wow, a woman leading a jumca prayer.

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

#1  Postby Solar » May 24, 2011 12:37 am

Someone fill me in here. This beyond subhanallah. I can't believe i am seeing a woman leading a prayer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44_GTueMm4[/youtube]
Solar
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

Re: wow, a woman leading a jumca prayer.

#2  Postby Alan B » May 24, 2011 7:25 am

Coo! That is really kicking the misogynist bigotry of some Islamic fundamentalists.

I expect some of the die-hard bigots will try to use some sort of violence to end this affront to their 'male superiority'.

Hope this spreads to the UK and other civilised countries.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Solar » May 24, 2011 9:16 pm

A girl had actually an argument with me that a woman can lead a payer, but when said something about kharijites i just stopped debating her. Kharijites. smh. this what she googled i think

"the early years of Islam, however, the Haruriyyah sect, a branch of the Kharijites movement, founded by Habib ibn-Yazīd al-Harūrī, held that it was permissible to entrust the imamate to a woman if she were able to carry out the required duties. In 699 A.D. (77 A.H.), the founder's wife, Ghazāla al-Harūriyya, even led her male warriors in prayer in Kufa after having controlled the city for a day, following the example of Abu Sufyan's daughter Juwayriyya at the battle of Yarmuk[citation needed]. Not only did she lead Muslim men in prayer, she recited the two longest chapters in the Quran during that prayer".
Solar
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#4  Postby Oeditor » May 24, 2011 9:29 pm

This is new to me. Are you saying that these warrior-women were ok to lead men into battle but not into prayer? Or that the whole story is fantasy? More pertinently, since Islam regards women as inferior, why doesn't it just relegate its phantasmogorical rituals to them and let men get on with men's work like killing infidels?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Solar » May 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Oeditor wrote:This is new to me. Are you saying that these warrior-women were ok to lead men into battle but not into prayer? Or that the whole story is fantasy? More pertinently, since Islam regards women as inferior, why doesn't it just relegate its phantasmogorical rituals to them and let men get on with men's work like killing infidels?

This is not about woman leading a battle and not prayers. Woman leading a friday prayer is simply against what is in the quran and the hadith of the prophet.You only understand When you read quran and the hadith that says a woman can only lead a prayer for woman, not man. I'm surprised as i have never seen a woman leading a friday prayers and it is clearly said in the hadith ( the prophets ways) that it is not permissible. My friend in real life had an argument supporting this and normalizing it and she is muslim. That is shocking. people can't follow what they believe.

Can a woman lead a a friday prayer for man is the argument with in the Islamic context Because i'm surprised at how to two people in the same religion have different views. This is not about " woman being inferior" in islam or religion being just fantasy thing.
Solar
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#6  Postby Oeditor » May 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Solar wrote:Can a woman lead a a friday prayer for man is the argument with in the Islamic context Because i'm surprised at how to two people in the same religion have different views.
It happens all the time, old chap. Christians have largely given it up, for the time being, but most religious killings in the Islamic world are Muslim on Muslim. Other religions not being so adept at getting people to blow themselves up on the promise of a bunch of raisins. :crazy:
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Kuia » Jun 02, 2011 3:20 am

Solar wrote: That is shocking. people can't follow what they believe.

:scratch:
Kuia

Print view this post

#8  Postby Alan B » Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am

Solar wrote:That is shocking. people can't follow what they believe.

Oh yeah! And it is shocking that people can't follow their belief that everyone else should believe as they do - or else... :crazy:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby HomerJay » Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

Solar wrote:Someone fill me in here. This beyond subhanallah. I can't believe i am seeing a woman leading a prayer

It's happened in the UK before too.

That was 2008.

It's happened in the USA before too.

That was 2005.

You just sound a bit out of touch with events, are you sure you follow these things closely enough?

It is a surprise to see her bending on her knees, flashing her fanny at the men though, how are these men supposed to pray when they will be thinking about taking her from behind and giving her a good rogering?
For me, the value of a climb is the sum of three inseparable elements, all equally important: aesthetics, history, and ethics

Walter Bonatti 1930-2011

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand" - Steven Wright
HomerJay

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Oeditor » Jun 02, 2011 11:29 am

Perhaps when women are leading the prayers, the men should wear burkhas to restrict their vision and so cool their lust.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Alan B » Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Oeditor wrote:Perhaps when women are leading the prayers, the men should wear burkhas to restrict their vision and so cool their lust.

Or a Holy Jock-Strap...
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam