Which free PS games will you be getting/recommend?

Discuss books, film, tv, music, games and all other arts here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Which free PS games will you be getting/recommend?

#21  Postby Mazille » Jun 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Says so pretty much everywhere. Google is your friend, matey.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#22  Postby akigr8 » Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Mazille wrote:LOL!

Germans don't get WipeOut and Infamous, but instead: Hustle Kings and Super Stardust HD. A pool game and some crappy top-down shooter. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just hope that doesn't mean we get the same shit. :ask:

You scared me there!

Getting the same five to choose from as Ani.

@HughMcB

Look for this at the Playstation.com website:

I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

#23  Postby Animavore » Jun 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Playstation Store back online. Games not available yet.

Right now I'm downloading Infamous 2 and Red Faction: Armaggedon demos.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#24  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Animavore wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Free PS games what?

What?

Nevermind, I figured it out...I didn't know Playstation was offering games for free to make up for their fuckup. Sony certainly didn't tell me anything about it.

Like another poster, I gave up on Infamous after an hour of clunky gameplay and trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to be doing. It's probably telling that I'm a Ratchet & Clank whore, so I'll be picking that one up :dance:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Mazille » Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Funny how it's "their fuckup" when they got hacked. But I won't get into that debate. Won't touch it with a ten foot bargepole.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#26  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Mazille wrote:Funny how it's "their fuckup" when they got hacked. But I won't get into that debate. Won't touch it with a ten foot bargepole.

They allegedly did next-to-nothing to protect sensitive, potentially life-ruining information we customers have given them. If what the hackers say is true, how is it not their fuckup?

Come on, if you're going to comment on it, at least put up a little fight :mrgreen:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Mazille » Jun 02, 2011 11:02 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Mazille wrote:Funny how it's "their fuckup" when they got hacked. But I won't get into that debate. Won't touch it with a ten foot bargepole.

Allegedly doing next-to-nothing to protect sensitive, potentially life-ruining information we customers have given them? If what the hackers say is true, how is it not their fuckup?

Compared to an (alleged) attack by Anonymous - which I don't buy - anything they put up as security measures would have looked futile at best. I'm guessing it would have been just as easy to do the same to any given bank.

SafeAsMilk wrote:Come on, if you're going to comment on it, at least put up a little fight :mrgreen:

I'm not in much of a confrontational mood, to be honest. I didn't want to spark anything. I just found it funny that lots of people think that it was the victim of the attack that fucked up. It just seems silly to me. Yes, they might not have used the latest and "most secure" safe-guards (although I don't know enough about that topic to judge on that) but in the end it was them who were attacked. :dunno:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Animavore » Jun 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Just played the demo of Infamous 2. It was pretty awesome 'til it cut off abruptly as it was heating up.

Wants moars
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#29  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Mazille wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

Allegedly doing next-to-nothing to protect sensitive, potentially life-ruining information we customers have given them? If what the hackers say is true, how is it not their fuckup?

Compared to an (alleged) attack by Anonymous - which I don't buy - anything they put up as security measures would have looked futile at best. I'm guessing it would have been just as easy to do the same to any given bank.

If there is some reasonable question regarding the hacker's claims that they did the crime, and how weak Sony's security is, you certainly have a point. That I believe Sony would use such weak security measures to protect such sensitive information could be saying more about my anti-corporate bias than it does about the issue.

SafeAsMilk wrote:Come on, if you're going to comment on it, at least put up a little fight :mrgreen:

I'm not in much of a confrontational mood, to be honest. I didn't want to spark anything. I just found it funny that lots of people think that it was the victim of the attack that fucked up. It just seems silly to me. Yes, they might not have used the latest and "most secure" safe-guards (although I don't know enough about that topic to judge on that) but in the end it was them who were attacked. :dunno:

I see what you mean, but I'm certainly not saying that the hackers haven't committed a crime, or that they shouldn't be caught and punished for it. But I think that's a separate issue from Sony's indiscretion. It may be that they couldn't have prevented this hack no matter what, but from the information available it seems like they barely tried. At any rate, I feel an ornery arguing streak coming on, so I'll leave it at that :cheers:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Mazille » Jun 03, 2011 12:00 am

Might be you're right. I don't know. I'm no IT security expert. I just can't shake the feeling that people wouldn't blame some flabby, weak bloke for getting beaten up and losing confidential data from his costumers in the process for "not trying hard enough" to protect said data. Yeah, he got flabby and weak because he didn't put the effort into getting ripped but at the end of the day it wasn't his fault he got beaten up. (Although he is a corporate zombie who would buy our souls if he could and managed to piss people off a whole lot. *winkwinknudgenudge* )
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#31  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 03, 2011 12:58 am

Mazille wrote:Might be you're right. I don't know. I'm no IT security expert. I just can't shake the feeling that people wouldn't blame some flabby, weak bloke for getting beaten up and losing confidential data from his costumers in the process for "not trying hard enough" to protect said data. Yeah, he got flabby and weak because he didn't put the effort into getting ripped but at the end of the day it wasn't his fault he got beaten up. (Although he is a corporate zombie who would buy our souls if he could and managed to piss people off a whole lot. *winkwinknudgenudge* )

:lol: Get your paws off my soul, you damn dirty corporate zombie!

If banks carted around their monies in bicycles with baskets instead of armored trucks, I don't know if I would say "they were asking for it", but as their security measures are unreasonable relative to the risk, I would certainly hold them responsible for the loss (or at least feel okay saying "they fucked up"), in addition to believing the robbers should be caught and prosecuted. I doubt either of us would put our money in a bank that we knew was carting it around in such an unsecured fashion, and I'm sure when we put our money in a bank we don't ask them if they use armored trucks, we just assume they do. But same as you, I'm no IT expert, so I couldn't say whether Sony's measures were reasonable or not. They do seem unreasonable from the information available, s'all I'm saying :whistle:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Animavore » Jun 03, 2011 6:28 pm

:awesome: Guess what I just figured out?

If you have multiple PSN accounts you can pick 2 on each and get all 5 games :dance:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#33  Postby HughMcB » Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Nice.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Animavore » Jun 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Now I don't know what to download to play tonight while I download the others as I sleep :scratch:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Animavore » Jun 03, 2011 11:35 pm

I don't know if Sony noticed and put a stop to it but I just went to my 3rd account to download my 5th game and there's no games there.

Another possibility is that because the other games are in my downloads queue it somehow recognises the games. The first four I purchased before I downloaded any because I wanted to check if I could download games on different accounts first.

So make sure you try this. Purchase the games but don't start downloading. Go to your second account and purchase the second two.
If there are no games then they've fixed it.

Remember accounts must be created before April 21st. Creating new accounts is useless
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#36  Postby HughMcB » Jun 04, 2011 1:25 am

Ah dick to that. :sigh:
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Animavore » Jun 04, 2011 6:25 am

The only game I didn't get was the sucky looking one, Dead Nation. The games take ages to download, though. I've only got two and a half in so far. Infamous is twice as big as any of the others. I was hoping to wake this morning to see them all there.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Animavore » Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Just a heads up. I decided to check my fourth account and I had the option to download games. I don't know why the option isn't there on my third account.

Now downloading the fifth and final game :)
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#39  Postby akigr8 » Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Well, Dead Nation was fun. :)
Ratchet and Clank was not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the tip on how to get all the games for free, Ani. :cheers:
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

#40  Postby mattthomas » Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Did you notice that the email from playstation said they're working on another welcome back gift and details will be released once it's confirmed.
mattthomas

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to The Arts & Entertainment