A Genuine Cry for Help

Part 2

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

A Genuine Cry for Help

#1  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm

As continuation of this thread here: Cry for Help.

Recent events have convinced me to start up this new thread, as something else has come up during the last couple of days.

Recap: Losing my faith in Christianity, I'm extremely anxioius and depressed, this is making me think I am hearing (albeit no audible) messages in my mind, telling me I am going to burn in hell forever. I am seeing a psychologist.

I experience two types of 'messages'.

External Dialogue = Borne from my fears and anxiety
This is where I pray for some answers, and I am the one supplying the answers. Of course my 'illness' makes me think otherwise.

Internal Dialogue = From my subconscsious mind
This is when I get seemigly random snatche of phrase/sentences out of the blue, totally unconnected with anything I may be doing or thinking at the time. I've actually encountered these snatches of sentences in the past, and I have spoken to a psychologist who assures me everyone gets them. It's the subconscious mind.

=================================

The 1st Incident
When I was driving home a few nights ago, after dropping my daughter off at work, my mind wasn't really on anything. I was just enjoying the moment of relief I get whenever I drive. Then suddenly, into my mind rose the words 'When you get home...'. That was it. I never actually heard a voice, it was like when you read something from a book and the words/phrase/sentence rises in your mind. 'When you get home...' This is what I call 'internal dialogue'.

I think I mentioned earlier that when I pray I think I am getting replies, replies to questions like 'Am I going to hell?' and replies like 'Yes'. I know it's me having these thoughts though,as it 'feels' like me. If that makes sense. Nevertheless my anxiety and depression make me worry and doubt. This is what I call 'internal dialogue'.

Anyway, I heard/experienced the words 'When you get home...'. So when I eventually got home, I was a bit anxious because I wanted nothing out of the ordinary to occur. I was expecting something though, because of the words 'When you get home...'. I walked in the house and my wife told me my daughter had just phoned from work to tell us she was going to finish an hour later.

So I made the connection between the two 'voices' (again have to stress I never actually heard anything). I got to thinking 'Oh no, perhaps that voice (the 'external dialogue' voice) I thought was my own wasn't my own voice after all. And it is trying to prove that to me that is is some independendt sentient entity by predicting things that are going to happen in the future.' The reasoning behind this is that if it does correctly predict something, it cannot be my voice, and therefore the earlier voice I heard was right about me burning in hell forever. Even though both experiences of voice/dialogue sounded somehow differently (internal v external), I still get scared by it.

The 2nd Incident
I had another, what I call, 'message', and it said something like 'Shower, burn', or 'burn, shower'. Now I am not entirely sure if this message was 'external' (me) or 'internal' (subconscious).

Again, by 'External Dialogue' I mean, because of my anxiety, I am aware of how I am answering my own prayer questions. It fells like me, but in my fear and anxiety, I attributed to something else 'outside of me'.

But this other, what I term; 'internal dialogue', is not me. At least as mentioned, it arises independent of anythng I may be doing or thinking. It just arises, regardless. The 'internal dialogue; feels like, when you read words on a page and they arise/form in your mind? Either way, I'm just not sure that the phrase 'shower, burn' did not come from 'External Dialgogue'.

Anyway, the next morning as I took a shower, guess what happened? Because the washing machine was on downstairs, the water kept going hot and cold and I had to step back or else I would have gotten 'burnt'. So now I am making another connection that this 'voice' is trying to prove to me it is real.

I keep telling myself that it simply a case that my wife had stuck the washing machine on and there was a rational explanation for it. And that if the washing machine was not switched on, and the water still went hot and cold then maybe that would be cause for concern (or then again, would it be? I guess it's how you view it all).

But my problem is, how can these words 'Shower, burn', arise unbidden, not from me, and yet be so close to predicting something in the future? As these messages seem to have occured twice, it makes me think that the possibility of it being just 'luck' and random chance is very unlikely.

But maybe I am just forcing random events to 'fit the prophecy' as it were. A self fulfilling prophecy built upon obscure random snatches of subconscious dialogue arising in the mind. I'm just not sure because 'burn, shower' seems pretty specific. It's not as if I heard the word 'Sky', and I say a bird fly over head. It's like something is trying to tell me something.

It's set me off again and I'm feeling very scared. Why? Because what if this internal dialogue tells me 'I am going to hell'? I don't know what to think.

I know there are hits and misses, and I try to tell myself look at all the other 'internal dialogues' I must have received in the past, and I never attributed them to anything, because I wasn't fixated on anything. And those in the past my have been much closer to the mark concerning predictions.

The 3rd Incident
This happened today, abot an hour ago. I just had the word 'Liverpool' arise in my mind as 'internal' (subconscious) dialogue. I live in the UK and I follow the Liverpool Football team. So now I am worrying that I will hear some kind of news about them on the radio or T.V. This is insane sounding, I know it is. Thing is, they are not playing today, they do not have a game until Sunday, and things have been quiet for a few days, so if I hear something today, I'll start making connections again.

Of course the fact that I have the T.V on a 'sports channel' all day won't enter my irrational mind, and the fact that they do comment on different teams through the day won't register with my irrational mind either. If I did hear someting about 'Liverpool F.C' on a sports channel that would not really mean much, it would in fact be almost expected. This I understand, but for some reason it doesn't register. The mind is a powerful thing indeed.

This occurred about 30 minutes ago:

I cannot believe it. I told you I heard the word 'Liverpool' and I just went downstairs and on the news I heard 'Liverpool FC have a new chairman'. This news was unexpected and out of the blue. We hear nothing about anything for days, I get the internal (subconscious) dialogue 'Liverpool', and I hear news about a new chairman. And that is defintiely not something that happens every week or every year.

The strange thing is, after my full blown panic attack, I'm now feeling a lot more rational about it all. I almost feel calm. It's like my mind has been forced to confront the ludicrous notion of what I believe may be supernatural occurrences. Or is it acceptance, or perhaps the calm before the storm?

Please, what do you think, someone trying to tell me something, or just me making something out of nothing?

Thank you all, I appreciate any comments.

EDIT: Just recently found out my Mother was bi-polar and that it is hereditary.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: A Genuine Cry for Help

#2  Postby trubble76 » Nov 25, 2010 1:47 pm

The threat of eternal torture is a heavy burden on the vulnerable psyche of the average human. Exactly why it has been so successful. I suppose that is what they mean by "god-fearing".

Many people are afraid of the dark when they are children, this usually lessens as the child develops rational thought. Occasionally this fear persists through to adulthood as an irrational fear (phobia). It can be overcome by a combination of determination and if required, professional assistance.
Keep going, Passer, you have nothing to fear but fear itself. When the fear strikes you, take a deep breath, relax and dismiss the fear as part of the "old you".
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 1:51 pm

trubble76 wrote:The threat of eternal torture is a heavy burden on the vulnerable psyche of the average human. Exactly why it has been so successful. I suppose that is what they mean by "god-fearing".

Many people are afraid of the dark when they are children, this usually lessens as the child develops rational thought. Occasionally this fear persists through to adulthood as an irrational fear (phobia). It can be overcome by a combination of determination and if required, professional assistance.
Keep going, Passer, you have nothing to fear but fear itself. When the fear strikes you, take a deep breath, relax and dismiss the fear as part of the "old you".

Thank you for that trubble76.

So you really don't think anything at all about the above remarks?
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby twistor59 » Nov 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Much more striking coincidences happen all the time. I'm really not impressed at all with those 3 scenarios. There is no intelligence speaking to you - just you yourself.

Consider the following. If there was a God, and he wanted to warn you about your eternal fate, why would he choose such a pathetic wishy washy way to communicate with you. It does not make sense. If there was a creator God, he's responsible for creation of your rationality too, so he would surely allow you to make the decisions about whatever determines your eternal fate on rational grounds, not on some silly "message" encoded in everyday events.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby twistor59 » Nov 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh I meant to say - I've never been to a psychotherapist, but I would imagine that a good idea would be to write all this down beforehand and take it with you. You don't want to come out of a valuable session thinking "shit, I wish I'd remembered to talk about that".
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 2:17 pm

twistor59 wrote:Much more striking coincidences happen all the time. I'm really not impressed at all with those 3 scenarios. There is no intelligence speaking to you - just you yourself.

Consider the following. If there was a God, and he wanted to warn you about your eternal fate, why would he choose such a pathetic wishy washy way to communicate with you. It does not make sense. If there was a creator God, he's responsible for creation of your rationality too, so he would surely allow you to make the decisions about whatever determines your eternal fate on rational grounds, not on some silly "message" encoded in everyday events.

A very good point twistor59. I think that makes a lot of sense.

It's quite a humbling experience to have to have other people point out the flaws in your thinking for you.

And if I think about it, these 'internal dialogues' I expereince, do feel like they are coming from within me. And not outside.

Re: Your recommendation to write all this down. Indeed I agree and have gotten to 5 pages of A4 sized documents.
Thank you so much
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby trubble76 » Nov 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Passer wrote:
trubble76 wrote:The threat of eternal torture is a heavy burden on the vulnerable psyche of the average human. Exactly why it has been so successful. I suppose that is what they mean by "god-fearing".

I do, but I didn't want to be overtly dismissive of individual experiences. I wasn't there, I don't know. I do think that there are much more likely explanations that don't require the supernatural though.

trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 2:39 pm

trubble76 wrote:
Passer wrote:

I do, but I didn't want to be overtly dismissive of individual experiences. I wasn't there, I don't know. I do think that there are much more likely explanations that don't require the supernatural though.

Sorry trubble76, I don't quite understand. You do think they are 'something' I should be concerned with, or no you don't think they are something I should be conerned with?

Again, sorry if I am being dumb :oops:
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby NineOneFour » Nov 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Passer wrote:

Not really. Shit like that happens to me too. It's no big deal, man.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#10  Postby trubble76 » Nov 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Passer wrote:
trubble76 wrote:
Passer wrote:

Sorry trubble76, I don't quite understand. You do think they are 'something' I should be concerned with, or no you don't think they are something I should be conerned with?

Again, sorry if I am being dumb :oops:

I don't think these events by themselves are any cause for concern. I think a habit of assigning special importance to coincidences and every day occurances could be problematic. It is well documented that the human brain is surprisingly unreliable, moreso when under stress, even more so when under prolonged stress. From the little I know about you, I would say that prolonged stress isn't a million miles away from describing your situation. I think fear of punishment and the stress it causes is your biggest burden. I think there's a chance the family history of mental health issues is an indicator that your brain might be marginally more vulnerable to start with. You are obviously a reasonable person, you have attempted to use rationality as your weapon, but it seems you need a little help. I think discussing your issues here can help, but you will benefit the most from one-on-one treatment with a trained professional.

trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 3:18 pm

trubble76 wrote:I don't think these events by themselves are any cause for concern. I think a habit of assigning special importance to coincidences and every day occurances could be problematic. It is well documented that the human brain is surprisingly unreliable, moreso when under stress, even more so when under prolonged stress. From the little I know about you, I would say that prolonged stress isn't a million miles away from describing your situation. I think fear of punishment and the stress it causes is your biggest burden. I think there's a chance the family history of mental health issues is an indicator that your brain might be marginally more vulnerable to start with. You are obviously a reasonable person, you have attempted to use rationality as your weapon, but it seems you need a little help. I think discussing your issues here can help, but you will benefit the most from one-on-one treatment with a trained professional.

Thank you for sharing that with me trubble76. And you are right, I am seeing a psychologist soon
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 3:20 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
Passer wrote:

Not really. Shit like that happens to me too. It's no big deal, man.

Thank you NineOneFour, and if I think about it, it may happen to a lot of people. The main thing is the importance certain individuals place on it. If indeed they even recognise it.

I'm afraid I am highly attuned to my mind at the moment. So any 'blip' registers on my utlra powerful radar (my mind) to coin a phrase, immediately gets picked up and scrutinised.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Paul1 » Nov 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Perhaps, as you know your family have a history of psychosis related mental disorders, it might be prevalent to see the doctor and explain your concern about these voices. Consider that your perception of internal voices might be being changed after an event happens in order to make sense of them.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.
Paul1

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Paul1 wrote:Perhaps, as you know your family have a history of psychosis related mental disorders, it might be prevalent to see the doctor and explain your concern about these voices. Consider that your perception of internal voices might be being changed after an event happens in order to make sense of them.

Another good point. I have included a concise history of my childhood upbringing (which was not pretty) to see if that sheds light on the situation.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby DoctorE » Nov 25, 2010 4:55 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbrQI0r1B7w[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby my_wan » Nov 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Passer wrote:As continuation of this thread here: Cry for Help.

Recent events have convinced me to start up this new thread, as something else has come up during the last couple of days.

Recap: Losing my faith in Christianity, I'm extremely anxioius and depressed, this is making me think I am hearing (albeit no audible) messages in my mind, telling me I am going to burn in hell forever. I am seeing a psychologist.

I experience two types of 'messages'.

External Dialogue = Borne from my fears and anxiety
This is where I pray for some answers, and I am the one supplying the answers. Of course my 'illness' makes me think otherwise.

Internal Dialogue = From my subconscsious mind
This is when I get seemigly random snatche of phrase/sentences out of the blue, totally unconnected with anything I may be doing or thinking at the time. I've actually encountered these snatches of sentences in the past, and I have spoken to a psychologist who assures me everyone gets them. It's the subconscious mind.

Yes it's normal for use all, but now it's time for you to choose the dialog and meaning, rather than letting some external religion or mythology do it for you. These choices are the closest thing to freedom we as people have, but they are yours to choose. No sense being nihilistic when you now free to choose you own meaning, instead of a jail created by mythology to provide mening for you.

Passer wrote:=================================

The 1st Incident
When I was driving home a few nights ago, after dropping my daughter off at work, my mind wasn't really on anything. I was just enjoying the moment of relief I get whenever I drive. Then suddenly, into my mind rose the words 'When you get home...'. That was it. I never actually heard a voice, it was like when you read something from a book and the words/phrase/sentence rises in your mind. 'When you get home...' This is what I call 'internal dialogue'.

I think I mentioned earlier that when I pray I think I am getting replies, replies to questions like 'Am I going to hell?' and replies like 'Yes'. I know it's me having these thoughts though,as it 'feels' like me. If that makes sense. Nevertheless my anxiety and depression make me worry and doubt. This is what I call 'internal dialogue'.

Anyway, I heard/experienced the words 'When you get home...'. So when I eventually got home, I was a bit anxious because I wanted nothing out of the ordinary to occur. I was expecting something though, because of the words 'When you get home...'. I walked in the house and my wife told me my daughter had just phoned from work to tell us she was going to finish an hour later.

So I made the connection between the two 'voices' (again have to stress I never actually heard anything). I got to thinking 'Oh no, perhaps that voice (the 'external dialogue' voice) I thought was my own wasn't my own voice after all. And it is trying to prove that to me that is is some independendt sentient entity by predicting things that are going to happen in the future.' The reasoning behind this is that if it does correctly predict something, it cannot be my voice, and therefore the earlier voice I heard was right about me burning in hell forever. Even though both experiences of voice/dialogue sounded somehow differently (internal v external), I still get scared by it.[/quote]

I think I can finish that thought, using the clues you provided here. Notice the relief you mentioned when you drive? The freedom have from the home that ties you down? So "when you get home" this freedom and relief you feel will be gone again. Likely, most of the descisions you've made that has lead to the life you now have was based on forces you never felt you had any real control of. It's time to take some control. Yes it is you answering such questions, and the anxiety you felt was simply the impending loss of relief the drive provided you. The extra "meaning" attached to it was merely something you chose, even it at a subconcious level.

Assign yourself some time to drive into the mountains, or wherever suits you, on a regular basis. I go out in the middle of the night with a flashlight and expolore the life in the creeks for this. Know that the anxiety will return, as it is normal for us to deal with the demands of life, but meaning is something you provide. Naturally any message at all would have had the same effect as your daughter calling. The meaning you choose to attach to events in your life are the most powerful conditioners of your resposes, which defines what you get out of life. It's more powerful than any religion, and coopted by religions to scare people into submission. Choose your own meaning. It doesn't have to have absolute validity in random events that falsely seem to contain certain messages. The message "meaning" you 'arbitrarily' choose then defines your future reactions in such a way that your future responses create your future.

Passer wrote: The 2nd Incident
I had another, what I call, 'message', and it said something like 'Shower, burn', or 'burn, shower'. Now I am not entirely sure if this message was 'external' (me) or 'internal' (subconscious).

Again, by 'External Dialogue' I mean, because of my anxiety, I am aware of how I am answering my own prayer questions. It fells like me, but in my fear and anxiety, I attributed to something else 'outside of me'.

But this other, what I term; 'internal dialogue', is not me. At least as mentioned, it arises independent of anythng I may be doing or thinking. It just arises, regardless. The 'internal dialogue; feels like, when you read words on a page and they arise/form in your mind? Either way, I'm just not sure that the phrase 'shower, burn' did not come from 'External Dialgogue'.

Anyway, the next morning as I took a shower, guess what happened? Because the washing machine was on downstairs, the water kept going hot and cold and I had to step back or else I would have gotten 'burnt'. So now I am making another connection that this 'voice' is trying to prove to me it is real.

I keep telling myself that it simply a case that my wife had stuck the washing machine on and there was a rational explanation for it. And that if the washing machine was not switched on, and the water still went hot and cold then maybe that would be cause for concern (or then again, would it be? I guess it's how you view it all).

But my problem is, how can these words 'Shower, burn', arise unbidden, not from me, and yet be so close to predicting something in the future? As these messages seem to have occured twice, it makes me think that the possibility of it being just 'luck' and random chance is very unlikely.

But maybe I am just forcing random events to 'fit the prophecy' as it were. A self fulfilling prophecy built upon obscure random snatches of subconscious dialogue arising in the mind. I'm just not sure because 'burn, shower' seems pretty specific. It's not as if I heard the word 'Sky', and I say a bird fly over head. It's like something is trying to tell me something.

It's set me off again and I'm feeling very scared. Why? Because what if this internal dialogue tells me 'I am going to hell'? I don't know what to think.

I know there are hits and misses, and I try to tell myself look at all the other 'internal dialogues' I must have received in the past, and I never attributed them to anything, because I wasn't fixated on anything. And those in the past my have been much closer to the mark concerning predictions.

Not sure about this one. I'd have to know a little more context. Shower-burn has many different connotations I can think of. You did appear to recognize as least some of the multitude of context it could appear as it was validated though.

Passer wrote:The 3rd Incident
This happened today, abot an hour ago. I just had the word 'Liverpool' arise in my mind as 'internal' (subconscious) dialogue. I live in the UK and I follow the Liverpool Football team. So now I am worrying that I will hear some kind of news about them on the radio or T.V. This is insane sounding, I know it is. Thing is, they are not playing today, they do not have a game until Sunday, and things have been quiet for a few days, so if I hear something today, I'll start making connections again.

Of course the fact that I have the T.V on a 'sports channel' all day won't enter my irrational mind, and the fact that they do comment on different teams through the day won't register with my irrational mind either. If I did hear someting about 'Liverpool F.C' on a sports channel that would not really mean much, it would in fact be almost expected. This I understand, but for some reason it doesn't register. The mind is a powerful thing indeed.

This occurred about 30 minutes ago:

I cannot believe it. I told you I heard the word 'Liverpool' and I just went downstairs and on the news I heard 'Liverpool FC have a new chairman'. This news was unexpected and out of the blue. We hear nothing about anything for days, I get the internal (subconscious) dialogue 'Liverpool', and I hear news about a new chairman. And that is defintiely not something that happens every week or every year.

The strange thing is, after my full blown panic attack, I'm now feeling a lot more rational about it all. I almost feel calm. It's like my mind has been forced to confront the ludicrous notion of what I believe may be supernatural occurrences. Or is it acceptance, or perhaps the calm before the storm?

Please, what do you think, someone trying to tell me something, or just me making something out of nothing?

Thank you all, I appreciate any comments.

When you consider how likely the event that 'Liverpool FC have a new chairman', it is ideed unlikely. The mistake is in assuming that these are the odds relevant to the justification of the precognition. Many many things are even less likely that still could have happened, but didn't. If I think dart-red square, and throw a dart at a wall with a million red squares. Then the odds of hitting that one particular red square is 1 in a million. Like the red squares, the relevant odds was not how likely Liverpool FC was to get a new chairman, but how likely news on Liverpool, in any context whether team, city, or what, was. Essentially all news is extremely unlikely in specifics, yet it's effectively a certainty in general. Thus applying the evidence of a certain red square odds to the evidence does not follow when one of those million red squares was a near certainty. You have already admitted that it doesn't always come true.

The same sort of thing happens with birthdays. There's only a 1 in 365 chance of two people sharing a birthday. But in a room with only 23 people, the odds two of them share a birthday is 50/50. So finding that shared birthday and saying, wow there was only a 1 in 365 chance of that happening, is true in details but not in general. Likewise for word associations to events without the full context of those words predefined before the event.

Passer wrote:EDIT: Just recently found out my Mother was bi-polar and that it is hereditary.

This is very likely to be the source of the problem. We have developed to give our emotions meaning, which is our form of innateness instead of instinct. So when something biological is imoposing emotions that aren't tied the external events or specific states of mind, they seem to be coming from some external source. Which we then apply meaning to just like we do all emotions. Your fears will of course play a huge role in that meaning, especially since the source seems tied to the very things those fears are based on. See that doctor and be as open as you are with us, and good luck.
my_wan

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 6:57 pm

I read all of your post my_wan and I have to admit you make a lot of sense. I agree totally, and not just because it pacifies me but because it really does put things into a rational point of view. Something I am obviously lacking right now.

I would like to comment on the following post you made:

my_wan wrote:When you consider how likely the event that 'Liverpool FC have a new chairman', it is ideed unlikely.

I agree again. But what is interesting, is that Liverpool Football Club has only recently been taken over by new management. In fact, the Red Sox owner, John W. Henry. So we have known for the last couple of months that we were going to have a new chairman 'any time soon'. I guess if I look at it that way, the announcement of a new chairman wasn't that much of a surprise either. The only surprise was the timing of the event. The same day I had the word 'Liverpool' arise in my mind.

Thank you my_wan. Extremely insightful and very helpful.

EDIT: In discussing all this with my daughter, she informed me (and I know she isn't just making it up) of a similar experience. She told me that a boy's name popped into her head this morning. A boy she has not spoken to or heard of in a long time. Later that same day, her friend in college started talking about the same boy.

So it happens I guess. It's what meaning we attribute to these coincidences which is the telling factor.
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Paul1 » Nov 25, 2010 7:17 pm

My eternal voice tells me this is a bit of a joke...
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.
Paul1

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Passer » Nov 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Paul1 wrote:My eternal voice tells me this is a bit of a joke...

I'm sorry you feel that way Paul1. I can only assure you I wish it was a joke. I am actually seeing a psychologist about it tomorrow
Passer

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Varangian » Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Stephen Fry did a very personal and interesting three-part series on bipolarity last year. Here's a teaser:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkE56eFyk4[/youtube]

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Christianity