Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron, Matt8819, Ironclad

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#3001  Postby mraltair » Apr 14, 2012 11:06 am

eu3game+2012-04-14+11-41-50-51.jpg
eu3game+2012-04-14+11-41-50-51.jpg (213.53 KiB) Viewed 735 times

Ireland never lived up to it's potential. :coffee:

Some no-name rebels created a country called USA or something. They lasted two years. I didn't realise I was at war with them for several months.

Love this game.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#3002  Postby Wiðercora » Apr 14, 2012 11:22 am

I know right? Personally I find colonising the Americas too easy; I've started trying to dick around in mainland Europe (something I usually try to avoid as England, because France). I keep trying to annex Gotland so I can project my power to Scandinavia or Eastern Europe but some bugger keeps snaffling it up - usually my vassal, Scotland. Fuckers.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3003  Postby mraltair » Apr 14, 2012 11:27 am

For some reason on this game France was destroyed. Berry, Brittany and Catalunya occupy that space now. When I play a European nation France always becomes an unbeatable superpower.

I've never played as England. Because France. :lol:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3004  Postby Wiðercora » Apr 14, 2012 11:33 am

I have seen some strange games where Burgundy becomes the France of the game. I remember one game where France had been reduced to just Ile-de-France and Normandy, Guyenne and France's other vassals were independent nations (I had Aquitaine).
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3005  Postby MattHunX » Apr 14, 2012 1:15 pm

FreshwaterSeaCowHero wrote:
MacIver wrote:Yeah, I've been reading a few reviews that agree with you Max... I've cancelled the order and got Hitman: Blood Money and Crysis 2 instead.

Crysis 2 is pretty good. The single player is fun, but really only enjoyable once. The multiplayer is very similar to the COD series, except for the cloaking and armor mechanics.

:lol:

I've said this before, but the one thing that made the game instantly enjoyable for me was when I heard "Cloak Engaged". :twisted:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#3006  Postby Wuffy » Apr 14, 2012 5:05 pm

mraltair wrote:

Some no-name rebels created a country called USA or something. They lasted two years. I didn't realise I was at war with them for several months.

Love this game.

WHAT IS THIS AND WHERE CAN I GET IT!?
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3007  Postby mraltair » Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Wuffy wrote:
mraltair wrote:

Love this game.

WHAT IS THIS AND WHERE CAN I GET IT!?

Europa Universalis 3 and it's on Steam or in a games store near you! :grin:

There are loads of expansions and community created mods that help add depth, which is more than sufficient for me as vanilla.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#3008  Postby Wiðercora » Apr 14, 2012 6:43 pm

If you think that's impressive, you see this map here:

You see how a lot of the world is covered in a distinct green hue? That's the Iroquois.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... 5b1353048c
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3009  Postby mraltair » Apr 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow, that guy is good at this game. :shock:

Portugal only has to look at my NA nation and it crumbles.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3010  Postby Death Zebra » Apr 14, 2012 10:26 pm

quixotecoyote wrote:
I never bothered with the storage stash, cause I didn't think it added anything to the game.

I use it to store good equipment for future characters. i'm not really gonna let good items go especially when I've spent shit tons of money

quixotecoyote wrote:As far as returning to town to sell, that's what pets are for. You just load up your pet with the excess baggage, and away it goes.

Even with Pet Mastery I tend to get loot too fast to do that and I wouldn't really wanna waste points on pet mastery anyway. I suppose I could mod to drastically reduce the time it takes for the pet to return from town.
He must be at least KIND of an arsehole. Why would Superman bite him if he wasn't?
Death Zebra

Print view this post

#3011  Postby Matt8819 » Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm

I know it's not a game, but I just bought a Kinect, and...it's really damned cool. All I have to do is turn the xbox on, then unless I want to play a game, I can just say "Xbox, Netflix" and never have to touch a button to control it.
Matt8819

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3012  Postby Matt8819 » Apr 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Plus, Skyrim is getting Kinect support.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_cHKeqe6z8[/youtube]
Matt8819

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3013  Postby mraltair » Apr 15, 2012 9:23 pm

FUUUUCK-roh-dah! :awesome:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3014  Postby SPMaximus » Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm

eve online getting redesigned Stealth Bombers so that the new torpedo launchers/bomb launcher fits on the design :smoke:

Manticore looks awesome
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#3015  Postby Wuffy » Apr 16, 2012 5:22 am

matt8819 wrote:I know it's not a game, but I just bought a Kinect, and...it's really damned cool. All I have to do is turn the xbox on, then unless I want to play a game, I can just say "Xbox, Netflix" and never have to touch a button to control it.

OH good.. Now you can play this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-BGYxHbfwU[/youtube]

:P
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#3016  Postby Matt8819 » Apr 16, 2012 5:29 am

Oh fuck no, I tried the game that came with the Kinect and I didn't enjoy it. I bought it cause I have poor impulse control and wanted to be able to talk to my xbox, cause it feels like star trek.
Matt8819

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3017  Postby MacIver » Apr 16, 2012 5:31 am

Now you need to get doors that go "phush".
Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

- Charlie Chaplin
MacIver

Name: Mr MacIver
Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#3018  Postby Wiðercora » Apr 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Dear Esther. As far as I can tell, you play the part of...someone. The narrator, as far as I can tell has been searching for some kind of...thing (I'm not sure what) and his search has lead him to a Hebridean island. As you navigate your way around the island the narrator narrates his diary entries to you, often prefaced with 'Dear Esther'. The titular Esther is the narrator's wife, lover or friend who,it is implied, is dead.

This game is certainly compelling, despite (or perhaps because) the only controls are movement and zoom. You can't even interact with the world, beyond a flashlight which automatically switches on when the light dims. I've played it for 40 minutes and I've almost shit myself three times so far - it's not even a horror game! Single-handedly makes the case that video games can be art.

Some screenshots:

-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3019  Postby xtraordinaryevidence » Apr 17, 2012 8:50 am

Wiðercora wrote:Dear Esther. As far as I can tell, you play the part of...someone. The narrator, as far as I can tell has been searching for some kind of...thing (I'm not sure what) and his search has lead him to a Hebridean island. As you navigate your way around the island the narrator narrates his diary entries to you, often prefaced with 'Dear Esther'. The titular Esther is the narrator's wife, lover or friend who,it is implied, is dead.

This game is certainly compelling, despite (or perhaps because) the only controls are movement and zoom. You can't even interact with the world, beyond a flashlight which automatically switches on when the light dims. I've played it for 40 minutes and I've almost shit myself three times so far - it's not even a horror game! Single-handedly makes the case that video games can be art.

I can't quite tell from your review but I assume that you recommend that others "play" it? Sounds intriguing.
"I didn't stop the planes from hitting the buildings, but I left a cross in the rubble. You're welcome." - Yahweh
xtraordinaryevidence

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#3020  Postby SPMaximus » Apr 17, 2012 11:36 am

Dear Esther isnt a game

:coffee:
:popcorn:
SPMaximus
RS Donator

Male