What's the last film you watched? (2)

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21661  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Animavore wrote:F. Murray Abraham is in Last Action Hero and Arnie accuses him of killing Mozart. :lol:

Really need to go back and watch that again, it's been decades. I remember there being a lot of funny shit like that. One of the best metal soundtracks ever, too.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12256
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21662  Postby Animavore » Mar 13, 2018 9:36 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Animavore wrote:F. Murray Abraham is in Last Action Hero and Arnie accuses him of killing Mozart. :lol:

Really need to go back and watch that again, it's been decades. I remember there being a lot of funny shit like that. One of the best metal soundtracks ever, too.

At one stage he blows up an ice-cream truck and that long-moustached Asian guy who was in everything back then got an ice-cream cone to the back if the head. Killing him. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 41180
Age: 39
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21663  Postby Seabass » Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Animavore wrote:F. Murray Abraham is in Last Action Hero and Arnie accuses him of killing Mozart. :lol:

Really need to go back and watch that again, it's been decades. I remember there being a lot of funny shit like that. One of the best metal soundtracks ever, too.

At one stage he blows up an ice-cream truck and that long-moustached Asian guy who was in everything back then got an ice-cream cone to the back if the head. Killing him. :lol:

This guy?

Image

I love that guy. Lol, googling "asian henchman" led right to him. Sure enough, he was in Last Action Hero.

Maybe I should watch that movie again...
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”
User avatar
Seabass
 
Name: Typical Macho American
Posts: 2083

Country: Dumpster Fire
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21664  Postby Animavore » Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Of course that guy. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 41180
Age: 39
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21665  Postby thirsting » Mar 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Mute and Annihilation, on netflix today. Both pretty great movies.
Well that was awkward.
User avatar
thirsting
 
Posts: 301
Age: 34

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21666  Postby Animavore » Mar 15, 2018 2:14 pm



A rather intense one to be watching I the cinema on a Thursday morning.

It's like a modern day Taxi Driver. Probably has the most interesting use of soundtrack I've seen a while.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 41180
Age: 39
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21667  Postby scott1328 » Mar 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Joaquin is chunking out lately.
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8074
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21668  Postby aliihsanasl » Mar 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Animavore wrote:

A rather intense one to be watching I the cinema on a Thursday morning.

It's like a modern day Taxi Driver. Probably has the most interesting use of soundtrack I've seen a while.


Years passed but he never had the success of his little brother's short life. River was a true legend, as they say "he was grungy even before the grunge era"
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
User avatar
aliihsanasl
 
Posts: 4848
Age: 39
Male

Country: Turkey
Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21669  Postby Animavore » Mar 16, 2018 1:43 pm

A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 41180
Age: 39
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21670  Postby aban57 » Mar 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Hold on a second, let me wipe that slime on my chin.
User avatar
aban57
 
Name: Cédric
Posts: 5682
Age: 39

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21671  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Gods and Monsters (Clive Barker (Homosexual (relavent) (Hellraiser/Candyman)). No supernatural elements. Totally awesome. Tempted to watch it again straight away as missed loads as fiddling around with other projects throughout as usual. 9.8/10
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
 
Posts: 6646
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21672  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

gods and monsters is an ace film - havent seen it for years
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
User avatar
UncertainSloth
 
Posts: 2837
Age: 45
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21673  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Seabass wrote:
Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Animavore wrote:F. Murray Abraham is in Last Action Hero and Arnie accuses him of killing Mozart. :lol:

Really need to go back and watch that again, it's been decades. I remember there being a lot of funny shit like that. One of the best metal soundtracks ever, too.

At one stage he blows up an ice-cream truck and that long-moustached Asian guy who was in everything back then got an ice-cream cone to the back if the head. Killing him. :lol:

This guy?

Image

I love that guy. Lol, googling "asian henchman" led right to him. Sure enough, he was in Last Action Hero.

Maybe I should watch that movie again...


Isn’t this the guy that ate a snickers bar in Die Hard just before he bit it?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 9365
Age: 51

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21674  Postby Animavore » Mar 17, 2018 4:41 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Really need to go back and watch that again, it's been decades. I remember there being a lot of funny shit like that. One of the best metal soundtracks ever, too.

At one stage he blows up an ice-cream truck and that long-moustached Asian guy who was in everything back then got an ice-cream cone to the back if the head. Killing him. :lol:

This guy?

Image

I love that guy. Lol, googling "asian henchman" led right to him. Sure enough, he was in Last Action Hero.

Maybe I should watch that movie again...


Isn’t this the guy that ate a snickers bar in Die Hard just before he bit it?


He ate a Snickers before he bit it!? :shock:

Is that like swallowing a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille without chewing?
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 41180
Age: 39
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21675  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 17, 2018 10:40 pm

finally saw annihilation today - we both bloody loved it..exactly our sort of film and i was pleasantly surprised as i was half expecting something a bit more pewpewy....
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
User avatar
UncertainSloth
 
Posts: 2837
Age: 45
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21676  Postby willhud9 » Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm

UncertainSloth wrote:finally saw annihilation today - we both bloody loved it..exactly our sort of film and i was pleasantly surprised as i was half expecting something a bit more pewpewy....


Well yay! :) I thought you two would enjoy it!
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
User avatar
willhud9
 
Name: William
Posts: 18622
Age: 27
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21677  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 18, 2018 12:15 am

Admittedly, I quite enjoyed it too. It had a pleasant amount of creepy (with a tinge of "I've taken some acid") and the pace was relaxing. I found the sexy-times bedroom scenes a bit boring, though. Is there some sort of quota films need to meet for sexy-times bedroom scenes or something?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Luv
Posts: 9881
Female

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21678  Postby felltoearth » Mar 18, 2018 1:50 am

Animavore wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Animavore wrote:
At one stage he blows up an ice-cream truck and that long-moustached Asian guy who was in everything back then got an ice-cream cone to the back if the head. Killing him. :lol:

This guy?

Image

I love that guy. Lol, googling "asian henchman" led right to him. Sure enough, he was in Last Action Hero.

Maybe I should watch that movie again...


Isn’t this the guy that ate a snickers bar in Die Hard just before he bit it?


He ate a Snickers before he bit it!? :shock:

Is that like swallowing a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille without chewing?


B2880670-D3CB-4F5B-87E4-6EB613A8C2DE.gif
B2880670-D3CB-4F5B-87E4-6EB613A8C2DE.gif (84.17 KiB) Viewed 239 times
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 9365
Age: 51

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21679  Postby willhud9 » Mar 18, 2018 6:37 am

Justice League:

Was not as bad as people made it out to be. Was it amazing? No. But it was pretty much on par with a good chunk of the Marvel films. It definitely had weird uncanny valley cgi that was more distracting that cool. But its plot was standard DC plot. Everyone hails DC's animated films, but the story and plot for Justice League felt exactly like a plot out of an animated film.

There were a few cringeworthy scenes. Amy Adams and Henry Cavill have no chemistry together as Louis Lane and Superman. Ben Afflex is again not a very convincing Batman nor Bruce Wayne. And I hate that character version of the Flash.

But overall I found it rather enjoyable. It did make me want to see the sequel.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
User avatar
willhud9
 
Name: William
Posts: 18622
Age: 27
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: What's the last film you watched? (2)

#21680  Postby UncertainSloth » Mar 18, 2018 7:00 am

willhud9 wrote:
UncertainSloth wrote:finally saw annihilation today - we both bloody loved it..exactly our sort of film and i was pleasantly surprised as i was half expecting something a bit more pewpewy....


Well yay! :) I thought you two would enjoy it!


\o/
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
User avatar
UncertainSloth
 
Posts: 2837
Age: 45
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests