The worst movies ever made.

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The worst movies ever made.

#241  Postby GreatApe » Oct 02, 2011 8:38 am

This is BY FAR ... the worst piece of shit movie I have EVER seen during my nearly 45 years on the planet. It should NOT be watched by ANYONE ... EVER! Do so at your own peril, and don't say I didn't warn ya'!

The review from TV Guide.com says it all:
A rare, dull disaster film--rare in that Irwin Allen had absolutely nothing to do with it. GRAY LADY DOWN manages to take an interesting subject and transform it into celluloid Valium. There isn't one turn or twist that we haven't seen several times before, so the movie is as suspenseful as a Donald Duck cartoon but not nearly so entertaining. Heston is his usual stoical self as the captain of a nuclear submarine that is teetering, crippled, on a shaky precipice at the bottom of the ocean. If the sub goes over the side, it will sink even deeper, the hull will crack from the water pressure, and all hands will be lost--only about an hour out of Hartford. Keach is put in charge of the rescue operation. Aboard the ship, Harewood, the ship's second officer, goes berserk from the pressure (or was it from Heston's bad acting?). The crew is in radio contact with Keach while Carradine, a retired naval man, and Beatty descend into the depths in Carradine's experimental bathyscape, the Snark. Do we have to tell you whether they live or die? Based on a novel that had to be better than this film, GRAY LADY DOWN lost money at the box office, and rightly so. It is, to coin a term, substandard. If you watch this movie as a comedy, you may laugh a great deal.

--GA
---------------------------------
"Quiero Saber" : Gipsy Kings
GreatApe

Name: GreatApe
Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to The Arts & Entertainment