Android Netrunner

Fantasy Flight LCG

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Android Netrunner

#1  Postby susu.exp » Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am

A:NR has been around for a bit now and the first two expansions have hit the shelves.

Right now, my games tend to be very close - 30-40 minutes of play and then it´s usually a situation where either I or my opponent win with the last click on their turn, with the other side able to win it on their turn. That speaks for the balance of the game at least when you´ve got experienced players. It´s also going to get to a state where it´ll be hard to get into at some point, as the expansions really expand the options and you want your playstyle to evolve. If you start a year from now, there´ll be quite a few more identities to deal with and thus playstyles (and of course some identities allow multiple basic strategies as well).

There is an Octgn implementation, but the game itself is nicely produced and if you can find a couple of regular opponents it´s worth buying IMHO. If you can´t there´s really no excuse not to play on Octgn - this game rocks.
susu
susu.exp

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Android Netrunner

#2  Postby Wuffy » Feb 18, 2013 4:34 am

A few people In my Area Play the new Netrunner.

I've had quite a bit of fun playing runner agaisnt my friend, I didn't get a chance to make a mash deck though. I was hoping to blend some red and green together to make an interesting Virus/Upgrade runner.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3  Postby susu.exp » Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm

If you haven´t played the corp side, I´d try that out before starting to build decks. It gives you another perspective on cards - often the ones you´d pick as a runner aren´t the ones that make you go "oh dang" when you´re the corp player innitially, but when you play both sides you´ll tend to put the ones in your runner decks that can ruin a corps day and vice versa...

That´s especially true of Shaper (green) cards. A great rig will help you, but won´t win the game by itself and the cards I fear the most are things like tinkering, which doesn´t seem that great on first sight. The same is true for all the Runners. Deja Vu is amazing IMHO, as is Stimhack (both Anarch, red). If you use Kate (green) viri won´t help you that much (datasucker works well, parasite isn´t that great and the markers eye beats medium there) and if you use Noise (red) there are some Criminal cards I´d prefer to all shaper cards (that´s my current runner set up). My early Noise decks had Magnum Opus and Mem Chips, but I´ve found that I can´t really afford the memory use of MO even with the AMCs.

The options are endless...
susu
susu.exp

Print view this post

#4  Postby Loren Michael » Feb 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Fuck I need to get on this game. I played the original Netrunner WotC way back when. Still have all my shit. Some of the cards are (were?) overpowered, but mechanics-wise the game is almost flawless.

Is there a complete cardlist somewhere? I'm curious about the changes and what the new stuff is.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

#5  Postby susu.exp » Feb 18, 2013 8:02 pm

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/net ... ck-builder

In terms of mechanics there are some changes:
Traces now work without secret spending. The corp pays up fron increased by tracet, the runner then may spend as much as they want increased by their link (0 unless there´s a card ability).
Bad Publicity doesn´t produce an auto-lose for the corp, instead it gives the runner an additional credit to spend during each run.
Every deck is based on an identity - the corp one now serves as a placeholder for HQ - each with some bonus ability. There are 4 corp fractions and 3 runner fractions. Deck building is limited to 3 copies per card, and while you may play any card from your identity and neutral ones, there´s a limit on how many out of fraction cards you can put in a deck.

I did have a lot of fun with the original as well, but i think the changes are generally good moves and the identities give you good reasons to have several corp and runner decks ready.
susu
susu.exp

Print view this post

#6  Postby Loren Michael » Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Cool, thanks. Assets instead of nodes.

I preferred the old coloration. Oh well.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

Return to Video Games