Debunking claims of "scientific miracles" in the Quran

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Debunking claims of "scientific miracles" in the Quran

#1  Postby Hugin » May 14, 2011 5:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksvQOAC-bp8[/youtube]

Came across this Youtube channel featuring videos that debunks pretty much every claim of "scientific miracles" in the Quran advanced by Muslim con-artists during the latest decades. Could be of interest.
"If there were an Economist's Creed, it would surely contain the affirmations 'I understand the Principle of Comparative Advantage' and 'I advocate Free Trade'." - Paul Krugman
Hugin
Banned User

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Debunking claims of "scientific miracles" in the Quran

#2  Postby Oeditor » May 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Looks very promising but one glimpse of Adnan Oktar aka Yaroun HaHa is enough, until well after I've eaten. Perhaps a suitable task for Sunday :-) We could do to directs paarsurrey here, if he's still standing after z8000783's correction of his claims for the koran's view of evolution that is.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Oeditor » May 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I had a dabble when my tea had settled but YouTube kept dragging me into Islamic apologetics. Is there any easy way of keeping it to the topic of debunking?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Ciwan » May 15, 2011 12:56 am

Subscribed. :)
Arthur: "I'm YOUR king" - Peasant: "Well, I didn't vote for you!"
Ciwan
RS Donator

Name: J
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Hugin » May 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Have now watched a bunch of videos, generally good. Those refuting the claims of miracles in the Quran are better than those refuting Islamic arguments.

Some mistakes I found though was that Armenia is claimed to be a Muslim country, and that some Egyptian records from 3500 BCE predates Muhammad by 5000 years. But overall, very good, and the different musical tracks used are all very fitting for the videos. Unfortunately, the music may dissuade some more pious Muslims to watch...

One question: On the channel page, there is an image of Epicurus to the right? Who is the person to the left?
"If there were an Economist's Creed, it would surely contain the affirmations 'I understand the Principle of Comparative Advantage' and 'I advocate Free Trade'." - Paul Krugman
Hugin
Banned User

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#6  Postby metacristi » May 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Hugin wrote:One question: On the channel page, there is an image of Epicurus to the right? Who is the person to the left?

It's Aristotle. Good choice, the islamic world really need re-hellenization (plus capacity to think way beyond the islam of the last 1400 years) to finally enter Modernity. Thanks for the link.
metacristi

Print view this post

Return to Islam