Fatwa body bans mingling of sexes

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Fatwa body bans mingling of sexes

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm

It's like they are uber-gay for Mohammad.. or something

JEDDAH: The permanent committee for issuing religious edicts, chaired by Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Sheikh, has banned the mingling of men and women at offices and educational institutions.

“Women are not allowed to work with men. For example, they cannot work as secretaries for men or at receptions, production lines or accounting sections in a commercial center, pharmacy or restaurant where men are also present,” the ruling said.

The committee, which made this comment while answering a question from a Saudi, warned that the mingling of sexes would have a negative effect on the family and society.

“Women’s work and education should be done without mingling with men. They should work in women-only workplaces, as Islamic teachings ban the mingling of sexes,” the committee said, quoting a verse from the Holy Qur’an: When you ask them (wives of the Prophet) for any goods, ask them from behind a curtain. This is purer for your hearts and for theirs — verse 53, Chapter Al-Ahzab.

The committee said the verse applied to all Muslim women until the Day of Judgment.

Continues: http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article449665.ece
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Fatwa body bans mingling of sexes

#2  Postby Emmeline » Jun 08, 2011 5:41 pm

“Women’s work and education should be done without mingling with men. They should work in women-only workplaces, as Islamic teachings ban the mingling of sexes,” the committee said, quoting a verse from the Holy Qur’an: When you ask them (wives of the Prophet) for any goods, ask them from behind a curtain. This is purer for your hearts and for theirs — verse 53, Chapter Al-Ahzab.

The committee said the verse applied to all Muslim women until the Day of Judgment.

I am SO glad I wasn't born a Muslim. These women are missing such a rich aspect of life. I love working with men and would hate to always be in a female work environment. I like mixed company and I also enjoy the frisson of mild flirting with those I find attractive (as they patently do with me). What a one-dimensional life these people lead just because some paedophile megalomaniac laid down some ridiculous laws hundreds of years ago. :(
Last edited by Emmeline on Jun 08, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmeline

Print view this post

#3  Postby laklak » Jun 08, 2011 5:43 pm

These people are truly FUBAR.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Juliuseizure » Jun 08, 2011 5:56 pm

There's mingling and then there's mingling and then there's mingling. Maybe sheathed sex should not be counted as hardcore mingling. Are virtual lady friends mingellas? Ingkling, minkling...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0sXXNrx-4[/youtube]

As long as they abhor extramarital sex (and only allowed to marry one man at a time (and must have consent before being empowered to divorce)) I see no reason they can't work in massage parlours even, happy endings etc precluded.

Saudi Arabia goes wrong here.
Juliuseizure

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam