So I'm playing Mass Effect through again

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

So I'm playing Mass Effect through again

#1  Postby Rome Existed » Nov 23, 2011 1:19 am

This game still rocks. Can't wait for the 3rd one next March.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: So I'm playing Mass Effect through again

#2  Postby Aern Rakesh » Nov 23, 2011 1:27 am

It's a WONDERFUL game, which I only know through YouTube Let's Plays and a wonderful complete walkthrough played by this Israeli guy on Insanity level. I only wish you could play it on the Mac.

Do you play as male or female Shepherd? Paragon or Renegade? Who was your love interest? Did all your crew survive in ME2? (Pretty soon I'll be asking if you know the secret handshake...)
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Rome Existed » Nov 23, 2011 1:29 am

I've played it through with both male and female characters. Usually paragon unless the renegade option is just too funny to pass up. Usuing the Asari. Not usually.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Aern Rakesh » Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am

Rome Existed wrote:I've played it through with both male and female characters. Usually paragon unless the renegade option is just too funny to pass up. Usuing the Asari. Not usually.

Oh, dear. Do you do all the upgrades to the ship? I used to skip over those in the videos, but apparently that's crucial for keeping all the crew alive.

And, did you manage to get Kelly to feed your fish?

This is my favourite femshep (known as Juno Shephard):

In the Let's Play I watched with her in the lead the romance was with Garrus, and the dialogue was really funny. You wouldn't think it would work but it did. :lol:
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Wiðercora » Nov 23, 2011 9:08 am

Rome Existed wrote:This game still rocks. Can't wait for the 3rd one next March.

It is totes awesome. I've put in an order for the third, and bought all the important DLC for the second (already have the first's). It'll be next September by the time I get to play it though - I'm in Spain until June, then I'm going to Houston to stay with my girlfriend until the end of August (Texas summer, yes!) whereupon I return to the UK.

I'm not sure if I should power through the first two games, or enjoy them at a leisurely pace.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to The Arts & Entertainment