Feynman movies I have to watch soon.

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Feynman movies I have to watch soon.

#1  Postby rs199208 » Jul 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Can't wait to watch! I may of seen No Ordinary Genius or maybe it was in bits and pieces on you tube.

The Character of Physical Law
BBC Horizon No Ordinary Genius
BBC Horizon The Pleasure of finding Things out

“A man never tells you anything until you contradict him.” George Bernard Shaw
rs199208

Name: Rich Scott
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Feynman movies I have to watch soon.

#2  Postby Subduction Zone » Jul 28, 2011 5:30 am

What no links? :waah:
Subduction Zone

Name: Doug

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby cavarka9 » Jul 28, 2011 5:47 am

Subduction Zone wrote:What no links? :waah:

:hand: watch this cool video and stop crying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDP_8X5Hug[/youtube]
(I have this book qed:strange theory of light and matter).The most amazing book I ever read.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#4  Postby rs199208 » Aug 10, 2011 8:29 pm

I have high quality links but I didn't want to get banned.

rs199208

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby twistor59 » Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm

rs199208 wrote:I have high quality links but I didn't want to get banned.

Why would you be banned ? Unless your links contain videos of naked naughty body parts (in which case PM me .. :lol: )
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby campermon » Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

:rofl:

.......pm me too...... :shifty:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Darkchilde » Aug 14, 2011 12:16 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
rs199208, I removed from view 2 of your posts because they contain links to pirated documentaries, and it is against the FUA specifically:

FUA wrote:
3.8 Proprietary Rights
The Internet allows people throughout the world to share valuable information, ideas and creative works. To ensure continued open access to such materials, we all need to protect the rights of those who share their creations or information with us.

rationalskepticism.org expects that you will not use the service to violate anyone's copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights. By submitting material to rationalskepticism.org, you are representing that you are the owner of the material; are making your submission with the express consent of the owner; or have legal authorisation and/or rights to submit any non-owned property.

In the interests of transparency, the maintenance of a high standard of debate and compliance with copyright law:
    a. All quoted texts must be presented as such and attributed to a source to avoid confusion over authorship. Therefore, you must provide links to online sources or list author, title, and edition copyright when quoting from printed literature. The onus is on you to ensure that you have copyright permission to copy text from articles, in situations where fair use does not apply.
    b. You may not post "copyrighted" material in its entirety or large amounts of material that is available from other sites.
    c. You may not "hotlink" unless it is explicitly allowed by the website.

Please remember the rules about copyrighted material next time you would like to post something similar.

Please do not discuss moderation in this thread. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me or another moderator for this section of the forum.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby The Plc » Aug 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Don't forget to watch Strangeness Minus Three, a rare old documentary from the 1950s about the then burgeoning field of particle physics in Feynman plays the prominent role. Take the World from Another Point of View featuring Fred Hoyle is fascinating. There's also the poignant The Quest for Tannu Tuva, filmed a few days before Feynman died. Watched them all countless times each. Big Feynman fan.
The Plc

Print view this post

#9  Postby Jakov » Aug 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Perhaps instead of posting links, you could write how you found them, I dont think this would break the FUA.
For example

I went to thepiratebay website and typed in "BBC Horizon No Ordinary Genius" and picked the one with the most seeders.
Jakov

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Jakov wrote:Perhaps instead of posting links, you could write how you found them, I dont think this would break the FUA.
For example

I went to thepiratebay website and typed in "BBC Horizon No Ordinary Genius" and picked the one with the most seeders.

Computer confused, is an indirect reference still not a reference?. :what:
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#11  Postby KeenIdiot » Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Feynman was awesome, I've picked up all of his books... even though the physics makes me cross eyed.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Jakov » Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm

I've read the relevant section of the FUA a few times now and I think we might just get away with it!

After all, if clear instructions like the above are not allowed we could progressively move onto vaguer and vaguer instructions.
Saying the name of the documentaries is obviously allowed, its pretty difficult to choose an arbitarary line between that and posting links.

Ahh, the contradictions of "intellectual property". :cheers:
Jakov

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Jakov wrote:I've read the relevant section of the FUA a few times now and I think we might just get away with it!

After all, if clear instructions like the above are not allowed we could progressively move onto vaguer and vaguer instructions.
Saying the name of the documentaries is obviously allowed, its pretty difficult to choose an arbitarary line between that and posting links.

Ahh, the contradictions of "intellectual property". :cheers:

not a fan of intellectual property, atleast not in science and technology, art on the other hand does need protection. This is more of an art than science because he speaks to the layman. :popcorn:
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#14  Postby rs199208 » Aug 14, 2011 8:58 pm

One could just say PM me for further details.
I thought I might be crossing the line but I wasn't sure because I do think some things should be open to all.
but anywho... Sorry, I wont do it again.

rs199208

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby rs199208 » Aug 14, 2011 9:05 pm

The Plc wrote:Don't forget to watch Strangeness Minus Three, a rare old documentary from the 1950s about the then burgeoning field of particle physics in Feynman plays the prominent role. Take the World from Another Point of View featuring Fred Hoyle is fascinating. There's also the poignant The Quest for Tannu Tuva, filmed a few days before Feynman died. Watched them all countless times each. Big Feynman fan.

Thanks!

rs199208

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Physics