooed on her chest.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 30, 2015 9:40 pm

An RCC bishop, I think, ordained her and was excommunicated as a result due to her being a woman. Her priesthood was of course never recognised by the church.

She believes in Christ, etc. She's just a huge critic of organised religion.

I like her. She's loopy for sure and troubled (don't know if that's mental illness or trauma or both) but I think she's well-meaning and a fundamentally good person with valuable insights and ideas about the world. I hope she gets help.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Briton » Dec 01, 2015 9:55 am

I don't like her but I too hope she gets help.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Nicko » Dec 01, 2015 10:31 am

Doesn't look like that's been her immediate response, judging by this.

I'm not qualified to diagnose people with personality disorders - and even if I were, media reports would not be the way to do it - but if she announced she'd been diagnosed with BPD or similar, I'd be entirely unsurprised.

Pity. Fantastic voice.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#12  Postby laklak » Dec 01, 2015 3:24 pm

That note gave me shivers, my ex-wife could have written it. Nothing is her fault, it's all other people treating her badly. The ex was BPD with a healthy dose of narcissism thrown in for spice.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Return to The Arts & Entertainment