Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#12001  Postby mindhack » Mar 03, 2018 1:11 am

I don't know Flower. A searched for it, but didn't get any hits on Steam.

However, about "Everything", well:

"Be the Universe in this epic, award-winning reality simulation game - featuring thousands of playable characters, endless exploration, an extraordinary soundtrack and narration from Alan Watts".

Be the universe? Sounds like fun, but it's 15 euro's. :)
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#12002  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 03, 2018 2:15 am

You just sorta fly around collecting petals. Very relaxing. I guess it sorta qualifies as a game since you're actually supposed to do something, but from what I can tell of Everything there's no actual goals. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing!
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12003  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 03, 2018 4:45 am

mindhack wrote:I don't know Flower. A searched for it, but didn't get any hits on Steam.

flower, like flow, was a precursor to journey by thatgamecompany....before the latter, they were more 'experiences' than games but had some purpose...

i've not heard great things about everything, tbh...and the bloody rolling animation of animals put me off...certainly wouldn't spring more than a couple of quid on it but each to their own...
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12004  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 03, 2018 10:40 am

Like a free game called "Cloud". Just drift around.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12005  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 03, 2018 10:55 am

sounds like my life....;)

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12006  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 03, 2018 4:58 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

You just sorta fly around collecting petals. Very relaxing. I guess it sorta qualifies as a game since you're actually supposed to do something, but from what I can tell of Everything there's no actual goals. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing!

Im falling asleep when I play Flower, there are so many likely games on Vita even more relaxing than that take a look at Proteus.

"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#12007  Postby Animavore » Mar 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Have an interesting Civ 5 game going. I've found myself on a wedge-shaped peninsula which is blocked off by mountains at the top of the isosceles triangle and a city state essentially making me an island. There's a city state on each corner, 3 in total, and room for 5 cities between them. Between those city states and myself there's enough luxury resources to keep my population happy. I've just entered the classical era and still haven't met any of the other 3 Civs.

Time to build strong naval, coastal defenses and become an isolationist state I think. I'll take over the city states when they've outlived their usefulness and my happiness can counteract the unhappiness caused by annexing a city for a total of 8 cities.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#12008  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#12009  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 09, 2018 7:46 pm

i love that game....inside was also excellent...

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12010  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Inside looking great too, Now I started this and quite enjoying it.

Holy crap Im just 20 mins away from end :whine:

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#12011  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 11, 2018 4:48 pm

i've had that on my list for a while....keep me updated....

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12012  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Just finished the game with all possible endings because the second arm of the upper V didn't appear although I played it 2 times thinking that I miss something.

Very easy and movie like flowing game. There are just three type of enemies and when you learn how you need to react you can escape easily.

Just my type of the game, play while watching/listening YouTube

There is such an introduction on gamefaq, I wonder if the painting which can zoom are related to game makers.

Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game that draws on my struggles and experiences of dealing with obsessive compulsive disorder and depression. Through eliciting feelings of darkness and despair and drawing on strong metaphorical undertones, I’m seeking to express my feelings of struggling with mental illness through the game.

Next game Knock Knock

Edit knock knock sucks terribly there is no rule, ghosts appearing randomly.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#12013  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 12, 2018 9:14 am

Just down loaded Orwell: Ignorance is Strength chapter two. Waiting for two weeks for it. Now I have to go back and read chapter one. The next chapter is in 3 weeks time. I dont know what they are trying to achieve.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12014  Postby electricwhiteboy » Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am

Still plugging away at KC: Deliverance which continues to up the ante on silly levels of immersion. There’s a quest where you have to bluff your way into a monastery and become a novice monk to track down an NPC hiding there. Of course you have to get up at 4 in the morning for prayers and follow a daily work schedule of transcribing Latin choosing the correct option based on an illuminated page of a codex without prompt or assistance, and crafting ointments. You can put a token effort in for your daily tasks and skip time, but on the other hand you could sit through each prayer session lasting 20 minutes of actual gameplay time, head bowed listening to Gregorian chanting, then sit in the scriptorium churning out page after page. There are a load of side quests specific to the monastery, (gaining access to the cabinet of forbidden books, etc) that will fail when you leave, so you could spend days there.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#12015  Postby Matthew Shute » Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm

I think I'll need a new computer to handle that. In the meantime, after a long hiatus, I've been working my way through Pillars of Eternity again. I've finally got "The Master Below" out of my stronghold, fully upgraded it, and fought off another challenger for the place... and it looks as though I'm just about to catch up to the game's main villain. I haven't even touched any of the White March stuff yet.
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#12016  Postby aban57 » Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

electricwhiteboy wrote:Still plugging away at KC: Deliverance which continues to up the ante on silly levels of immersion. There’s a quest where you have to bluff your way into a monastery and become a novice monk to track down an NPC hiding there. Of course you have to get up at 4 in the morning for prayers and follow a daily work schedule of transcribing Latin choosing the correct option based on an illuminated page of a codex without prompt or assistance, and crafting ointments. You can put a token effort in for your daily tasks and skip time, but on the other hand you could sit through each prayer session lasting 20 minutes of actual gameplay time, head bowed listening to Gregorian chanting, then sit in the scriptorium churning out page after page. There are a load of side quests specific to the monastery, (gaining access to the cabinet of forbidden books, etc) that will fail when you leave, so you could spend days there.

Reminds me of Far Cry 4. At the beginning, after the villain takes you home and offers you a lunch, he goes away and tells you to wait. If you actually do it, and wait for about 15mn in real time, he comes back and you witness a spcial ending, about a half an hour after starting the game :)
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#12017  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Playing and liked this

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#12018  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm

aban57 wrote:
electricwhiteboy wrote:Still plugging away at KC: Deliverance which continues to up the ante on silly levels of immersion. There’s a quest where you have to bluff your way into a monastery and become a novice monk to track down an NPC hiding there. Of course you have to get up at 4 in the morning for prayers and follow a daily work schedule of transcribing Latin choosing the correct option based on an illuminated page of a codex without prompt or assistance, and crafting ointments. You can put a token effort in for your daily tasks and skip time, but on the other hand you could sit through each prayer session lasting 20 minutes of actual gameplay time, head bowed listening to Gregorian chanting, then sit in the scriptorium churning out page after page. There are a load of side quests specific to the monastery, (gaining access to the cabinet of forbidden books, etc) that will fail when you leave, so you could spend days there.

Reminds me of Far Cry 4. At the beginning, after the villain takes you home and offers you a lunch, he goes away and tells you to wait. If you actually do it, and wait for about 15mn in real time, he comes back and you witness a spcial ending, about a half an hour after starting the game :)

yep - remember that...shortest game ever...;_

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12019  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 13, 2018 6:37 pm

aliihsanasl wrote:Playing and liked this

yep, looking forward to that...might use it as a palate cleanser once i finally finish origins...

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12020  Postby electricwhiteboy » Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:That's too bad, I'd figure since Brian Blessed did one of the voices they'd at least be generally passable.

What? Like Flash Gordon? :lol:
[/quote]
And Henry V and Hamlet and King Lear?
[quote]

Finally met his character in game. Was expecting him to be the big shouty bearded Lord, as there of course has to be one in every medieval game, but no he's an engineer you need to help design some siege engines. And not at all loud and chewing the scenery.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games