What reason could Muhammed Have for claiming prophethood?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What reason could Muhammed Have for claiming prophethood

#201  Postby Shrunk » Apr 24, 2011 3:19 pm

ProudMuslim wrote:lol it's not easy to respond so quick huh? ^^
Doesn't mean you don't know how to respond.

By the way, I died a little bit yesterday, my labtop got a virus :o :shock: I'll get it fixed with in a couple of days though, as of now, I'm on a friends computer.
I'll def. respond to both of them, I just want everyone's response before I reply so I can reply all at once instead of checking to see if I didn't respond to anyone.

Fair enough. Problem is, things might just keep piling up without stopping, or until it becomes unmanageable for you to respond.

Here's something else to consider. You keep claiming that it was a miraculous feat for Muhammad to have recalled the details of a book he himself had written. Yet thousands of people have memorized the Quran word for word, including children as young as six. Are they all prophets? Also, is this person a prophet:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i08oCiIt8Qk[/youtube]
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#202  Postby Oeditor » Apr 24, 2011 6:00 pm

ProudMuslim wrote:I'll let all of the responses pile up before I respond.
Would you mind adding this to the list please?
On the Moderate Muslim thread you said
I follow these hadiths:
Sahih al-Bukhari
Now according to Bukhari 6, 558
Volume : 6
Book : 61
Subject : Virtues of the Qur'an
Narrator : Aisha:

Allah's Apostle heard a man reciting the Qur'an at night, and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such-and-such Suras, which I was caused to forget."
I've rather lost track of whether a prophet must have perfect memory or can be expected to forget things. How does this hadith fit with his prophethood?

As for bad science and loopy sayings in the hadiths, non-muslims should have a look - and a laugh - at Islam Comic Book <NOT SAFE FOR MUSLIMS>http://islamcomicbook.com/</NOT SAFE FOR MUSLIMS> (flagged on account of cartoons of Mo.)
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#203  Postby misterB » Apr 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Is this thread intended as apologia for pedophilia?? 0_0
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

#204  Postby cherries » Apr 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Oeditor wrote:As for bad science and loopy sayings in the hadiths, non-muslims should have a look - and a laugh - at Islam Comic Book <NOT SAFE FOR MUSLIMS>http://islamcomicbook.com/</NOT SAFE FOR MUSLIMS> (flagged on account of cartoons of Mo.)

brilliant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i've downloaded it :dopey:
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#205  Postby Oeditor » Apr 24, 2011 9:34 pm

cherries wrote:
brilliant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i've downloaded it :dopey:
I've only just got round to reading most of it. I see that it's largely citing hadiths from Buhari's collection. What a crock! I fear ProudMuslim has a lot of questions coming up. Just to get things going, do non-Muslims really have six more intestines than non-Muslims (Muslim 5113 says so)?
Oh, and it has a bit to say about how to detect a prophet, too.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#206  Postby ProudMuslim » Apr 27, 2011 11:07 pm

I'd like to remind you guys to please stay on topic ? Right, If u are really interested in my answer , message me, or start a new disucussion with a muslim on here, but try not to bring up new subjects. I can't keep responding to "look at that! Wait wait wait, WHAT'S THIS?!"
If you guys are really interested go look at the muslims point of veiw on muslim websites.

I wanted to say that I might not be able to respond soon because my computer has completly crashed. I don't know when I'll get the time to get it fixed, but as of now, noone please post any new irrelevant topics.
ProudMuslim

Name: ProudMuslim

United States (us)
Print view this post

#207  Postby Shrunk » Apr 27, 2011 11:28 pm

ProudMuslim wrote:I'd like to remind you guys to please stay on topic ? Right, If u are really interested in my answer , message me, or start a new disucussion with a muslim on here, but try not to bring up new subjects. I can't keep responding to "look at that! Wait wait wait, WHAT'S THIS?!"
If you guys are really interested go look at the muslims point of veiw on muslim websites.

I think we all understand the Muslim point of view very well, thanks.

I wanted to say that I might not be able to respond soon because my computer has completly crashed. I don't know when I'll get the time to get it fixed, but as of now, noone please post any new irrelevant topics.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your computer problems. However, I think we'll just keep on writing what we want and ignore your unreasonable demands, 'kay?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#208  Postby Onyx8 » Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Both here and in the real world.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#209  Postby ProudMuslim » Apr 28, 2011 12:25 am

Well, I wont answer all of them :)
Too lazy to write that much.
Understand the Islamic view point? Clearly not, especially if you think muslims believe you guys have extra intestines, but that's for a later discussion. I'm too lazy and yes, not willing, to respond to any new comments after this one that have to do with the arguement you guys already made. Call me what you want, scared, defeated, whimp, lazy is a good word though.
ProudMuslim

Name: ProudMuslim

United States (us)
Print view this post

#210  Postby Shrunk » Apr 28, 2011 12:55 am

ProudMuslim wrote:Well, I wont answer all of them :)
Too lazy to write that much.
Understand the Islamic view point? Clearly not, especially if you think muslims believe you guys have extra intestines,

You do need to work on your understanding of what is written here. Is anyone claiming that Muslims actually believe non-Muslims have six extra intestines? No, of course not. But is that what is claimed in the Hadith? It appears so. So it's up to you, or some other Muslim, to explain how Muslims manage to reconcile this, and why such an absurdity would find its way into the teachings of someone who is supposedly a prophet of Allah.

but that's for a later discussion. I'm too lazy and yes, not willing, to respond to any new comments after this one that have to do with the arguement you guys already made. Call me what you want, scared, defeated, whimp, lazy is a good word though.

No, just busy. I know this is a lot to answer.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#211  Postby Onyx8 » Apr 28, 2011 3:06 am

How come the time (and working computer) can be found to make excuses for not answering the questions you were so proud to claim you could answer, but no time can be found to actually answer them?

I wonder if Allah would be pleased?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#212  Postby LucidFlight » Apr 28, 2011 3:27 am

ProudMuslim wrote:... my computer has completly crashed. I don't know when I'll get the time to get it fixed, but as of now....

Allah doesn't do miracle computer repairs?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#213  Postby talkietoaster » Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am

JayWilson wrote:
ProudMuslim wrote:... my computer has completly crashed. I don't know when I'll get the time to get it fixed, but as of now....

Allah doesn't do miracle computer repairs?

He does but he only has 9 year old parts.
''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.'' - Smart Person at some time.
talkietoaster

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#214  Postby mindyourmind » Apr 28, 2011 8:08 am

No wonder that computer crashed :shock:
So the reason why God created the universe, including millions of years of human and animal suffering, and the extinction of entire species, is so that some humans who have passed his test can be with him forever. I see.
mindyourmind

Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#215  Postby talkietoaster » Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

mindyourmind wrote:No wonder that computer crashed :shock:

9 year old parts and the laptops are powered by the
[Reveal] Spoiler:
collected virgin tears.
''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.'' - Smart Person at some time.
talkietoaster

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#216  Postby Oeditor » Apr 28, 2011 4:55 pm

talkietoaster wrote:He does but he only has 9 1400 year old parts.
Fixed.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#217  Postby ray » Apr 30, 2011 8:14 pm

ProudMuslim wrote:

Muhammed [pbuh] was either a prophet or a false prophet right?
It doesn't matter if his intentions were good or not. Either he was a TRUE prophet, or a fake.
My question is, why would he make up being a prophet? For what reason? What would he get out of it?

False prophets have always existed. They did it for power and money.

But Prophet Muhammad was a genuine Prophet whom God chose to deliver final code to humanity.

Muhammed has been analysied by world's best psychologists and they have concluded that he believed he was telling the truth. He was not lying to others nor to himself. He knew what he said was true. He was quite sincere.

These psychologists do not believe him to be prophet sent by God because they do not believe in God. But they admit that Muhammed was not a liar, not was he insane. He was an honest man. He spoke what he believed to be true and he did what he believed to be right.
Last edited by ray on Apr 30, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#218  Postby Animavore » Apr 30, 2011 8:16 pm

ray wrote:
ProudMuslim wrote:

It doesn't matter if his intentions were good or not. Either he was a TRUE prophet, or a fake.
My question is, why would he make up being a prophet? For what reason? What would he get out of it?

But Prophet Muhammad was a genuine Prophet whom God chose to deliver final code to humanity.

Muhammed has been analysied by world's best psychologists and they have concluded that he believed he was telling the truth. He was not lying to others nor to himself. He knew what he said was true. He was quite sincere.

Evidence.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#219  Postby trubble76 » Apr 30, 2011 8:19 pm

ray wrote:
ProudMuslim wrote:

These psychologists do not believe him to be prophet sent by God because they do not believe in God. But they admit that Muhammed was not a liar, not was he insane. He was an honest man. He spoke what he believed to be true and he did what he believed to be right.

Perhaps you could show us the analysis done by the world's best psychologists? It must be a famous report. Where they muslim psychologists by any chance?
Mo was a cunt and a pedo, so the koran and hadiths say.
Last edited by trubble76 on Apr 30, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#220  Postby Shrunk » Apr 30, 2011 8:19 pm

ray wrote:False prophets have always existed. They did it for power and money.

Muhammed has been analysied by world's best psychologists and they have concluded that he believed he was telling the truth.

And these psychologists had a time machine? Cool!
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam