Iranian Judge Returns Severely Abused 4 Year Old to Abusive

child punishment is legal if it does not lead to a change in the child’s skin color [bruises] …

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Iranian Judge Returns Severely Abused 4 Year Old to Abusive

#1  Postby cherries » Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

i'm truly shocked

Iranian Judge Returns Severely Abused 4 Year Old to Abusive Parents

Thursday 19 May 2011

Iran Human Rights, May 19: A judge in Tehran has decided to hand over Nima, a 4-year-old boy who has been subjected to severe physical abuse, back to his abusive father, reported the Iranian state run news agency ISNA today.

The report said: "Nima is a four-year-old boy in Tehran and the second victim of child abuse [who received media attention] in the past month. Yesterday, and only ten days after he was taken to the Mofid Children’s hospital, he was released and delivered to his abusive father."

"Nima suffered injuries from severe beatings from his parents who burned various parts of his body including his genitals and caused deep bruising around his eyes. He was transfered to the hospital on May 8th. Upon arrival at the hospital, Nima told the staff that his father had burned his body," said the report.

Mostafa Eghlima, the President of the Academic Association of Social Workers in Iran told ISNA, “According to the law, a father may refer to the Judiciary any time he wishes to collect his child.” He added, “Even though the legal proceedings have allowed for Nima to return to his father, we must [know] how the presiding Judge came to the decision that the father is qualified to care for Nima.”

According to paragraph 220 of Iran’s Islamic Penal Code, if the father or father’s father kills his child or grandchild, he will not be punished for murder. Physical punishment by a parent is permitted in Iranian law.

http://iranhr.net/spip.php?article2094

The head of the Justice Lawyers Center criticized the current laws for the punishment of parents who abuse their child and said that according to the laws of the Islamic Republic, child punishment is legal if it does not lead to a change in the child’s skin color [bruises] …

“The first paragraph of article 59 in the Islamic Penal Law cites the limits in child punishment. It is stipulated in this article that if the father and mother do not go over the boundaries of the conventional punishment, they will not be penalized for punishing the child. The description that the Legal Department of the Judiciary has for conventional punishment is a punishment that does not result to a change in skin color”, he said. (Human Rights Activists in Iran – May 30, 2011)
facebook/Save Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani from being Stoned to Death in Iran, by Donya Jam
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Iranian Judge Returns Severely Abused 4 Year Old to Abus

#2  Postby HughMcB » Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm

According to paragraph 220 of Iran’s Islamic Penal Code, if the father or father’s father kills his child or grandchild, he will not be punished for murder. Physical punishment by a parent is permitted in Iranian law.

Fucking sick.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby cherries » Jun 06, 2011 9:27 pm

one of the comments on that page says:"it is not gods law to beat your children, wives, or animals, you cowards and weak minded men cannot control your bloody tempers, and minds, shame on you."
man this is when i get angry but arguing on that thread over religion doesn't seem right.

cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Oeditor » Jun 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Coming to a Sharia court near you?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Imza » Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Oeditor wrote:Coming to a Sharia court near you?

I'm no fan of Sharia but hitting children is not permitted even under Sharia law. This disgusting act is only legal in iranian law.
Imza

Name: Imza
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby cherries » Jun 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Imza wrote:

I'm no fan of Sharia but hitting children is not permitted even under Sharia law. This disgusting act is only legal in iranian law.

Court in UAE says beating wife, child OK if no marks are left

A court in the United Arab Emirates says a man is permitted under Islamic law to physically discipline his wife and children as long as he leaves no marks and has tried other methods of punishment, the country's top court ruled.

The ruling came in the case of a man who slapped his wife and slapped and kicked his 23-year-old daughter, the document said.

The daughter had bruises on her right hand and right knee and the wife had injuries to her lower lip and teeth, the ruling said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-19/world/uae.court.ruling_1_islamic-law-sharia-law-ruling?_s=PM:WORLD

Upbringing of Children Disciplining of Children – An Islamic Perspective

cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#7  Postby james1v » Jun 06, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm speechless. :ill:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Imza » Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

cherries wrote:
Imza wrote:

A court in the United Arab Emirates says a man is permitted under Islamic law to physically discipline his wife and children as long as he leaves no marks and has tried other methods of punishment, the country's top court ruled.

The ruling came in the case of a man who slapped his wife and slapped and kicked his 23-year-old daughter, the document said.

The daughter had bruises on her right hand and right knee and the wife had injuries to her lower lip and teeth, the ruling said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-19/world/uae.court.ruling_1_islamic-law-sharia-law-ruling?_s=PM:WORLD

I read through a few websites and I actually was wrong. I knew about the wife beating part but not the beating of the children. Still, I think what happened to this kid far surpasses anything that would even be allowed under Sharia law.
Imza

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby james1v » Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

Imza wrote:
cherries wrote:
Imza wrote:

I read through a few websites and I actually was wrong. I knew about the wife beating part but not the beating of the children. Still, I think what happened to this kid far surpasses anything that would even be allowed under Sharia law.

If I'm not mistaken, the father always gets custody of the children under Sharia law. Under Sharia law, women are imbeciles, who cannot raise children, without a man, a big MAN.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Imza » Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

james1v wrote:
Imza wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the father always gets custody of the children under Sharia law. Under Sharia law, women are imbeciles, who cannot raise children, without a man, a big MAN.

I was actually using this website as a reference http://www.islamic-sharia.org/children/ ... sible.html

Not sure how reliable it is what the sources are. In terms of custody, the issue seems even more bizarre (according to this website at least) as the link below shows. Apparently the women has first rights to custody of child unless she remarries. I'm not quite sure what the logic in that is.

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/children/ ... rce-3.html
Imza

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby james1v » Jun 07, 2011 12:31 am

Imza wrote:
james1v wrote:
Imza wrote:

I was actually using this website as a reference http://www.islamic-sharia.org/children/ ... sible.html

Not sure how reliable it is what the sources are. In terms of custody, the issue seems even more bizarre (according to this website at least) as the link below shows. Apparently the women has first rights to custody of child unless she remarries. I'm not quite sure what the logic in that is.

In the first few lines of that link, it says "The father assumes legal guardianship of the children". He therefor, can take the kids away from the mother at will.

If the mother in this case had objected to his treatment of their child, he could have legitimately given her a good kicking, divorced her, then taken this and any other children away from her. Shes between a rock and a hard place, helpless. This is Iran. :think:
james1v

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby jaydot » Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am

islam is sick and it makes any society following it sick.
jaydot

Print view this post

#13  Postby cherries » Jun 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Imza wrote:

thanks for sharing this link,in general while children are still young (around seven to 9)they can be left with the mother unless she remarries or leaves the religion,after that they will go with the father(in fact even while they are with the mother the father is the real custodian,she just being a temporary caregiver).
the reality of sharia law,which in my opinion this uk islamic sharia council tries to sugar over is that women only loose,children should go to the main care giver but in islam it's the father,divorce should be dealt with on an equal level but under islamic law all the husband has to do is pronounce to the wife 'i divorve you" and that's that.
in malaysia where i staid all a man has to do is send a textmessage saying that he is divorcing his wife,whereas a wife demanding a divorce without her husbands approval can take many years,if she gets it at all.

as far as i know beating your children is allowed and even recommended by the prophet as shown in some hadiths;when children become rebellious,of course the usual don't break their bones and leave no marks caution applies,just as it does with 'disciplining' your wife.
if then the parent looses it and transgresses these rules,ending up with a little heap of misery like that boy in the pic as far as i know there is no religious law which says that the caregiver has to be punished,by imprisonment or fine.
the only punishment which is in store will be something that god dishes out in the hereafter but only if the parent dies and the child upon reaching adulthood has not forgiven her/him.

cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Return to Islam