Back WOW after 7 years

Had to do something now I'm not studying

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Back WOW after 7 years

#141  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Managed to get my Orc Warlock to lvl 90.
Now I'm farming for the Greenfire quest item on Isle of Thunder. Yipee. :sigh:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#142  Postby willhud9 » Nov 09, 2014 7:34 pm

BOAS used to be sold for justice but are temporarily removed until the new pve reward system is implemented.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#143  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 11, 2014 10:16 am

I tried 25 man ICC today, I beat the first boss and wiped on the second due to not knowing the strategy. I was about to look it up then went, screw it just go...yeah good idea that was. I want that mount drop for beating the Lich King on 25 man, I doubt I will be able to get it at 90 with my current ilevel so I will wait till I am level 100 then come back and cheese it.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Got the Ulduar 10 man mount last week, Yogg Saron is a bitch, even with 2 players at 490 and 520 respectively.
I finished the 10 man achievements for ICC solo yesterday, with the exception of the Vampire Queen and Lich King one, because you cannot solo them due to the particular mechanic involved that won't be active with only one player.

Have given up trying to get the Greenfire achi for my warlock before WOD. The RNG involved is ridiculous.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#145  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 11, 2014 12:51 pm

I could ask people in the guild I am in if they want to help, I am sure more than a few are looking to do this shit. But really I don't want to have to deal with people wanting it all their way. People can get so pissy when you want to take a bit of time and work out what is going on because it is the first time you have ran something.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#146  Postby willhud9 » Nov 11, 2014 4:04 pm

I solo'd 25 man ICC on my holy paladin....:lol:
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#147  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 11, 2014 6:05 pm

willhud9 wrote:I solo'd 25 man ICC on my holy paladin....:lol:

The instance perhaps, but the Meta achievement, atm, is impossible as two of them require the boss to use mechanics that don't or work differently when there's only 1 player possible.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#148  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 11, 2014 6:06 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:I could ask people in the guild I am in if they want to help, I am sure more than a few are looking to do this shit. But really I don't want to have to deal with people wanting it all their way. People can get so pissy when you want to take a bit of time and work out what is going on because it is the first time you have ran something.

Reason I try to solo everything, or only take my closest friend.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#149  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Been playing some of the new expansion. Got my garrison set up and did some quests but the lag, while not showing in my connection ms is fucking severely bad. Lots of input lag and missed command strokes as well as spells all going off at once. Going to give it a couple more hours to calm down then head back in...I hope the first dungeon isn't too hard in a pug cause I think it is about time I start doing them as I level.

It seems Draneor is going to be kinda like the timeless isle, with chest/loot spawns and rare mob locations for people to hunt.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#150  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2014 6:16 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Been playing some of the new expansion. Got my garrison set up and did some quests but the lag, while not showing in my connection ms is fucking severely bad. Lots of input lag and missed command strokes as well as spells all going off at once. Going to give it a couple more hours to calm down then head back in...I hope the first dungeon isn't too hard in a pug cause I think it is about time I start doing them as I level.

It seems Draneor is going to be kinda like the timeless isle, with chest/loot spawns and rare mob locations for people to hunt.

Can't get into my garrison half the time, can't finish a particular quest because it won't load the instance.
Says instance not found.
And the server with my horde chars is locked.

Friend of mine did his first dungeon and said it was easy.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#151  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Over half the servers are locked.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#152  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Also can't seem to 'tag' some rares, even when I'm the first to hit it.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#153  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Game has now become unplayable, can't see any npcs and only rarely see players. :rage:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#154  Postby willhud9 » Nov 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah, Blizz needs to do a hotfix for several things namely the server lags and the crashes.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#155  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2014 10:18 pm

I can't even log onto my main right now, I get DC-ed after a couple of seconds.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#156  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 14, 2014 7:14 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Also can't seem to 'tag' some rares, even when I'm the first to hit it.

I don't think rares are taggable. Anyone who helps kill it gets the reward. Either that is a mistake of the lag or intended but that the moment is how it seems to be working.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#157  Postby Fallible » Nov 14, 2014 7:23 am

Didn't they introduce that with MOP?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#158  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 14, 2014 7:28 am

I never ran into more than one person taking on a rare in MoP so I can't be sure. I think that is how the Timeless Isle worked, that the rare events and spawns were open to anyone to get loot as long as they helped in some way.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#159  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 14, 2014 10:18 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:Also can't seem to 'tag' some rares, even when I'm the first to hit it.

I don't think rares are taggable. Anyone who helps kill it gets the reward. Either that is a mistake of the lag or intended but that the moment is how it seems to be working.

That's the point, it's not working like that for me. Some rare mobs will still gray-out even if I'm the first to attack them.
Going to check whether Blizz has fixed the whole server issue.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#160  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 14, 2014 10:18 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:I never ran into more than one person taking on a rare in MoP so I can't be sure. I think that is how the Timeless Isle worked, that the rare events and spawns were open to anyone to get loot as long as they helped in some way.

:nod:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games