What should I do first?

A question concerning learning.

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

What should I do first?

#1  Postby C. Cochran » Sep 04, 2011 5:15 am

Hi everyone.
I am wondering what i should try to learn first, basic algebraic Physics (Which i have a book for, a decent one from what I've seen so far) or Calculus (Then onto Physics with Calculus). The problem is that i am interested in mathematics and it seems to me that the best sequence would be mathematics first, then specific material, but i'm having a problem keeping my resolve when i start to study.

I have watched the pre-Calc and Calculus lectures on Khan Academy which i understood really well but at the moment "Use it or lose it." is disturbingly true. It simply didn't stick. I'm in school for Aircraft electronics and it could be that I don't have the focus for both at the same time, but it's so hard for me not to want to study. This question could be completely unnecessary because I'm getting medicated for heavy ADD soon but just in case lol
Please make any suggestions. :cheers:
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
- Albert Einstein
C. Cochran

Name: Caleb Cochran
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: What should I do first?

#2  Postby cavarka9 » Sep 04, 2011 5:58 am

my advice is something I never followed but increasingly I have found it to be true, so do not repeat my mistakes, "Practice". Even geniuses work for 13hrs a day!.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Delvo » Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

Lack of apparent applications to use it for was the problem with calculus for me. I wouldn't take a calculus class again unless I were also doing something else that puts it to use and makes it more a part of the real world I live instead of just number-philosophy.
Delvo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby C. Cochran » Sep 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Thank you, both of you. Whew, I'm really glad it's not just me lol
Do you suggest i work on Algebraic Physics for the time being then?
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
- Albert Einstein
C. Cochran

Name: Caleb Cochran
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Physics