Allah hates energy drinks

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Allah hates energy drinks

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jul 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Russia’s Muslim Chechnya region is planning to ban the sale of non-alcoholic energy drinks such as Red Bull to under 18s, saying they are un-Islamic and dangerous, health officials said.

The ban would be the latest restriction from authorities in Chechnya, where shops can only sell alcohol during a small morning time frame, eateries are shut during the Ramadan fasting month and women must wear headscarves in state buildings.

“Energy drinks are comparable to beer,” the deputy minister of health in Chechnya, Rukman Bartiyev, told Reuters, adding that they were harmful to health.

The proposed ban was met with praise from the more conservative sectors of society, but angered ordinary Chechens who are growing increasingly frustrated at laws that only apply to Chechnya and sometimes contradict the Russian constitution.

“There are just too many restrictions lately. We are building a small Islamic state in Russia that looks like Dubai,” said a Grozny resident who gave her name only as Aset, 41.

Continues: http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/201 ... gy-drinks/
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Allah hates energy drinks

#2  Postby lordshipmayhem » Jul 23, 2011 7:32 pm

OK, so they might not be the best thing nutritionally, but where in the Koran is Red Bull mentioned?
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Oeditor » Jul 23, 2011 8:35 pm

lordshipmayhem wrote:OK, so they might not be the best thing nutritionally, but where in the Koran is Red Bull mentioned?
Dunno, but there is a hell of a lot of bull in there! :)
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Kaleid » Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am

Ah! That explains the flying donkey. I always wondered :dopey:

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
Kaleid
RS Donator

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Return to Islam